- Chapter 2 -

Lucy's POV _

My body sinks into the white death and I sigh.

Bubbles made by my last breathing tickles my nose.

I open my eyes.

All I can see is white.

White.

I close my eyes again.

It feels like something is stabbing every part of my body with thousands of needles.

Ah, but so what.

It's clear that I'm dying.

I once heard that people could have their last flashback of their life before they die.

I hope I can see my happy memories lastly.

ㆍㆍㆍ

"Ahhh, Aunt red, I can't. I really can't. It will hurt, I know it. IVY!!!"

I screamed. I tried to close my eyes but I couldn't, because of the thing Ivy was holding to my eyes.

It was pulling my eyelids up and I couldn't close it. I could see sharp needles coming and I screamed.

".....!"

The first view I had ever seen.

In the middle of my field of vision, something settled down.

As if I could see my pupils. The silver needles sparkled, reflecting light in all directions, and it hurt my eyes. It didn't hurt as much as I thought dough...

However, the visual realization that something was lodged in the middle of one's pupil was enough to cause an enormous shock.

"AHHHHHHH!"

I screamed, but the powerful telescope-like tool was still mercilessly dragging the skin around my eyes up and down.

Ivy's eyes met mine.

In fact, I only saw eyes briefly through the needle, but I was able to find sympathy, pity, and sadness in Ivy's eyes. "Aunt red..." I whispered and I could feel Ivy pressing her syringe on the tip of her needle.

How did I know?

I felt something being injected into my eyes.

What seemed like eons passed and the needle slowly fell out of my eye.

And, the pain at that moment was indescribable.

"....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A pain so intense that I couldn't even scream engulfed my eyes, and in an instant, all my vision turned black. The pain slowly spread from the eyes to the front of the head and onto the entire head. I couldn't see anything, but I felt tears flowing.

I black outed.

ㆍㆍㆍ

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I could hear a man's screaming and mom and dad's laughing sound. I sigh and stare at the clock. I was playing with them in gang's office but suddenly they went to torture the man. I closed my eyes and shut my ears with my hands.

I was used to this but never wanted to hear about it.

"Hmm, hmm-" I couldn't remember what song is it but began to hum to myself.

"Lucy!" I could hear Joker's shouting and I faced my father.

He's took off his suit to the chair and I could see it's covered with blood.

He threw away the crowbar he was holding, also blooded and sat next to me.

"What are you doing?"

Harley came too and whispered, and I could see her hair was sparkling red with splashed blood.