Last 'NAEKKOYA' ~

Damn here we go again with the last part 😔

Another season of "Produce" has finished but yet again Mnet never improves can y'all believe it?? (Yes I am being sarcastic 🙃)

Anyways- story time! So at first, I wasn't really as interested in this season as I did in the previous ones to be honest. I was even about to discontinue this book partly because uni is getting busier thus I may not have a lot of spare time to update this and partly because I'm also slightly losing interest on survival shows by Mnet especially since most of them are rigged (this may not always be a popular opinion but in the back of our heads I know we all agree with this).

Despite that I still gave this show a chance and watched the first episode and I gotta say I was totally impressed. In my opinion, this show had the best Class Evaluation performances since season 1 - and this is coming from someone who has been religiously watching this series since the beginning. And because of that, I kept watching.

One thing I really like about this show are the performances. From the group battle to the position evaluation to concept evaluation and even up until the finale, the girls really never failed to give us quality performances (I could name all my favourite performances from this show but there's just too many to list 😅).

I would also say that this season had a lot of really talented trainees that's why I thought the competition this time was a lot tougher. Most of the Korean trainees were undoubtedly really skilled (to think they were also mostly really really young) and we can see that even at the beginning with the class evaluation. There were really a lot of really good dancers and talented vocalists this season and it was nice seeing most of them even improved with the help of the trainers over the course of this show.

As for the Japanese trainees, being already quite experienced on this industry (as having debuted in Japan before), they showed us the importance of having fun on stage - if you guys rewatch their individual cams (particularly the 'Naekkoya' ones) you can see how much they're just enjoying themselves on stage and smiling and having fun (I'm putting Jurina's below cos hers was one of my favourites and I miss her so much!!) It was also really nice to see the HUGE improvement on their dancing and even their Korean! I really salute these girls for the effort they put to perfect their pronounciations every evaluation along with practicing the hard dance routines they weren't even used to doing before. Plus the fact that they never even had a proper training as an idol initially and yet here they are practicing non-stop and improving every episode is I think really worth an applause.

Overall I think seeing how each trainee improved over the last few months was really satisfying to watch and worth the two hours of my Fridays. Although I know that the rankings have been really frustrating to see at every episode, just think that there will be better opportunities for them after this. See what happened to the trainees from the past two seasons? So many of them have already either debuted as an idol or pursued other things they also wanted to do. Let's just hope that the rest of the girls this season will be able to have their own opportunities as well and I'm pretty sure they still have a very long future ahead of them considering most of them are still pretty young too.

As for the 12 girls of IZ*ONE, not all of us may like this lineup now but trust me, you'll get used to it eventually and fall in love with them too. I know how sad it feels when some of your faves didn't make it (trust me, I know this exact feeling cos literally NONE of my top biases made it too 😭), but at least give the 12 that made it a chance. They all have their own unique charms and everyone equally worked hard for this so let's just be happy for them and wish them luck for their debut.

As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sticking by me and this book. I know for a lot of times my updates may be lacking or has a lot of typos but still thank you for reading them 😅 I'm really just a sleep-deprived human being trying to get by and just wanted to post updates after every episode as quickly as I could so sometimes little things just slip out of my attention and make errors unintentionally, but thank you to those who kindly point it out so I can edit it them (tbh I won't even notice there was something wrong until someone points out so thanks a lot for that!)

Also, shout out to those who has been here since season 1 - you guys are the real MVPs for sticking by no matter how much we hate Mnet and their tricks 😂😂 I guess even after all that we just can't help ourselves but keep watching these kinds of shows 😅

I wrote too much already so I might just end it here. Hope to see you guys again in the next Produce season (if there still will be) or the next survival show to ever come!! 😊

~ MiyHanStal ♡ | R431.15V9.6C1

Produce 48: Profiles [P101 S3]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें