Chapter 9 - Stay

Jean Verodine

I opened my eyes slowly, the sunlight hit straight into my eyes. I looked down to see a blanket wrap around my body. Suddenly I remembered what happened last night.

I closed my eyes hoping that it was only a dream. Oh boy! I slept with Blake. I can't believe I gave my precious jewel to the guy that I met a week ago. This is insane and crazy. I don't know what happened to me but I gave it all to him without thinking twice.

Blake's arms were wrapped around my waist and now how am I going to get out? I slowly start taking his arm away and- "Where do you think you're going sweetheart?" I froze as he pulled me back to his embrace.

"Blake, let me go." I said but he ignored me. He kissed my back slowly and I turned my body to him. His green eyes looked straight to mine.

"Morning baby." He said as he pulled me closer to him.

"Hey." I said caressing his cheek.

"You're so beautiful."

"Stop saying that!"

"That's the truth honey." He smiled.

"Blake."

"Yes?"

"About the agreement." I said carefully.

"What about it?" He raised his eyebrows.

"When are we going to marry?" He chuckled suddenly hearing me asking that.

"Are you that eager to have me?" He smirked and I glared at him, I don't like it when he's acting like an arrogant bastard. I turned away and got out from the bed.

"Baby.. I'm kidding.." He said loudly and I ignored him. I looked at the clock and it's already 9 a.m. Suddenly my phone rings, it's Claire. I have work and I almost forgot about that.

"Yes?"

"Jean, where are you? We have a fitting to do!" I put away the phone from my ear because she legit shouted at me.

"I'll be there!" I hung up fast and quickly ran to my room and jump to the shower.

I walked out from the shower and quickly take my black crop top and white shorts. I picked my white Adidas and I was ready to go. Where is my clutch? Thank God that I have all my things here, thanks to Lexy for being my hero.

Putting my phone, wallet and lipstick in my clutch and suddenly Blake back hugged me.

"Work?" He asked it to my ears. I felt chills on my skin when he whispered.

"Yeah." I turned to him and smiled.

"Bye." I let him go and walked to out from my room.

"No goodbye kisses?" He shouted from the room.

"No!" I ran downstairs and quickly got inside my car. I quickly turned my GPS on and typed my destination. I still can't believe what I did last night. Oh Jean.. what's wrong with you?

I told Blake last night and he stopped, but I told him to continue so it's not his fault. Oh gosh. What have I done? Suddenly someone knocked my window, it's Nicole. I quickly get out from my car and locked it.

"What took you so long? It's your turn, Jean." She said and my eyes widen. I ran into the building and quickly entered the fitting room.

"Jean! Darling!" Wendy said with a sweet tone "WHY ARE YOU LATE?" She shouted at me. I closed my eyes and then take a deep breath.

"Sorry Wendy, please spare me." I hugged her and gave her my puppy eyes.

"Argh, good thing that I like you so you won't be in trouble." She said but still glaring at me and I smiled widely at her.

"You're the best, Wendy!"

Blake Coster

"This is why I told you to copy!" I shouted at my employee.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Coster." He looked down at the ground, I ruffled my hair frustrated. I just lost a big project that would have made a lot of money because my damn employee lost the real copy file that had to be submitted yesterday.

"Damn it!" I hissed.

"Once again, I'm sorry." He apologized again.

"You're fired!" I said coldly to him and he looked at me shocked. I mean.. he should know that I'm going to fire him.

"Get out of my face!" I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Suddenly my phone rang, making my eyes open immediately.

"What is it Max?" I answered with a pissed tone.

"What's with the tone, Blake? You have to be nice to the person who is willing to help you."

"What?"

"I know you just lost that deal, so have I Blake. Let's get that deal by facing the dude itself." He said.

"Are you serious?"

"I never joke about work, Blake. Let's fly to France tonight with my private jet. Are you in or not?" He asked.

"I'm in." I answered it without thinking, Max hung up. I sighed and realized my mistake. How about Jean? Is she okay if she's alone at home? I dialed her number and try to call her

No answer. She must be working right now.

Should I leave her or not? That's not the right question. Am I ready to leave her alone or not? Argh!

Blake, she's nothing but a fling. Leave her!

I decided to ignore it. I drove home to take a couple of clothes for me to go to France. I'll just text Jean later, she'll be okay. After packing, Max texted me where the plane was and the time to get on it.

"Romina!" I called my maid.

"Yes, Mr. Coster?" She ran from the kitchen.

"I'll be going to France for a couple of days, please take care of Jean. Tell me if something happens to her!" I said and she nodded. I walked out from my house and let my chauffer drives me to the airport.

"Blake." Max greeted me as I entered his private jet.

"Max." I smiled.

"I'm ready to kick some butt." He said chuckling as he sat down. I sat in front of him nodding as I looked around his jet.

"Nice jet."

"Thanks. Oh! I heard you date a Victoria Secret model huh?" He said as he put his seatbelt.

"I heard you still hitting on Rose?" I asked back and he looked at me bored.

"Well Rose and I are just friends." Max shrugged but we all know that they're more than just friends.

"I'm dating Jean Verodine, fake dating actually. I need my inheritance to fall on my hands not my father's." I said as I took a glass of champagne that his airstewardess offered.

"So Aaron has to marry someone too?" Max's face lit up and I raised my eyebrows.

"No. Since his dad is a good man."

"Dude, remember one thing. We don't need commitment! Girls are too clingy if we step up to the next level.. they will demand lots of things. They want us to be with them all the time and then we have to buy them things like luxury bags.. maybe one day they will get pregnant to drag us to church." Max said.

"I hate love, Max. I told you all about it before.." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"Good. You won't fall for that girl right?" Max asked as he smirked.

"Of course not, why?"

"Good thing you're not in the 7 Gold Lifes, dude, you're free from punishments." He sighed.

"Did you regret it?" I chuckled.

"No."

"7 idiots met each other at school." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Asshole." He hissed and the plane took off from the airport. France.. here we come.