Chapter 57- Forever, So They Hoped

^^Literally obsessed with this song. Help me O.O^^

"Together forever,
never apart,
maybe in distance,
but never in heart."

Chapter 57

River's POV

"-Stress?"

Hushed whispers sang within my haze-filled mind as I bordered between drifting and alertness. My eyes remained shut, body still as I listened in on the conversation around me.

"He is only seventeen," a voice rose.

"Will he get any better?" Another asked, a voice so smooth yet anxiety-ridden nonetheless. The speaker's voice was closer than the other's, a mere few centimeters from me. A pair of fingers brushed through my hair. The movements were careful, as if afraid of breaking me.

"If you can keep his stress level down it would definitely help with his recovery. Maybe try to keep him away from the courtroom for a while. Keep him...here. In this room under gentle care and we will see how that goes." The first voice spoke, his voice getting closer than previously.

A light creek hummed beside me as an additional weight sat beside me. The bed bent downwards and the fingers in my hair shifted, traveling down to my face to where they began drawing feathery circles against my one exposed cheek as the other laid face-deep in a pillow.

Unconsciously my face moved forward, nuzzling into the gentle hand. My head brushed lightly against a chest and the fingers against my face stilled.

"We will speak again later," the first voice suddenly grew far again. The voice was beginning to grow more apparent with my clearing mind, becoming more and more familiar with each vowel's utterance.

"Let me know immediately if you discover anything else," said the voice beside me. A smile bloomed on my face as recognition hit me with my clearing mind. Such a voice, I could never mistake as anyone else's. One that was both deep and soothing simultaneously.

Alastair.

It seemed as if with my clearing mind so did the room as the sound of footsteps filled the room, filing of feet as the sound of a turning knob squeaked through the room.

It was then, as the door whined that my eyes unsealed themselves and in the moment of blinding light that I saw a head of golden curls disappear out the door.

Michael?

"Good morning," Alastair's lips brushed against my ear, interrupting my moment of brief confusion.

"Good morning," I turned to whisper against his lips, lightly brushing them like a butterfly wing against a soft flower bud. And like that, the bud slowly opened, engulfing me in its sweet warmth.

His fingers combed through my hair, lifting me to deepen our kiss. A light moan escaped my throat as his desire consumed me.

"What a beautiful sound," Alastair growled against my lips as his fingers shifted from a gentle combing to a passionate raking.

A tingle ran down my spine, resting just above my hardening member. I attempted to lift my legs, to wrap around his waist only to find myself frozen. It was a strange feeling, I could feel the muscles contracting in my thighs. Yet, they refused to move.

"A-Alastair," I breathed as his teeth locked around my lobe and nibbled lightly.

He hummed a response as his lips descended down my neck.

My fingers entwined with the baby hair by the tip of his neck, "Alastair," I tried again.

"Yes?" His lips rested on my shoulder.