Chapter 55- The Day After

^^This song goes so well with the vibe of this chapter^^

"There are very few things that I crave more than reaching for you as you sleep."

~Jessica Michelle

Chapter 55

River's POV

My fingers moved against the sheets, soft silk against heated pads as my eyes slowly opened. A blurry face came into view. I squinted, blinking twice as my vision slowly cleared, revealing the face of my sleeping mate. A small smiled pulled to my lips.

My fingers lifted from the sheets, brushing his hair lightly behind his ear as his soft breathing swept lightly against my nose. Our faces were barely centimeters from each other. I was almost tempted press forward, to lightly brush my lips against. To feel that soothing warmth against mine again.

Heat rose to my cheeks, crawling up my ears as memories of last night replayed through my mind. His tender loving was still visible against my pale skin, light pink kiss marks ran up my arms and chest as small remembrances of our love making. My eyes pulled from my skin back to his face to where a light smile pulled on the corners of his lips.

What are you so happy about?

A light laugh escaped my mouth as I leaned forward to kiss him on the nose. The slight movement pulled a pained whimper from my throat as I became suddenly aware of a stinging soreness coming from down below.

I reached behind me, ruffling the sheets together as I slowly slipped them beneath me, hoping to relieve the pain but it did nothing but cause additional pressure. I hissed, momentarily frozen, hoping that if perhaps I took the form of a statute it would stop the pulsing. I held my breath, nails digging into the sheets as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"What are doing?"

I gasped, jumping slightly. An act that worsened the pain by a tenfold.

Nothing but curses and foul language filled my thoughts as tears built in the corners of my eyes.

The light brush of a finger against my cheek pulled me from my curse-filled thoughts. My eyes opened slowly as my mate's face glowed beneath the sunlight streaming through the open curtains, a visible frown forming on his handsome face.

"What's wrong?" His voice was so soft, so gentle as his lips lightly brushed against my cheek.

"H-hurts," I struggled through shallow breaths.

"Where?" He peeked beneath the sheets briefly, eyes searching my body. "Goddess, I knew I was holding you too tightly," he cursed.

I shook my head, the movement pulling another hiss from me. "I-inside."

His brows pulled, quizzified by my response only to gasp moments later.

"Inside?" He repeated, peering downwards as if he could possibly see the pain for himself.

I nodded, pointing downwards.

His eyes widened briefly before he stood from the bed, lifting the sheets around me to carefully pull me into his arms. His movements were slow, clearly afraid of hurting me as he gently cradled me to his chest.

"Michael warned me about this," my eyes widened.

He had spoken to Michael about this.

Suddenly I felt my ears grow hot.

"He told me the best way to help with the soreness is to soak in warm water," he peered down at me just as my cheeks began turning an unsightly shade of red.