Colors

(This chapter is longer than usual so enjoy :> )

Your P.O.V.

After their practice ended, I waited for them at the gate. I was supposed to go home but they told me we were celebrating Eunbi and Yena's birthday today so I texted my mom that I would probably be home late.

"Y/n-ie!" I looked up and saw the 12 of them heading towards me, with Wonyoung sprinting to me.

"Wonyoung-ie!" I greeted back and as soon as she was close to me, she engulfed me in a hug.

I instantly wrapped my arms around her, as I inhale the familiar scent of her perfume. I could definitely get addicted to this.

But you know, things don't last forever, so we both had to let go.

"Have you told your mom that you'll be going home late?" she asked.

I only nodded and the rest of them finally caught up to us.

"Who's ready to partyyyy!!" Yena shouted and we all erupted into cheers.

"I'm ready to eat." Hyewon said and we all agreed since it was a tiring day and a nice meal would be fine.

As we arrived at Yena's house, we greeted her family and they ushered us into their kitchen to start the celebration.

While we were eating, we were conversing and to be honest, things were going better than expected. I thought things were going to be awkward since I was new to the group, but Yena's family made us feel welcome. They even acknowledged me!

"So Y/n, you're new to the group right?" Mrs. Choi asked me.

I felt pressured when suddenly they all turned to me as I was just about to take a bite.

"Yes Mrs. Choi." I answered politely.

"May I ask how you met these kids?" this time it was Mr. Choi who asked.

I smiled as I looked at Wonyoung, reminiscing the moment we first met.

"Actually, me and my mom just moved here and I had no friends. I met Wonyoung first and we both had no idea we were going to be in the same class. She introduced me to everyone and I'm grateful that I met them." I answered.

They all gave me warm smiles and we all laughed as Yena faked a cry.

"We're thankful that we met you too, Y/n." Nako said as she smiled at me.

"Ok! Time to bring in the cake!" Yena's older brother said while holding a cake.

We sang happy birthday for the two birthday girls and ate the cake after they sliced it.

"Guys! Let's go to my room!" Yena suggested and we all followed her upstairs.

Her room is somewhat big and it has a small patio outside. You can see the orange glow of the sunset by the glass door.

"Your room is cool, Yena!" I gawked.

"Hehe. Like me, right?" she replied and made a pose. I laughed and just agreed with her.

"Oh, and there's also a ladder that leads up to the roof just beside the door when you go outside. Is it much more cool now?" as soon as she said that, I looked at her with amusement and asked for confirmation.

She nodded and showed me outside. The cold air brushed through my hair and I can feel the night coming in. I looked for the ladder and as Yena said, it did lead to the roof.

I loved stargazing and staring at the sky, so this is probably one of the coolest things I've seen. After that we went back inside and we all settled into different places as I sat on the bed. I appreciated the comfy feeling and tried to bounce, then Nako and Minju joined me.