Destiny

Your P.O.V.

The next day, I woke up with the blinding sunlight peeking through my window. I turned away from it and tried to go back to sleep but my alarm suddenly went off.

"Damn you."I ranted and turned it off quickly.

I wanted to go back to dreamland but I remembered today was my first day of school. So I got up and did my morning routine before heading downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Ready for your new school?" my mom asked me while setting plates at the table.

"Yeah, I guess." I answered blankly. To be honest I was really nervous because this is the first time that I change schools. I just entered senior high school and my parents decided to enroll me in a university. We were from the province and now we're adjusting to living in the city.

After eating breakfast, I went out and walked to school. We were quite lucky to find an apartment near the university I'm going to be studying in. Once I was there, I was fascinated by how huge the school was. My previous school was quite small, but it was great. I walked to the grounds and eventually found myself at the lockers. One of the school staff already gave me the schedule through my mom where my locker would be, and things like that.

I was trying to find my locker and there were many students already since classes were starting soon, so I tried not to bump into people but someone ran into me from behind. Lucky me, I caught my balance.

"Oops- sorry." the girl who bumped into me only glanced at me for a second but when she finally saw me, she stopped. She was the same height as mine and she had shoulder-length black hair.

"Uh, it's okay." I said assuringly and resumed finding for my locker. But the girl didn't even move for a bit.

"I said it's okay, are you fine?" I asked her then she blinked a few times before coming back to reality.

"Oh, yeah sorry. I spaced out for a bit after seeing a beau- I mean a student." she said and laughed sheepishly.

I just nodded and went on to find my locker. When I finally found it, I just noticed someone ran past me and it was her again, but this time there was another girl chasing after her.

"I'M GOING TO CATCH YOU- !" and before she can mention her name they already ran away. So I continued fixing my things and went to class.

When I entered, the teacher was already there so I knocked and she let me in.

"Class, you have a new student today. Please introduce yourself." she said and motioned me to speak.

"My name is Kim Y/n. Nice to meet you all." I said and bowed.

"You can call me Ms. Im, kid. And you can sit there next to the long-haired girl, beside the window." Ms. Im said and pointed at the empty seat.

When I looked at the girl I would be sitting next to, I felt my face heat up and my heart beat faster. She smiled at me like I was the stars from the night sky. I walked to my seat trying not to show how happy I was. When I finally settled at my seat, she turned to look at me.

"Hey, Y/n. It's nice to see you again." she told me happily. So I looked at her and smiled as well.

"I'm happy to see you too, Wonyoung."

Wonyoung's P.O.V.

"I'm happy to see you too, Wonyoung."

When she said that, my smile grew bigger. I never expected to see her again, as classmates too.

In between classes, we had small conversations and got to know each other. Her family moved in from the province and this is her first time changing schools. So this is a big adjustment for her. When the bell rang indicating lunch break, I grabbed my things and turned to her.

"Hey Y/n, since you're new here do you wanna have lunch with me?" I offered her. I saw her cheeks blushed a little and I thought it was cute, so I giggled.

"Of course, thank you for the offer Wonyoung." she said and smiled.

We went to the cafeteria together and ordered our meal. While we were finding seats, I saw my friends sitting on a table big enough to fit all of us and for Y/n too. So we went to them.

"Y/n, they're my friends so I would like to introduce you to them." I said as we took a seat at the table.

"Wonyoung-ah, how was your- oh, hi there! You must be?" one of my friends, Yujin unnie said.

"Kim Y/n. I am new to the school and I'm on the same class as Wonyoung." she said and sat next to me.

"I'm Ahn Yujin, I'm in twelfth grade." Yujin unnie said and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Jo Yuri, this is Nako, Hitomi, and we are Freshmen." Yuri unnie said and introduced the rest of them.

"Why did you not include me?" Minju said and looked at Yuri unbelievably.

"You can speak for yourself." Yuri replied.

"But Nako and Hitomi can too!" Minju said and they started bickering again. We only sighed as Y/n laughed a bit.

"Don't worry, they're like that all the time." I told her and she just giggled before we started eating.

After we ate and talked, Y/n said that she would go to the bathroom for a while and I offered to go with her, but she said that she knew the way. So she told us to go ahead to class and she'll catch up.

While walking at the halls, Yujin walked beside me and matched my pace.

"So, as far as I remember she EXACTLY fits the description of the girl you told me about yesterday." she said with a smirk.

"And? So what if she IS the girl yesterday?" I told her imitating her tone and she laughed.

"What do you mean 'so what'? Aren't you supposed to be all giddy and happy that you saw her again?" she said while raising her eyebrows up and down. Here she is again, teasing the hell out of me.

"Tsk, who said I wasn't?" I told her while smirking. She faked acting surprised and we laughed.

As we continued down the hall, we separated into our own classes and I waited for Y/n at our room. I was getting worried that maybe she got lost, but seconds before our teacher came in, she walked in and quickly went into her seat and I let out a sigh of relief. While the teacher was discussing, I couldn't help but remember what Yujin and I talked about earlier, and the last thing I told her.

"This is no coincidence. It's destiny."