Chapter 4 [ FEAR]

Veronica's P.O.V.

   After the confrontation I had with Crystal, I went up to Xavier's office but he wasn't there, so I decided to go home. I got in my car and drove off. I felt like someone was watching me. But I brushed it off. I got into my apartment and went straight into the shower. But my bathroom door was open and the lights were on and the shower was running. That was odd. I never turn on the lights during the day because my house had big windows which allowed natural light to illuminate the whole house. So this was extremely odd.

Then I saw the silhouette of a man behind the curtains. I knew that it was him. He is here. "How did it go?" He asked with a deep voice that was full of anger and  authority. 

"E-e-everything worked out as we planned S-sir." I stuttered. "Good," he moved slightly and then continued, " you know what follows next." He said and I heard the front door closing. I turned my head to look  if I'll see the person who was there but there was no one. When I turned my head back to where his silhouette was, he was gone. I took a step back and held my chest. What the fuck did I get myself into. He is everywhere and nowhere. He scares the shit out of me. I have never seen his face or his actual body, infact no one has ever seen him in person, you only see his silhouette. I looked at the framed photo of me and Crystal when we were in college. I couldn't help but cry.

            Crystal's  P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and they were so damn heavy. My head was banging I guess because of the way I cried yesterday. I got up and sat on my bed. I removed my phone from the charger and i saw that the time was 3:50am.
I got out of bed and went into the shower. I washed my hair, cleaned myself up and got out. I went into the closet and I noticed that all my clothes were put in place. I guess someone must've arranged everything when I was asleep. I picked out a big black knee length fur coat, a pair of black mummy jeans and a black low cut turtle neck, and my black Gucci snake boots. I wore the outfit and then straightened my hair. I took my big black Chanel glasses, my phone, purse and car keys. I opened the door slowly because I didn't want to wake anyone.
I tiptoed all the way to the parking area and got in to my car. I  knew the guards wouldn't open the gate for me without authorization from Sir Barnie, but to my surprise, they opened the gate without asking any questions. I continued to drive until I was out of the compound. I drove all the way to the cemetery.

It was high time I talk to my parents. I've not visited their grave since the funeral. As I was entering into the gates of the cemetery, I saw an old lady selling flowers. I got out of the car and went to her. "Hello ma'am, how much for the flowers, I want two dozen of white roses"  I told he. She gave me a warm smile before she responded, "hello dear,  that would be $24 for both," I took out my purse and handed her a one hundred dollar bill and told her to keep the change. She thanked me and handed me the flowers. I went back into the car and drove into the cemetery. It was dark and disturbingly silent. Once I located my parents graves I parked my car and walked to them. I had hidden all my emotions at the back of my mind but now, they came crashing into my mind.  I was so ashamed of myself to even face their graves because I knew that I had disappointed them. I allowed my relationship with them to fall out because of someone who never loved me in the first place. I should've listened to you mom.

Things would have been different. I was stubborn and now I have lost everything. I fell down on my knees and continued to cry. I wish I could just hear your voice one more time mom, I wish I could just hear you telling me that everything is going to be fine. I just want to hear you scold me for wearing all black. I know how much you hated black and I wore it so that I could just hear you yell at me for being dull and boring. I took my glasses off and moved slightly so that I was facing my dad's grave. Dad, I am sorry for not listening to you. Now I know that you saw what I couldn't see. I should've listened and maybe things would have gone differently.

I heard a movement from the grave on the other side of the road but I ignored it. The sun was already out and I knew that Sir Barnie would be looking for me. I got up and dusted myself off. I placed the flowers on each grave. I wiped my tears and wore my glasses. As I was walking back to my car, I could feel like someone was watching me. But it was daytime and I couldn't see anyone. I looked back and saw a figure going behind a tree. I began to freak out. I started to walk faster but I suddenly bumped into a wall. No, it was a person. A very muscular person. I took a step back but I tripped and was ready to hit the ground but I felt some very strong hands holding me.
I was about to turn around and look at the man's face when he suddenly turned me around and begun to strangle me. He saves me from falling but strangles me? Is he mad or something?? I asked myself. I felt like i was  out of breathe. He suddenly released his grip from my neck. I quickly turned around only to find that no one was there. It was like I imagined it all. I ran and got into my car. I drove off as fast as I could.

***************************************
Y'all know the drill, please vote, comment and share. Don't forget to follow me.
Thank you ❤️