Chapter 11: Clover's POV

"To be rejected by someone doesn't mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn't mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only one person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person's opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God."

~Jocelyn Soriano

Seeing Luna run off back home I pushed my hair back into a messy wet bun I open the blue umbrella Luna had given me and heading back to my packhouse. Thinking about it, why am I even going back? It's not like I have any friends to greet me. I guess that's my fault for being who I am. To my alpha and everyone else, I'm just the back slut.

If I could go back in time and stop myself from making the wrong choices then maybe my mate would not have rejected me as he did. Those beautiful dark blue eyes that I saw only held sorrow as he saw me making out with a random pack member who I was aiming to fuck at the time. How could I have done such a thing? Why could I not keep it in my pants and waited for my mate? I guess what they say is true...hanging with the wrong crowd will only lead you to a painful future.

Why...Why could he have not given me a second chance? I know I would have changed for him...

"Nothing we can do now Clover...Our mate has made up his mind."

Hearing Aurora my wolf's voice sound so heartbroken and whimper and thought of our mate rejecting us was hitting her hard. How could do this to her? Aurora had begged me to not sleep with one of the guys in the pack yet I failed to listen to her. How fucked up can I be?

Wanting to clear my head and get out of my wet clothes I open the front door to the packhouse and stepped in. Closing the door behind me I could hear giggling coming from the kitchen. Sounds like Alena and girl other three friends talking about god knows what. I didn't care.

I quietly walked past the kitchen to head upstairs to my room for a nice warm shower, but I was stopped when Bailey called out to me.

"Clover look at you. You look like a sad wet dog."

I put on a fake smile and turned to face Bailey, holding my sudden rage to tackle her down and rip her throat out.

"Annihilating her out of our life would be great," Aurora suggested growling.

"Seriously, is that all you could come with? I see little kids around the packhouse come up with better trash talk than that." It's like this girl is not even trying at all.

"Cute. But seeing as you are you look like you were just walking the walk of shame. What? Did you sleep with a guy and he made you walk back in the rain?"

Wow. It's like talking to a kid. Might as well play along. " Aww. Are you upset that I'm getting some and you're not? Or are you still upset about how I slept with your boyfriend? Wait I'm sorry ex-boyfriend, now right?"

I could see Bailey turn red with rage while I'm just standing here with a bright smile on my face knowing that I won this round. Bailey huffed rolling her eyes stomping back to the other girls. I could tell they started talking about me when I notice Catalina look my way then back at her friends laughing.

Whatever I'm tired. I run up the stairs and into my room to take a long hot shower to wash off the day's struggle. The only good thing that happens today was meeting Luna. Leaning on the shower wall I thought back to what she told me.

"What are friends for? Let's meet up this weekend to go shopping for a new look!"

I smiled at that. "Looks like I made a new friend..."

I stepped out of the shower wrapping my yellow fluffy towel around me. Drying my hair off I hear a knock at the door. Who could that be at this time? It's already close to midnight. Opening my door, I see Liam the Alpha's Beta. He's also one of the guys I mess with from time to time.

"Judging from the smirk on his face I could tell what he's after."

Aurora was right on the mark when Liam closed the door behind him pushing me onto the bed with him on top of me kissing my neck. I cringed at the feeling.

"Mind keeping me company tonight babe?"

Okay. What the hell did I ever see in this man? I mean sure he's good looking and all but his skills suck ass and his naughty talk was not helping. I pushed him off me with a big disgusted look on my face. This guy could never hold a candle to my mate.

"Liam, this is going to stop now. I'm in no mood to be fucked by you or any other guys in this pack. I'm done." Doing this is the only way for me to ever win back my mates love and trust.

"What? Are you going to change just because your mate rejected you?"

Okay, that was the final straw. I grabbed Liam by the arm and dragged him out of my room slamming the door in his face. I had it with him and the girls in this pack! I'm not one to say I'm all good, but still... I do need to change.

"Will you be taking the girl's offer in going shopping with her this weekend?"

"Yeah. Luna seems like a cool girl. A little too trusting, but cool. I felt relaxed with her when we talked."

"I know. You have been smiling for real. It's not fake."

I giggled. Aurora was right. I have been smiling for real. Something about that girl just felt different. I felt like I could trust her with anything. Maybe that's why I opened up to her on what happened with my mate. God, I must have seen so pathetic to her. A pack slut like me being comforted by a stranger.

"Life works in mysterious ways, Clover."

laying down gripping the sheets to my bed closing my eyes holding back the tears that threaten to fall.

"Aurora....I'm so sorry for not listening to you. I should have stopped and not had sex with that guy...I am sorry. I'll understand if you could never forgive me for it."

"Clover I forgive you. Everyone makes mistakes. I can see that you are growing by wanting to change and better yourself. You're owning up to what you have done wrong. As your wolf, I'm proud of you. Now get some sleep we both need it."

I smiled. Thank you...

 Thank you