Chapter 10: A New Friend?

"Be an encourage. The world has plenty of critics already" By Dave Willis

"Always help someone. You might be the only one that dose." By Anonymous

Luna's P.O.V.

Here I am laying down on my queen size bed listening to the pouring rain. The dull color of gray that's covering the sky turns the scenery of my room gray also. This made me feel calm and relaxed since tomorrow I'll be going to this book club that Sabrina invited me to. It is nice to finally meet new friends. Not that I'm saying I don't have any but......Most of them are around the world living their own life. It can be a bit lonely since I don't hear from them often as I would like. I guess you could say that the outside of the rain and grayness is a locked away emotion in my heart. I mask my emotion with a smile on my face throughout the days that go by. Many times, I would be asked if I'm okay and I'll say "I'm fine." They would take my answer and leave it as it is. But am I really fine? I wish just once that someone would look me in the eyes and ask me if I'm really fine.

Getting up from my bed I head on downstairs putting my shoes and jacket on. "A walk in the rain should do be some good than staying in bed all day." I grabbed my keys and dark blue umbrella heading out.

I breathe in the smell that rainy days make. For some reason, it always brings back this nostalgic feeling. I just want to embrace this feeling for as long as I can. Gosh, I can be strange at times.

I soon make my way to my favorite park that has the best view of its landscape. This is where I placed my time capsule when I was in high school. Just 2 more years till I get to dig it up. I forgot what I had put in the capsule after so many years that passed. I hope it wasn't something stupid.

Feeling the wind start to pick up I decided that it was time for me to head on back home. As I was about to leave, I see from the corner of my eye a figure leaning against the big oak tree. Wanting to know what it was I started walking towards it. The more I got closer I could see that it was a girl. What in the world is she doing out here in the rain? More importantly, what is she wearing? This girl has nothing but really short dark fray booty shorts and a tight white shirt that made her breast pop out in a dangerous way.

"Hey there. Are you okay?" I needed to make sure that she was okay first. I notice her look up to me. Wow. She looked really beautiful. Her hair looked like brown that reaches up to her waist and her eyes were a deep shade of green.

"Go away. Can't you see I want to be alone." She told me in a snappy manner. Whoa, she's going to be a stubborn one.

"Not really. Now, why not tell me what's wrong. I can see that something is bothering you." Just looking at her I could tell someone hurt her. She makes it too easy.

"Why would you care? You're just a stranger."

I smile softly setting my umbrella down not caring if I get wet. I take a seat next to her just to give her the comfort she needs even if she doesn't say.

"I find it better to talk to someone you don't know about problems. It makes it easy don't you say?"

About 10 mins passed till she finally spoke up. It's always best to be patient so that a person can trust you.

"I....got rejected by this guy I like...." She said.

So that's what's bothering her huh.

"Why did he reject you? Did you do something wrong?" I asked.

"In a way... Yes. You could say I'm known as a slut. I sleep with a lot of guys. He told me straight up to my face that he hates girls like me and left."

Ouch. That's a bit cruel for him to say that.

"Did you ask him to give you a chance to change?"

She nodded. "I did. However, he said no. Seeing him walk away broke my heart completely. All I wanted was a second chance to change and I couldn't get it...."

At this point, she started to cry. How could he not give her the second chance that she needed? I pulled her into a warm hug while she cried on my chest.

"He's a fool not giving you that chance. But are you willing to just give up?"

The girl looked up to me whipping her tears away.

"No. I'm going to keep trying."

I smiled. "Now that's what I like to hear from you. After all, you're a very beautiful girl with a strong will and kind heart. And as of today, I will help you."

"Why? Why would you help someone you don't even know."

"It's always best to give a helping hand to someone who very much needs it," I told her getting up as I stand in front of her holding out my hand to her. "Also, because I want to become your friend."

It looked like my words have given effect since she finally gave out a small but cute smile that fit her well. She reached out for my hand slowly helping herself up.

"You're the first person to ever listen to me and show me this much kindness in just one day. Thank you."

"Hey, what are friends for?" I said. "Let's meet up this weekend to go shopping for a whole new look." I gave her my number and my umbrella.

"Why are you giving me your umbrella? Don't you need it?"

"You require it more than me. Keep it. I'll be going now see you!" I said running off back home. It was still raining. Though running in the rain is so much fun!

"Wait! What's your name!" She shouted.

I turn around and shout back. "Luna SilverHeart! What's yours!?"

"Clover Reed!" Clover shouted with a very warm smile.

Clover? What a fitting name for her. Looks like I made a new friend!