~Chapter twenty-eight~

Rylan was with Brody and Adeline's dad watching the end of the football when he got a call from one of the guards.

"Rylan." The guard said immediately.

"What's up?" He asked not moving to form his seat near the bar.

"I hate to alarm you, but we've spotted a selection of people who seem to have taken an interest in the girls... Might not be anything to worry about but they look quite dodgy."

"Where are they? Are you watching?" He asked quickly, Brody turned his head looking worried.

"Yeah. I've just gone around the corner but there are 12 guards around the girls, there are 2 women and 3 men... it seems like they're trying to watch the girls and they've kind of joined the circle we've made around them."

"Don't let them get too close, I'll ring Addie and tell her not to say anything private, I'll come now, whereabouts, are you?"

" I'm sure you'll be able to follow Adeline's scent, but I'll send you the address... Call me if you can't, but you'll spot the guards, I've called the other guards to come and help out."

"Do you think they know you're protecting them?" He asked.

"I'm not sure."

"Ring me if anything serious happens."

"Will do, sir." He replied before hanging up.

"Stay here, they've got people following, the guards are pretty sure it's not a coincidence," Rylan said quietly.

"Should I come?" Brody asked.

"No. I'll ring you if you need to come, I don't want to make a big deal out of the situation." He said. "Act cool."

He walked away and got out his phone again, ringing Adeline.

It rang a few times.

"Hey." He said trying to act casual.

"Hellooo..." She said cheerfully.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Okay, I don't want you to panic... Or say anything out loud okay? Just reply as if we're having a normal conversation and carry on with what you were doing."

"Yeah of course." She said following his instructions. Her heart rate increased. "How's the football?"

"Okay, so. The guards have spotted a few people that they think aren't just random people... They've joined the little circle of guards around you. Don't look, and act normal baby... I don't want you to panic or for them to realize you know they're there. The guards have got this under control."

"Good. I'm glad you're having a nice time." She played along.

"I'm heading round to the shop now, but I don't want you to say anything private or anything informative out loud, and don't panic the others... Stay with them..."

"Okay."

"I'll see you in a minute."

He hung up and within minutes he was in the store, he let Odion follow her scent and he found them straight away. he spotted the guards around them, and a few of the suspects who were clearly out of place.

"Hey, baby." He kissed her head and greeted his mum and her family along with Ava.

"How was the football, sweetheart?" His mum asked.

"Good, yeah. I just got bored... How's the shopping?" He asked, Adeline was putting on a brave face but he could feel her heartbeat which was sped up as he held her at his side.