Chapter 24 [CROSSING THE LINE]

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

AFTER  Kristina and her puppets were out of sight, Sav started to telling me all about her. She allegedly has an affair with the Prison's Governor. People bow to her because she literally gets away with any crime she commits.

"I think you should find the means to give her the money" Sav said and I shook my head in disapproval. "Why would I do that?" She looked at me. "You see, Kristina is very dangerous. She has a habit of making people disappear." She said her voice was low and it carried a whole lot of seriousness in it. " What do you mean disappear?" I didn't understand what she meant. " She usually kills people and make it look like an accident or suicide." She whispers. " And she gets away with that?" She nods and answers " there's a number of families that have tried to take her to court but the case never push through. She is that dangerous" I was starting to get a little bit tense by what she was saying. " And does the Governor know what she does?" She shakes her head. "That's not fair though" she nods and answers, " nothing is fair Crystie, you need to find a way to pay her" she says. "I don't know where I'll get the money. I haven't been permitted to make phone calls or accept visitors" she looks at me with worry. " I'll lend you some, but you'll have to promise me that you'll return it once you get your hands on some cash. I have to make my next payment by next month" she said and I smile. "Thank you so much Sav, I promise to pay you once my lawyer or Sir Barnie come to visit" she nods and we drift to much lighter conversations.

"So what crime did the great Crystal Danford commit for her to acquire a maximum sentence?" She asked. That question hit me unexpectedly. "You don't have to tell me if you ain't ready" she says. "No, you've told me your story so it's only fair if I tell you mine"  she nodded her head. I took a deep breath in. I noticed that I have never really talked about it. "Well I chose love over my parents and this is where i ended up" as the words came out of my mouth I started to get worked up a little bit. I started playing with my nails, removing dirt from them.  " You mean to say that Xavier Smith is the reason you are behind bars?" She asked and I was shocked. How the hell did she know Xavier. Then it hit me that we went public after our secret wedding. Everyone took interest in our lives way more that I expected them to but I got over it eventually.  Xavier was the internet's golden boy and I was the daughter of a billionaire so every man envied Xavier's position. "Yeah, I mean Xavier Smith. He framed me of murder and felony." She looked taken a back by what I said. I know that that's not what she expected to hear. "but I thought you guys were like the perfect couple" I nodded and said, "I thought so to but it turns out were weren't that's why I am here today." She looked at me with pity. "Don't pity me Sav" she shook her head. She was about to say something but she stopped herself. "I actually thought that you guys were the real definition of true love I guess true love will always remain a myth."  I pressed my lips into a thin line and shook my head in disapproval. " Don't say that. Just because my marriage didn't work out doesn't mean that true love doesn't exist. If I had listened to my parents and not get married to Xavier, maybe things would have turned out differently." I said. " Maybe it's true that you have to kiss a few frogs just to get your prince. We both went silent. It's like we were both thinking about how we could've made better choices we wouldn't be here right now.

We started talking about random things. She told me that she actually studied medicine but she decided to follow her passion. Which was art. She  started painting but her art gallery got shut down because she couldn't afford rent. She then started dating this guy who introduced her to underground boxing and tattooing. She's actually one of the best tattoo artist in the country. She actually learnt boxing for self defense. She got better at it and the minute that she knew she could make money from it, she went for it. I was so shocked when she told me she sold drugs just to complete college. I didn't know what to say since it wasn't right. But from what I know, the streets are hungry and you gotta do what you gotta do to help yourself. I was in no position to judge her and I didn't. 

There's seriously more to Sav than what meet the eye. She even has a tattoo machine in her cell. It's what she uses to make money. She is a whole vibe and you can't get bored around her. 

Our conversation was cut short when we heard a sharp scream coming from across the zone. I looked into that direction and saw Kristina and her little puppets beating up someone. They weren't going easy on her. They were kicking her every where. She kept on screaming for them to stop but they didn't. She started to call for help but people were ignoring her. I got up from my bench and rushed to her. Ignoring the the voice of Savannah  "Kristina stop! Can't you see that you are hurting her? What if you kill her?" Kristina looked at me with rage and anger. I knelt down to the girl's level and picked her head up. I placed her head on my lap. She was coughing and spitting out blood. I could tell that she was loosing a whole lot of blood. If we don't get her to the hospital she'll definitely die. I can't believe she did this to her. "You are starting to cross the line new girl and you won't like what's coming your way" Kristina said. She walked out of the scene. Two wardens came and carried with a stretcher to the ambulance. Everyone looked at me and started to whisper. I walked back to the bench and sat down.

***************************************
Thank y'all for reading this chapter ❤️