Chapter 4: Louna's First Day at Work

Louna's POV:

Today is my first day at work. I feel very excited, I couldn't sleep much last night because I was so nervous about starting something new. I will start my training as a beautician today. I always wanted to be a beautician. Furthermore, I love to beautify other people. And that also makes me mega happy. I had to get up at 8am today. The work starts at 9am and ends at 5pm. So the working time is also perfect. At 08.45am I left by bus to work. The ride took 10 minutes, so it's near where I live. I got there and there was a surprise for me. The team stood there in front of the entry and made a welcome sign for me. So really they were like, welcome to Team Louna. That was really great. I feel very honored. Then the work started. The team showed me everything where is what and what are my first tasks. Of course, I am a student, and first I have to clean and things like that. But with time I will be allowed to do more. I have to gain some experience first. Then it was lunchtime. I went to lunch with the team. Then it was afternoon and I continued working. In the afternoon I had a customer who really looked 1 to 1 like Victoria. So I spoke to her.

------------------------

Louna: Victoria.... VICTORIA...... Vickyy, can you hear me?

*Client Larissa turns around and looks at Louna in confusion*

*Louna gasps in shock*

Louna: Sorry, I thought you were Victoria. She looks similar to you. Can I offer you something?

Customer Larissa: No problem, I know the situation when someone looks similar to someone else and then gets confused. It can happen. And you really don't have to be ashamed. Just call me Larissa. And I would like to do a beauty care.

Louna: Okay, thank you very much for understanding and welcome Larissa. Very welcome, you can come with me right now, and you will get a beauty care. I wish you a lot of fun with the beauty treatment.

Customer Larissa: Thank you, can it be that you are new here?

Louna: Yes, today is my first day at work.

Client Larissa: That's cool. I can see that you are new here. I am the loyal customer of the boutique. Likewise, I wish you all the best in your apprenticeship.

Louna: Thank you very much. I am glad that you like to come to us.

Customer Larissa: I always like to come by, the team is really cool. Wait, your face looks so familiar. You totally remind me of my daughter.

Louna: Wow, really? If I'm honest, you look like my mom on the picture. When I was little my mother left me. I don't know where she is. I have never seen her since she left me.

Customer Larissa: What is your last name?

Louna: My last name is Anderson

Client Larissa: That's not true or? My name is Anderson too.

*Louna's thoughts: Don't say my mother is in front of me....*

Customer Larissa: I gave birth to a daughter and I named her Louna. My last name is also Anderson. And you look similar to me. It could be that you are my daughter.

Louna: I don't know what to say... I have so many questions. But now I have to go away. Excuse me.

Customer Larissa: Yes, no problem... sorry for getting you so upset.

Louna: Thank you for understanding and have a nice day.

*Louna walked out thinking: How could someone do this to me? Why did she leave me? Does she now really think that she can just come back out of nowhere and say I'm here and that's it? Sorry no, I don't go with that*

------------------------

Louna went home and was done with work. She arrived home and saw a note on the table. The note said: Vicky and Marijetta are at South Beach having something delicious to drink. Why don't you come too? But Louna didn't want to come. She just wants to be alone and went into the room. Then suddenly the doorbell rang. Louna went downstairs and opened the door and was pissed. Louna's mother was standing in front of the door.

Louna: What are you doing? What do you want? You left me and I could live my life without you.

Larissa: I want to explain everything to you. Really explain everything. Please listen to me, and then you can decide if you still want to see me or not.

Louna rolled her eyes and said: Ok, come in. Do you want something to drink?

Larissa: Yes please. I take water.

*Louna gets a glass of water and gives it to her mother*

Louna: Ok, good. Here's the water. Well, go for it.

*Larissa takes a deep breath and looks at Louna*

Larissa: So, I was pregnant with you when I was 17. I was at a party at the club with my friends at the time. Then my friends just went home without me. I don't know why. Then a group of strong boys came. And they took me .....