Chapter 24: Luna

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. -- George S. Patton

Short Chapter

After the meeting, Luna leaned on Theo sighing. She looked up at him and smiled, "I'm going to go get some fresh air, okay?"

"Okay. Please just stay aware." Theo said with his mind going back to what Luna had said at the meeting. What else could she know that she still feels the need to hide?

Luna nodded and walked out of the room. Kendall had disappeared a while ago too with Sabrina to talk with his good friend Vlad.

She pushed out through the door out to the outside and took a deep breath. The air hit and soothed all over as Luna continued to walk, approaching the woods nearby.

Fair enough in the sea of trees, Luna breathed in and out again gaining another way of relaxation and cooling. So much has happened so soon, it's all a mess. Leaving everyone stressed to no end.

Too lost in thought, she hadn't noticed she was being followed. But she sensed another strong presence when above her, a branch snapped.

"Hello?" Luna called out.

Just barely, Luna caught a small lilac blurry and pair of eyes peeking.

"Hello." said the voice and the person jumped down from where they sat facing Luna. Luna looked at the person standing before her. The person was a young woman with long lilac hair making the silver diamond-coated veil to shimmer in the light making it look like she was glowing like some god. The woman wore a mask hiding her face, but Luna could tell who she was for Luna knew she could never forget a friend.

"It's been so long Luna. You have grown beautifully."

Luna smiled tearing. "Right back at you. If you're here then..."

"Yes." the woman said. "Lunar was here also. She will be heading back home now. She has completed her mission."

Luna smiled knowing that her only sister who happens to be her twin sister was doing okay. If her parents were still alive, they would be very proud of her. When Luna and Lunar were born into this world it was Lunar who was born a fox-demi god on her mother's side while Luna was born human due to her father being human. Even with human genes being born human from a fox-demi god is rare, however, Luna grew up happy the way she is and even helped out in whatever she could. Lunar was and still is to this day protective of Luna and now even to her friends and mate.

"I assume that you still have much work to go with your mission Dia?"

Dia sighed nodding. "Much is needed to be done. Who knows how long it will be till I am done. But enough about this. How is it being mated to an Alpha?"

Luna blushed to keep her gaze away from Dia knowing from behind her mask she is smirking.

"Things have been going very well. Theo is just misunderstood. It's heartbreaking just how much others judge him without even giving him a slight chance. I know he's done some wrong things, but it's all to protect his pack."

"This world is ugly Luna. Doesn't matter if one is human or supernatural. Everyone is all the same. The same emotions run through everyone. There is just a handful of those who choose to make good use."

"That I know all too well Dia. I told the Alpha king in what's going on. It's up to him and others to believe if I am telling the truth."

"Thank you, Luna. They should know that if things don't change. There will be war."

Luna sighed. "Rather there be no war, but even I can tell changing will be difficult. I know some packs will, however, not all."

Dia turned away looking off into the distance. It was time for her to leave. "I have to go now. We will meet again. Next time Lunar will be with me."

"I see. Take care, Dia. I can't wait for the day you find your mate too." Luna smiled seeing Dia jerk at the mention of her finding a mate. Luna can tell she was a blushing mess. Dia has a pure heart and knows she took looks forward to that day like any other.

"I do too Luna. More than anything."

Luna watched Dia take her to leave, disappearing off into the distance. Giving one last look Luna headed back to where Theo was only to find Theo watching Kendall get choked out by his friend Vlad while Sabrina was recording the whole thing.

"Yeah...My life is just not normal."