Chapter 8

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 8
|...Guns?|

Leanna Russel

Friday has finally come after a long week and it is strange how this week has been so long yet so short at the same time. But now that I wait for my session with Silas which will take place in only two minutes and as on time the door opens and the guards enter with him. There are always at least more than six guards when he comes, yesterday there were ten and now there are seven yet there are never less than six. None speak a word as they chain him to the chair and then they leave.

I smile as I sit down on my brown leather chair but he is grumpy, yet again. "So, I was thinking that we would play the guessing game again" I suggest to him since he doesn't really want to talk about something else and this is helping him open up to me. Knowing what animals one chooses says a lot about the personality, they always go to the animal that relate to them yet in some cases they pick a random one but mostly all the time things that they are familiar and comfortable with.

"And this time you will start guessing" I say as his kohl black eyes stare at me with emotions that I'm not sure what are or what he is thinking. "All right you can start guessing now" I tell him and he lets out annoyed sigh. I've already thought about the animal that I want, it took a long time to think of this one. "Is your animal a unicorn?" He asks me with a bored expression. I let out a giggle as I shake my head. "No" I answer with a smile on my face to show my happiness.

That makes him chuckle and raise his thick eyebrow at me. "Is your animal a pink unicorn?" He asks and my mouth drops open. "Y-yes. H-how did you do that? Are you a mind reader?" I ask him. Once again he chuckles and smirks at me. "The magician never reveals his secrets" He says to me with that smirk on his face that makes me want to kiss him... no, no I don't want that. What is the matter with me? I should never think that, I am engaged and I love Adam more than anything, he's the only one that I want to kiss.

"While that may be true, I highly doubt you're a magician" I tell him and his face almost drops when I say that. I adjust myself in the chair and cross one my leg over the other one. "What makes you say that?" He asks and as soon as he has said that I write down that he might be a magician but I do put a question mark behind the word. When thinking about it there are a lot of question marks in his file as I'm not sure about anything when it comes to this man.

"Moving on, you can choose an animal now" I tell him and he looks at me as he smirks. His look tells me that he has already found an animal and I can begin to guess. "Is your animal a mammal?" I ask him but he says no right away but then he says yes. I give him a puzzled look. An animal that is both mammal and not at the same time, that is pretty confusing to me. "Some types of it are mammals while others are not" He speaks and that doesn't make things clearer for me. So then I just start guessing.

It took me about a half an hour but I was able to guess the animal correctly and it was a bat. That too forever for me to guess yet our session is about little over half done and we have like twenty-five minutes left. "Is there anything you wish to talk about, I'm going to remind you again that this is a safe zone, you can talk freely and openly without being judged at all" I tell him with a soft smile on my face and a bit of embarrassment after it took so long for me to guess something so simple.

"I do have one thing I want to ask you" He says and my face light up. This is good, he's opening up to me. "What kind of guns do the guards use?" He asks me and I furrow my eyebrows. That is something rather odd to ask. I shake my head. "I really have no clue, I don't know anything about guns or weapons at all" I tell him honestly. Silas is a rather confusing man to me and everything that he does does puzzle me but I do get the feeling that there is always something behind the things that he says.