Chapter 5 - Contract

Jean Verodine

"This is really good, miss." Blake's maid Romina said and I smiled at her. I'm currently making pasta for me and Blake. I think I should repay him for letting me stay here for a while. I let Romina taste the food and she gave me two thumbs up.

"It's not too salty right?" I asked her as I took a sip of the sauce.

"No, it's perfect, Ms. Verodine."

"Please call me Jean, I don't like being too formal."" I put my hand on her shoulder and she nodded.

"It's perfect, Jean." She said and I smiled.

"What's going on here?" Blake walked into the kitchen.

"So I can't make my soon-to-be-husband dinner?" I said sweetly to him and he looked at me completely shocked that I said that.

"Please sit, Mr. Coster." Romina said and Blake sat down on the dining room. I turned back to my spaghetti and prepared a plate for it. I put the spaghetti on the plate and of course I give Romina some too. I divided all of it into 3 and took 2 plates with me to the dining room.

"Mi- I mean Jean, the other one?" Romina asked.

"That's for you." I smiled to her as I put one plate in front of Blake. He looked at me with an expression that has a thousand meanings in it.

"Where did my cold Jean go?" He asked suddenly and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Eat, I'm starving to death." I ignored his question and started to take a bite.

"Jean." Blake called me but I kept eating.

"Jean." Again..

"Jean!" He smacked the table and that made me flinch because he raised his voice too.

"What?" I turned to him.

"What's with all this?" He pointed at me and then the food and then Romina.

"I'm being nice." I said and Blake raised his eyebrows now in the nicest way. He was judging me with his eyes.

"Last time I checked, you were far from nice, Jean. You're cold and if looks could kill, you would have already murdered me with a thousand knives."

"I just want to repay you, Blake. I'm staying here so It-"

"You're going to be my wife and you don't need to repay me."

"A puppet wife, Blake. A fake wife, not a real one. In 3 months we will get divorce and live our own lives" I said trying to smile.

"Je-"

"Try and eat this, I made this with all my heart Blake. Are you going to make me sad?" I asked cheerily as I pointed the spaghetti and he nodded. He took a bite and I can't wait to see his reaction to my cooking.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He looked at me as he stopped eating.

"Is it good?" I asked.

"Good." That made me smile, I continued eating the pasta and after I finished it, I go to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"Jean, let me." Romina said stopping me from washing the dishes.

"It's okay, it's only one-"

"Let me, okay? Thank you for the meal, it's really good" She said as she patted my back. I smiled at her.

"I'm happy that you liked it" I said and walked back to Blake. He has almost finished his meal and that makes me smile widely.

"Let's make the contract." I said but I heard someone entering the door. I turned to see 2 handsome and charming men walking into the dining room. I raised my eyes looking at them.