Ch. 33 - Frenemies

**** Two Weeks Later ****

"Hey babe," Everly said, walking into Keaton's dorm room without knocking, kicking the door shut behind her with her foot. She dropped her backpack onto the floor and plopped down on the small couch next to him, leaning in and giving him a peck on the lips.

"Hey babe," he said with a smile, closing his laptop and turning to face her. "Why do you look so happy?"

"Because I'm out of class and I get to see you," she smiled, leaning in and giving him a kiss.

"Hey you know what I was thinking? Now that me and Brad are close friends again, it would be really nice for you and him to become friends too."

"What?" Keaton laughed, scrunching his eyebrows. "You want ME to become friends with BRAD?" Keaton scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "That sounds bloody fantastic. Hey I'm shagging the bird you're still in love with. Let's be mates," he said sarcastically. "What could possibly go wrong?"

Everly laughed and smacked his arm. "I'm serious," she said, shaking her head with a smile. "I want you two to get along so I don't have to always hang out with him without you. It would be nice if we could all hang out together and be friends. And he's not in love with me. He knows I love you and he's accepted that and moved on with Trisha."

Keaton took a deep breath in and let it out, laying his head back on the back of the couch and staring up at the ceiling. 

"Please babe," she begged. "Why don't you try hanging out with him and just see how it goes?" she asked softly. "For me?" 

He looked over at her and exhaled deeply. "You're not going to let this go until it happens are you?"

"Nope," she said with a playful smile and a laugh. Then her smile faded and she got serious. "Brad's like family and I think you guys could be really good friends if you got to know each other." 

He dropped his head forward and groaned.

"What do you expect me to do with him Ev? It's not like I can take him out for a burger and a pint round the pub like I would with my mates. He doesn't drink alcohol and he only eats health food and he goes to bed early as all hell. I don't even think I've ever heard that bloke say one bloody fucking curse word."

Everly laughed because she knew it was true.

"That man blathers on for hours on end about baseball, something I don't give a flying fuck about. I don't even think that guy knows how to let loose and have fun. Honestly, I think I'd have more fun hanging out with our English Lit professor," he laughed.

Everly busted out laughing.

"You know I'm right," Keaton smiled, poking her in the side with his finger and making her laugh and squirm.

"Oh come on babe," she pouted, running a finger across his firm chest. "If anyone could teach him how to let loose and have fun it would be you Mr. Ashcroft. You did a pretty good job of it with me," she smiled, leaning in and giving him a kiss. "If you try, I promise I'll make it worth your while," she said in a low breathy voice, kissing him again but longer this time.

"Fuck, why do you have to be so damn irresistible? How I could say no to that?" Keaton grumbled, narrowing his eyes at her.

"So you'll do it?" she asked, giving him puppy dog eyes.

Keaton took a deep breath in, rolling his eyes as he exhaled. "Fine. I'll do it," he said reluctantly.

"Yay!" she squealed, jumping into his lap and kissing all over his face like a crazy person. "I love you. I love you. I love you!" she said with a huge grin.