Chapter 8 - The Samuel's

Jean Verodine

Blake and I were standing outside the balcony, he dragged me here. The night breeze was creeping up my skin but it's quite nice. The sky looked beautiful and the view from up here was spectacular.

"Why did you change your name? Now you're Blake Coster when you're clearly a Samuel." I asked him as I hugged myself trying to keep myself warm.

"It's a long story."

"I know I'm just a stranger but maybe if one day you need a friend, I'm here." I said and he suddenly turned his head. His beautiful green eyes were looking at me deep into my eyes.

He walked to me closing the gap between us. He caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. We both looked at each other for a while and then he started to lean closer. I know where this is leading to but I chose to stay instead of pushing him away.

He kissed me slowly and this kiss is sweeter than before. He pulled me closer by my waist until there is no gap between us. I put my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. His hands were securing me tightly on my waist.

He pulled back and looked me in the eye, he kissed my nose. He looked at the view and released me from his grip. He let out a deep sigh and looked up to the sky.

"My name is Blake Coster Samuel, well basically I'm Blake Samuel. My dad is the third son of Dean Samuel, my grandfather. Since I was little, my dad always drank alcohol every day and he didn't care about me and my mom." He sighed, I slowly held his hand and intertwined mine with his. I can't see that he's not the best when it comes to talking about the past. His body was a little tense.

"One day he got so drunk, he got home with his mistress in front of my mom's eyes. My mom was so heartbroken, but she still loved my dad like crazy. She forgave him so easily but my dad kept doing the same mistakes." He let out a dry chuckle.

"One day my mom exploded, she wanted a divorce but my dad didn't want it. My mom kept shoving him a divorce paper but he got angry and pointed a gun to my mom's head. I watched it happen with my own eyes." He said with a hint of pain in his voice.

"I pushed my dad away from my mom and pulled my mom out from that house. We both ran away and thank God, I could work to make a living. My dad looked for us, especially looking for me. I was his only heir but I didn't want that money or a dad like that. I never want to live with the man who almost killed me and my mom."

"But with dad and his money, he found us and brought us back. My mom didn't like the idea of going back with my dad, she gave him the divorce papers to let me and her go but my dad got angry and almost killed my mom with a knife. He's crazy!" It's obvious that he hates his dad with every single of his cell that he didn't even want his last name to be on him.

"When that scene happened, my uncle John walked in and saw the scene and put my dad on jail. I have hated my dad since that day and I will never forgive him."

"I'm sorry for everything that happened." I said.

"Don't be sorry Jean, life is not fair sometimes." He sighed as he turned to me.

"Is this why you hate love?" I asked and he nodded weakly. It's understandable because he had a bad trauma about love itself. You can't blame Blake for feeling it.

"My grandfather wanted to split the inheritance money among us but to get that we have to get married. I don't want to give that money to my dad because my granddad said if I don't get married this year, he will give the money to my dad. What a stupid threat but here I am dragging into one." Blake shook his head as he let out a dry laugh.