Part 3

- Lydia -
The glow of the room in the 6am sunlight was the first I saw as I opened my eyes. The surprisingly gentle tone of my alarm waking me. I was glad it was light so early, summer was finally rolling around, and I couldn't lie that was my favourite term for the kids.

Summer dresses and days out on the school fields, rolling in mud and getting grass-stained knees. It always felt like I could smell the nostalgia of summers.

I stepped out of bed, Seb already on my heels. We had had a long walk yesterday, 3 hours. I don't get how he could still be full of so much energy. It was about 11pm when I got home last night, so I had barely seen any messages, just shoved my alarm on and got into bed.

I took my brush off my dressing table, crouching down to brush through my hair, reflecting. God why was I reflecting. Any time I closed my eyes I just pictured her face. Her eyes. Those deep, soft eyes, that could take me anywhere out of here.

This was wrong. Internally fighting the battles. I shouldn't let this interfere with my job. I snapped back to reality, heading to my kitchen, purely to grab a glass of water. I was never a breakfast person.

                                   - Maria -

I was going to be sick. Sasha did what she always did and talked my ear off for so long I drank too much. I hated getting like this, especially in front of her. My beautiful daughter. My daughter that was now curled up against my body, soaking in the warmth.

I brushed her hair back from her face. To see her beautiful freckles that dotted about her face. All my family said she looked just like me..but I still see a bit of him in her. A little bit of the man I hate most. I hate most in the world though, that I see him in her, such an innocent little being could never be like him.

Her eyes fluttered open, batting her thick eyelashes at me as her eyes seemed to gleam. Her sweet giggles filled the room.

'I thought you were still asleep!' She whisper-yelled as if she needed to be quiet for someone.

I laughed along with her, though it came out dry.

'No princess, but it's okay, we have to get you ready for school, remember?' I spoke gently, that tone was only reserved for her and her only.

She leaped up and hurried to go downstairs. I remember when she used to cling to me and beg me not to go. But ever since she changed classes..she seems different.

I am grateful. I am, but that girl. That girl with cherry red lips, soft brown hair..deep brown eyes that reflected the same as her hair. I don't know if I can trust her.

I stood and followed my daughter who was reaching up the counters trying to reach her favourite cereal. I picked her up a little to allow her to get it with a chuckle when I heard her let out a little 'yes!' In triumph.

She rushed to pour her own bowl of cereal. Apparently this new teacher, Ms. Corbyn has suggested independence was a good thing. Did I ask her to parent my kid? I scoffed and my little girl tilted her head at me.

'Sorry sweetheart.' I sighed and she hummed going back to eating her cereal. I felt so terrible sometimes. Sasha would be around in an hour to take her into school. I felt bad I could never take her.

My phone rang, the sound hurting my ears, god I had to get over this hangover. I rubbed my temple and picked it up. To hear a very groggy Sasha on the other line.

'Maria you're going to kill me..' she groaned down the phone line.

'What now?' I snapped, which made Lili briefly look at me, chewing the last of her soggy cereal.

'I can't take Lil..' I sighed. She was the only person who called Lili Lil.

'What do you mean you can't?' I snapped down the phone, whispering a little as if it would make my daughter hear less.

'I mean I'm non stop throwing up..Maria I'm-' she paused and I heard hurling on the other end of the line and ended the call.

'Okay, so, change of plans I'm dropping you today.' I spoke soft again to my daughter who shuffled in her seat excitedly.

She jumped down from the bar stool and ran at me, hugging me leg.

'Best day ever!' She yelled and then ran straight to her room to find her clothes.

'Don't slip!' I yelled, hurrying after her. God I sounded dull.

                                 - Lydia -

I had waved goodbye to one too many parents today. I had no energy from coming in late and probably looked like shit. I'd threw my hair up in a pony tail and put my glasses on instead of contacts today.

I barely had any makeup, had on a sweatshirt and jeans. My nails were chipped. I mean who was I impressing, the love of my life that was about to burst through the doors?

I laughed to myself as I heard the click of heels. I always waited outside my conservatory to my classroom for all the drop off and my kids waited inside. But right now I wanted to run inside after them.

Of course she had to be here. The woman on my mind for the last night. Who I was trying to erase.

I watched as she went from sharp, staring at me to soft as she knelt down in her pants probably worth more than my life and talked to her daughter. I heard very little, just an 'I love you' and a 'sweetheart'. What id give for that..fuck no what was I thinking.

Then my favourite little girl from my class ran at me, hugging my leg and I laughed. 'Morning Lili! Go inside okay?' I spoke to her and nodded enthusiastically running off into the classroom to sit on the floor with her classmates. Was it wrong to have favourites? Maybe. Did I care? No.

Her mother looked down on me. She wasn't much taller but managed to make me feel so small. She then turned on her heel and I coughed, clearing my throat. 'Ms I-' I paused. 'Cruz..I just wanted to know if you'd be present at parents evening next week?' I spoke, trying to make It strong but I came out almost a squeak. I felt like a child.

She raised a brow. 'I'll email you, might be busy.' Maybe I was hallucinating, but I think she just softened her gaze as she spoke. But she was gone too quick for me to study her eyes.

Fuck I wanted to call her back. What is wrong with me?

AN:

Hey guys! Uhhh it's been a while..I've kind of had no motivation, so I hope this is good enough for my very few viewers, I'm just excited for this to progress enough.

P.s THANK U FOR READING MIMI LIKE ALWAYS