Chapter Twelve

I let out a cry of rage as they held me back. Maricella had disappeared into the trees, the image of her tear filled, scared, grey eyes as she reached for me was seared onto the inside of my mind. I couldn't let her go, not again. There were growls as I shoved forwards again. Numerous hands held me back and three or four people pushed me backwards. I could hear their grunts of exertion and my wolf howled for release. I needed to have her back in my arms. I needed her more than I needed air, more than I needed anything in my life and if they insisted upon holding me back I couldn't be held accountable for the deaths there would be.

"Fucking chill! Do you understand what just happened? This pack is falling apart! Its best they are gone." Lucas grunted and I ripped free from the hands holding my arm and I used all my weight behind the punch that slammed into him. He let out a surprised yelp and I snarled, feeling the shift want to push up on me. I could feel my jaw shifting, the joints aching and popping and several people shouted, trying to force me to the ground.

"Where the fuck is Alpha Lawrence?" Someone grunted it out as I yanked against their grip. They managed to get me to my knees and I tried to rip my arms free, my eyes focused on where Maricella had been carried. I would not let her disappear again. I would rather go rogue and have a bounty on my head than never see her again. Her uncle had been furious and the thought of how roughly had had treated her made my wolf snarl with anger. She had been shaking, her eyes on the gory scene in front of her and he hadn't told her it was okay. He hadn't done anything to help her through the trauma of walking in on that.

I felt my arm bones shift under my skin and there was more shouting before I managed to force myself back to my feet. I was breathing heavily through my elongated mouth, a growl rumbled through my chest menacingly as I swung my arm out, hitting one of the pack members. My arm was grabbed by several hands and I swung with my other one but it had already been restrained. I let out a deafening growl. She had been gone for nearly ten minutes. The longer they held me the further away she got.

"Bennett, that is enough." Alpha Lawrence's command made it through the red haze in my vision but my wolf was able to shake it off. "I said enough." The command was intense and I immediately stood still. My face shifting back to normal as my wolf submitted under his command. I was breathing heavily and I could still feel hands on me as they pulled me backwards. "Get over here." His voice was sharp and I turned. My burning gaze on him as I walked towards the porch. His face was stony and I refused to lower my gaze from his and as soon as I was by his side he yanked on my wrist holding it tightly.

"Of all the stupid, heartless, and pointless things." His voice was icy as he spat it out. "He can take the Omega, she's better off there. He can take my mate. She made it clear she wants nothing to do with me." His voice was chilling as he tied something around my wrist. I broke our gaze to look down. A red ribbon was now tied around my wrist. A hand grabbed the back of my neck in a tight grip before he yanked me down slightly, his mouth by my ear. "But I will not allow my daughter to be without you. I cannot bear her to feel the pain I do now. Go." The words were a cold whisper as he tugged on the ribbon once more. I looked at it before looking up at my Alpha. His brown eyes were hard but they held a pain and I reached out and grabbed his shoulder tightly, squeezing it slightly in acknowledgement.

"What is his crime?" Someone called it out from the crowd. Most of the pack members were in front of the steps, much like how it had been for Maricella's banishment.

"For the crime of claiming my daughter as his own, for choosing her over his duties, Bennett Aldridge is hereby banished from our pack and our lands." Alpha Lawrence's voice was icy as he addressed the crowd, I could hear Celine's sobs as she grasped at her dead mate. Silence fell as I made my way down the stairs. No one parted for me to pass through and I pushed forward regardless.