Chapter 27

Unedited

All rights reserved

CHAPTER 27

Someone ripped the black bag off of my head. I blinked in the harsh light and tried to get a good look around.

The room was all mirrors. I was looking at an endless room of me-

I looked awful.

I started to growl and began straining agains the chains that held me to the chair.

"My my my Lila, you've changed since I last saw you," a voice rang out. I knew that voice, it had spent hours and hours whining to me.

"I-" I started darkly but he cut me off.

" Shut the fuck up Lilianna!" Josh hissed at me and slammed his hands down on the chair leaning into me.

" You don't have the fucking right to speak to me," he growled. I didn't mean to but I flinched involuntarily. He grinned and eyed me curiously. I stared at him.He had changed a lot. He grew, started training it looked like, a scar ran across jawline and down under his shirt collar." What happened to you Joshy?" My voice was raspy.

"Don't call me that," he growled, " as for me... You happened, and your stupid mate," he paced in front of me, clenching his fists together.

I narrowed my eyes, " I tried to help you, I let you tag along with me wherever I went. All you did was whine and cry about how your pack hated you. And I know for a fact that Caine wasn't allowed to kill you or keep you locked up. He didn't do anything," I spat, the chains were starting to burn my skin.

" You left me Lila! And your mate almost killed me that night, I have the scars to prove it," there was a loud bang on the door before Josh had the chance to show me all of his scars.

He growled angrily but stormed over to the door and started arguing with another person.

The door slammed again and Josh returned to his spot in front of me.

" You never tried to find me or help me after. You were off living the dream with your alpha mate-"

" I'm sorry. It wasn't really the dream though Josh, I had stuff to work out. I tried looking for you after but I was too late," I looked into his eyes," please... You need to stop this and help me get out if here!"

" No. It's your fault  I was almost killed, and it's your fau-"

"Quit blaming everyone but yourself Josh! I know what you blamed before and you still haven't accepted it. It's not my fault that your mate rejected you!" I sucked in a breath. I hadn't meant to say that.

" H-how did you know that?" He wrapped his hands around my neck and shook. I choked.

"Joshua!" Another familiar voice cut through the room. Josh released my neck and I inhaled sharply, gasping. The person appeared in front of me, creating a shadow that darkened the room.

I choked again.

"C-Caine!?" I hissed, "What is this?"

Caine grinned down at me, " Babe, sadly I'm not your mate... I just chose to look like him," He stood before me, towering. It was odd to see Caine smile like that.

I raised my eyebrow, " You're not Caine then? Who are you?" I asked.

"Most refer to me as Octaves, but you can call me whatever you like." The slick grin never left his face. I growled loudly.

"You!" I spat, " You're the one killing all the wolves!" I struggled against the chains. Octaves laughed happily, which completely weirded me out.

" It's true, you see. I know that Caine's job is to protect wolves from demons, and by attacking packs everywhere I know that he'll be scattered and weak. It makes the perfect time for me to finish him once and for all," he punched one of the glass walls and I inwardly cringed.

" What your problem anyway with Caine?" I demand.

" His Father chopped me up and left me floating in the blackness- not really alive but not quite dead," Octaves ground out through clenched teeth, "it's time for me to end him one and for all-"

"Yeah you've mentioned that," I said sarcastically. He growled loudly at me. I had to shut my eyes an remind myself that this wasn't really Caine. But he sounded the same and Caine would growl like that whenever he was about to hurt me.

I blinked as Octaves rested his hands on the chair arms and leaned down. "I will end him," he sneered, " now normally I would just threaten him with you, but I understand that you two a have a... unique elationship." He paced in front of me.

" so this is how I'm going to start..." I expected him to kill me on the spot. "Tell me where Caine is and I will let you go."

I could hear the blood rushing through his veins, " I can't," I replied. He gave me a look.

" Yes," he started," you can and you will."

I shook my head and growled," I don't know where he is," I said truthfully, meeting Octaves eyes.

October growled at me again, " quit lying to me bitch," he tipped the chair back," now tell me."

"I don't know-

Even if I wasn't tied up, Octaves fist came at me way faster than I could ever react too.

~

"Where is she?" Caine yelled at the demon tied up to the chair.

It was barely alive when it croaked out, "I know not."

"Yes," Caine took his knife and dug it into the demons chest, "you do." He pulled the knife out and then keep cord the chair. It fell back as the demon turned to dust.

He turned to Alec, "I don't know where she is," Caine's voice had turned from anger to panic. Lila was missing and Octaves was hiding her where Caine wasn't able to reach. It was killing him. Not knowing where she was this time was driving him mad.

Alec shook his head," we will find her Caine. One of these demons has to know."

"What if they don't Alec," Caine growled, he paced the room and tensed his muscles.

"I-we'll find her... We have to," Alec said, assuring Caine- and himself.

There was a moment of silence and then the sound of glass clanking together was heard. Before Alec could stop him, Caine had unscrewed the cap off of a bottle of Vampires Blood and and tipped the booze into his mouth.

Alec swiped the bottle away and threw it against the wall. It shattered and Caine sneered at him.

"Quit being a little fuck Caine! Get it together for christ sake, your mate is missing-Lila is missing! And your not going to find her sitting here drowning yourself in booze," his breathing was heavy, "no wonder it took so long for her to start liking you- you're patheti-"

Caine growled loudly and brought his fist to Alec's jaw.

Alec spit blood and grinned.

" Let's go," Caine said darkly.