𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

You and JD were sitting on his couch, discussing today.  It was fun, and you couldn't stop thinking about it.  It was your personal heaven, you were having fun with the students of Westerberg, and everyone was actually getting along for once in their lives.

"Today was great!  I don't usually like chaos, but it was fucking awesome!"

"What are you talking about?  Chaos is great!  Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs!  Darling, face it, Chaos is a basic element everyone needs!"

"No, it's immature.  But today it was fun.  Today and today only."

JD smiled, swiftly pulled you in and gave you a kiss, just in time for Bud Dean to enter the room.  You were a little nervous about him, especially after what happened the last time you were over.  It was actually the reason you said you couldn't stay for dinner.  You were a little scared of him, but you felt bad telling that to JD.

"Oh, you kids are making too much noise," JD 'complained.'

"We beat the bitches," Bud cheered.

He pulled out a VHS tape from seemingly nowhere.  He stuck it in the television, and the screen lit up, displaying 'the fleabag hotel.'  It wasn't anything really special, and it stayed in the middle of town.  It wasn't anything you felt needed to be torn down.  It was just a normal hotel, and it did the job well.

"The judge told 'em to slurp shit and die... I put a Norwegian in the boiler room," Bud explained.

You watched in horror as a smoke cloud emerged from the bottom of the building.  The cloud rose higher, and the building began to sink down.  Bud owned a deconstruction company, but you never expected him to take recordings of the deconstruction.  You wanted to turn off the TV, and you didn't want to keep watching the hotel get blown into smithereens.  But you were at someone else's house, and that would be incredibly disrespectful.

"Masterful," Bud exclaimed happily.  "And then, when that blew, it set off a pack of thermals I stuck upstairs!  You know somedays... it's great to be alive."

JD was fascinated by the sight on the screen.  These tapes of pure destruction that his dad brought home were his version of Disney.  He had watched them throughout his childhood, and they never lost that sense of magic no matter how many times you watched them.  It was nice and tidy one minute, and then a heap of rubble the next.  It was a beautiful chaos.

Bud looked on the enamored expression gracing his son's face, and chuckled softly.  Then he walked off.  He knew Jason would just want some random food from the local Snappy Snack Shack, so he would probably just have a sandwich for dinner, but he'd still need to make it.

"Do you like your father," you asked suddenly.

Maybe you could try and tell him about your nerves gently.

"I've never given the matter much thought," JD told you.  "I liked my mother.  They say her death was an accident, but she knew what she was doing.  She walked into the building two minutes before dad blew the place up.  She waved at me, then... boom."

You grabbed his hand, suddenly feeling very sad.  You like tragedies, but when they were fictional.  You didn't like this kind of tragedy.  Not the real kind.

Then, the new radio hit began to play from the kitchen.  Bud always listened to music when he made food.  He and his wife used to dance in the kitchen when they were younger.  He still played music when he was in the kitchen for prolonged periods of time.  It was special to him.  It was like he could feel her in there with him, dancing along.  As if he were dancing with her ghost.

"Hey, it's the school's song," JD pointed out.

The song 'Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It,' by Big Fun began to play, and JD practically jumped from his seat.  He began to dance around, a little crazier than he should be to the opening of a song.  Then he pulled out his gun, and fired at the kitchen.  The music stopped playing, so he assumed he had blown the radio straight to Kansas.

You jumped up, terrified.  JD faced you, a crazy smile on his face you hadn't seen before.  It was terrifying.

Before you could make a move to leave, JD grabbed your waist and pulled you in.  He started to kiss you, and you were horrified.  You managed to push him away (somehow), and quickly made your way to the front door.

"What," JD shouted after you.  "What?!"

He quickly caught up to you, spun you around, and began to kiss you again.  You tried to push him away again, and this time... you managed to get away from him yet again.  Surprising, I know.  He was going easy on you as not to hurt you, but no one would ever learn that.

You quickly rushed out the door, and began to jog home.  You had hitched a ride with him after school, and like hell you were gonna ride home with him now.  God, this was becoming more than a mistake.  It wasn't your everyday regret either.  It was more like a stray cat that wouldn't leave you the fuck alone.  Now, you need to find a way to get him to stay away from you.  How though?  Maybe your genius sister had a few ideas.  She did tell you to avoid him, after all.

Or maybe you could wait it out.  If you hadn't interacted with him at the funeral, he'd probably be off your back by now.  So, maybe if you just actually ignored him, you could handle this yourself.

A/n: new weird camera roll image every chapter for my own enjoyment.