Chapter 36

All rights reserved/2016

The immortals

U n e d i t e d

CHAPTER 36

I lay in the dirty bed. There was blood everywhere. I couldn't breathe. In a matter of seconds my wounds would heal and close over. Octaves would come back and cut them all open again- each time more painful than the last. Then Josh would take his knife, and tell me how much of a whore I was- how much he hated me. I cried, wishing I would pass out so I wouldn't have to endure this pain again.

" I hate you Lila... Caine is never coming to get you Lila... He never loved you and he never will, Lila,"

"Lila,"

"Lilianna,"

"Lilianna!"

I sat up in bed. Heart racing, my face wet from tears, I clutched the sheets.

Caine knelt beside the bed. " Lila it's me." His voice was dark, laced with anger. At what?

I looked up at him, my eyes started to fill up with fresh tears. He pulled back the covers and pulled me out of bed. My shirt was sopping wet from sweat and red from blood.

In a moment he had stripped me out of my clothes and set me down in the shower. I stood there, not sure what was happening or what I should do. The cool water ran down my body, I stared at the water and blood swirling down the drain.

My voice was choked, "where is the blood coming from?"

Caine had put the lid down and was sitting on the toilet, watching me.

"You reopened one of the wounds on your ribcage... and it's menstrual blood."

"...oh," I replied quietly. Well doesn't life just hate me.

" I'll be right back Lila, don't go anywhere," he got up and left, coming back in a few minutes with new sheets. I watched him through the clear shower glass as he removed the old sheets and put the new ones on.

I stared at the muscles in his back. He was so strong, and even though Caine was an asshole most of the time, I had to give it to him-

He came though sometimes.

After finding a tampon in one of the drawers I bandaged my ribs and found another one of his t shirts to wear.

I took the chance to brush my wet hair and tie it into a bun on the top of my head. Caine casually fluffed a pillow and motioned for me to get into bed. I gave him a look before crawling back under the covers.

" Are you going to sleep with me?" I asked him with my eyes shut.

" Not tonight. But I'll be right here if you need me."

I sighed and snuggled down unto the comforter.

Before I fell back asleep I heard him grunt something under his breath.

~

The next morning I did as I was asked. I got dressed in blue jeans and a nice shirt that had been brought over by one of the women. I didn't catch her name. One look from Caine and she was practically running out of the house.

He was in a pissy mood for the whole day. We had been in the first meeting for over four hours and it was making everyone grouchy.

Besides a whole bunch of arguing, Caine started giving new direction and passing new laws.

The morning was spent on the new training and combat methods that all packs had to be trained in.

"Every wolf over the age of 8 years needs to be trained," Caine said at the beginning.

The Immortalsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें