~Chapter twenty~

"The next full blood moon is in less than a week... It's Tuesday now, and it is on Monday..." Brody told him quietly, the were sitting on the bedroom floor calculating when the ceremony could be held.

"I don't know if that's too soon for her," Rylan admitting looking up at the bed, Adeline was still sleeping bundled in the duvets. "I really don't want to rush this."

"Well the next one after that's strong enough to work is in 4 months," Brody told him, turning over pages. "I'm not sure you two love birds will wait for four months the way your fathers being."

"Maybe it will have to do." He sighed, writing down some notes. His glasses placed firmly on the bridge of his nose. He concentrated hard.

"Can you be quiet?" Adeline spoke up from under her cocoon of blankets and duvet. She stretched out, pulling another blanket over her.

"Did you hear all of that?" Brody checked, smiling.

"Yes." She mumbled sleepily. "You men really aren't good at whispering."

"What do you think?" Rylan asked. He sighed heavily, the stresses getting on top of him. He was also having more sexual urges this morning, it was distracting him.

"We don't want to wait for 4 months." She told him. "We just have a lot of work to do in a week."

"Like what?" Brody asked, confused. "It's not that much work. I can help, I'm sure Taylor and Ryan will be the first to offer too."

"We have to transfer all of my father's documents onto our system, organized them, and change whatever we need to. It's not going to be easy to sort out his mess of a system." Rylan explained, he sighed again, stretching on the floor and getting up. "Can we finish this later?"

"Oh." He said nodding. "Sure." He picked up his stuff and headed to his room, leaving them be.

Rylan climbed across the bed and pulled back the duvet, finding Adeline all snuggled in her blanket underneath. He had noticed she found comfort in being snuggled.

"Hi, beautiful." He said kissing her nose.

She smiled.

"Good morning."

"More like a good afternoon." He said looking at the bedside clock. It was nearly midday.

"I was so tired, I'm sorry." She said not opening her eyes yet.

"That's okay, we've gotten lots done. I have a surprise." He told her and she peeped her eyes open.

"What?" She asked.

"A surprise... Can you be ready in an hour? Well. 50 minutes."

"Sure."

"Okay, I'll meet you downstairs." He told her to get up from the bed, grabbing his glasses and walking out of their room. He had to adjust himself again, goddamn women.

She got up almost straight away, sorted her hair, and got dressed, getting downstairs just in time.

"Mmhh..." Rylan hummed as she got down the stairs, looking her up and down. "Cute." He was biting on the end of a pencil, looking at the notes he'd made this morning.

"Good morning sweetie." Susan gave her a hug.

"Good morning." She savoured the hug. "Are my parents out?"

"They just popped out for a walk, I'm taking them out to lunch today, and then dinner is here please, the two of you. Come and spend the night with your siblings Rylan." She demanded giving him approving eyes.