Chapter 10- Heat Camp

^^Heat Camp^^
This chapter is going to be in Alastair's point of view- just so you guys don't get confused.
Enjoy!! <3

"If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?"

                                                                 Stephen Wright

Chapter 10

Alastair's POV

Previously as River slept~

I watched as my love slept peacefully in my arms.

He was the most beautiful person I'd ever laid eyes on. His skin was as fragile and smooth as porcelain, his hair a pale, golden canopy covering his big, innocent blues. From the moment my eyes met his he's had me both dumbfounded and deeply in love.

It was quite comical how I met him only days ago, yet, already, he had me wrapped around his fragile, little finger. I remembered the first time I had laid my eyes on his perfection. I couldn't believe how perfect and beautiful he was. He was like a dream; one I hoped would never end. Though amidst all my ogling I realized that on top of his porcelain skin laid a layer of dirt and bruises prominently distinguishable against his pale color.

It was almost as if my body had been torched as my blood boiled.

Someone had laid their hands on my mate.

Morbid images of revenge flashed before my eyes, as I scooped my mate protectively into my arms and laid eyes on the guilty man beside him.

I had promised that he would pay, with his own flesh and blood.

And that, he did.

I brushed my finger softly against his flushed cheek as he slept, cradled safely in my arms.

This is where he should lay forever, safely tucked in my arms, away from all the evil and darkness of this world. He should only have to see the most beautiful parts of the world. I will never allow any harm to ever be cast against him again. He was my most treasured person and treasure him, I shall.

I took my pocket watch out from beneath my evening garments.

7:23 am

It was late. The carriage men were most probably waiting for me. It was not kind of me to allow them to wait to idly by for me, no matter my position.

I gently laid River against the new, silk pillows I had recently got him after seeing him eye them in Michael and Keith's quarters. His eyes seemed so full of curiosity as he rubbed his hand softly against them when he thought no one was looking. I knew he wouldn't ask for them, as he was one to remain silent rather than voice his own desires. So, when he wasn't aware, I had gone and requested one to be delivered immediately, and sure enough, the following day there were four lying on my bed, waiting for me.

I would get him anything his heart desired. Even the whole world if he so  demanded.

I pulled the fur blanket up to his chin before leaving a small kiss on his forehead. He let out a small whimper as he turned away from me, causing me to freeze in fear of having awakened him, but he just made small mumbling sounds before becoming silent again.

I let out a sigh of relief, as I quickly hurried to my closet to change out of my evening wear before rushing out of my chamber; only to rush back and kiss River repeatedly on the forehead before rushing out once again.