Chapter 39

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED/2016

unedited

the immortals

CHAPTER 39

I woke up drenched in sweat, I cringed. Even I could smell my arousal.

As Caine rolled onto his stomach beside me I recalled the steamy dream I had about him and shivered. I decided to shower and get out of the house before Caine woke up and decided that he wanted sex. I wasn't sure I would that I would want to stop him either.

As much as I couldn't bear letting him have me after what he had done, he was right about one thing. Because I was going through heat, all I would want for the next couple days would be to mate with him. My wolf would control me and my sex-drive would skyrocket.

It pissed me off that Caine would finally get what he wanted for so long. I figured that there was no harm in trying to put it off for as long as I could, and the first step to that would be to stay away from him for as long as possible.

I quickly got dressed and made my way downstairs, grabbing a granola bar to eat on my way to the training fields. There was a decision made earlier in the week that I would be running the training sessions for the day.  I asked James, one of our warriors to assist me. It was still too early for the other pack members to start but I knew that James would be at the field all ready setting up.

Because knife throwing and weapon training was my strong suite, dozens of targets were set up, and piles of weapons were stacked by the sparring mats.

James was grabbing the last of the throwing knives out of the weapons store house when I reached the field.

"Good morning James,"  I said brightly. He dropped the knives in a pile and spun around.

He swallowed, " Hello Luna," he replied hesitantly. I knew he realized I was in the midst of my Heat and was trying not to look at my swollen breasts. My workout tank-top was not necessarily revealing, but with my filling out and getting back to my original wight, it fit tight to my bust and was acting like it was low-cut or something.

I cleared my throat and tried to pull it up. It also didn't help that anyone in any near proximity could smell my constant arousal.

James shook his head and cleared his throat. "I've set up all the targets and taken out the weapons, like you asked. Is there anything else you would like me to do?"

I nodded. "This should work just fine. If you see that Caine is coming, please warn me. I'm not fully in control of myself around him and don't want anyone seeing a little more than they probably should," I tried to keep my voice calm the whole time I was talking. I noticed that James looked a little embarrassed, so I decided to leave the subject.

" This looks great, James. Thanks for helping me," I smiled at him. " Now the session is scheduled for 8:30, so people should be here in a few minutes. Let's quickly grab some coffee from the Big House."

~

"Katie make sure you feel the wight of the knives in both your heads. Know where you want to throw them and how much force you'll need!"

Katie turned to me and nodded. I sipped my drink and glanced at sparring mats where James was watching the men practice their hand to hand combat. They would spar twice in human form, that once in their wolf form.

The woman were practicing with the weapons. I had to teach them all how to use the guns, but most did really well with the knives and the Katana blades.

" Don't forget reload those guns!" I shouted. The women with guns paused and mimicked the reload action.

The demon guns rarely would run out of ammo, but you never know when they might. Teaching them how to reload them was important, and if they were ever to run out in the middle of a fight they would know how too.