Chapter Ten: Part Two

"That was found on the porch. It has my name on it, Andrew." His voice shook slightly as he stared at the ribbon.

Alpha Lawrence let out a thundering growl at his blatant disrespect. The sound vibrated the air and made the Beta cower. "That is Alpha Lawrence to you!" His anger was tangible and Beta John once again pointed to the ribbon. Black for death. I wanted to smirk. Someone had finally had enough of Beta John, it was a pleasant thought. It made my day look up for a brief moment.

"There are more important things than that. Someone wants to kill me. That is a black ribbon with my name on it!" His voice held a higher pitch of fear and I watched as he started pacing. He looked scared as he ran his hands through his hair repeatedly. His eyes darted back and forth and I wanted to laugh.

"So?" Alpha Lawrence shrugged before he used a pen and flicked the black ribbon off of his schedule book. I wanted to laugh at the action as Beta John's eyes looked like they were trying to escape his head.

"So, what? Someone is threatening me. What are you going to do about it?" He stopped pacing and threw out his hands.

I turned my gaze to my Alpha. He was looking at Beta John, his entire demeanour was calm as he watched his Beta make a spectacle of himself. "Nothing." His mouth twitched slightly and I fought hard to keep the smile off of my own face. Beta John was receiving his comeuppance for his sins. He had a juvenile female abused to get back at Alpha Lawrence for his wounded pride. This punishment was long overdue.

"Nothing. You aren't going to do anything?" He sounded incredulous and Alpha Lawrence shook his head, turning the page of his book, tapping it with his pen. He scanned the paper, his gaze on it and not on his Beta. I watched him carefully, as I had said before, I did not presume to know what my Alpha was thinking but I knew he enjoyed this.

"Nope." He let out a sigh and scratched something out on the book before writing something down.

I turned my gaze and watched as Beta John's face went red. "Why?" He spat the word out and I flicked my gaze to Alpha Lawrence who set his pen down carefully and linked his fingers together before looking at Beta John with a rather cold expression.

"I receive death threats all the time, Beta. Only, I know who my enemies are and who my allies could be. I suggest you figure out which is which and prepare for who might be coming. If you are truly scared, stay inside for a few days." He waved his hand flippantly and I smirked at the gesture, knowing it would only anger the Beta. Stay inside. It was an insult to the man standing in front of him because only the untrained and weak stayed inside of the house when there was a threat.

"That is all you are going to say? Stay inside for a few days?" Beat John's voice screeched slightly. For a male who was supposed to be a great warrior it was damn near comical.

I lifted a hand and covered my mouth slightly, trying my hardest to hide my amusement. "It is just a ribbon, Beta John. There is nothing about a ribbon to be scared of." I looked at him and his gaze snapped to me.

His eyes narrowed in anger as he saw the smile I was trying so desperately to hide. "Watch your mouth-"

"Shut up, Beta. If you are that scared, hangout with the pups for the day or better yet, go to the basement and stay there. No one goes there." There was a strange iciness to Alpha Lawrence's tone that made me want to shiver.

I watched as Beta John flinched under it but he held himself tall and swallowed. "I need you to-"

"I do not answer to you, Beta. This threat means nothing. It is a ribbon. Just a fucking ribbon." Alpha Lawrence picked it up and froze slightly as he looked at the writing. I watched as a rather small, malicious smile crossed his face. "Oh, you have pissed off the wrong person, John Simmons. Pray that you have everything right with your god of choice because I cannot, nor will I, save you from who is coming." He locked gaze with the now pale faced Beta and I watched the interaction with interest.