A Protector

Amara had been prancing around the carnival whole day and mostly with Mr. Silent as he stood behind her everytime she looked back. His brother and sister were having their private time as Aarav was dead set to tatse every local dish served on the plate.

"Aarav, can you please get off that table. We need to see everything!!"

Amara rolled her eyes as she looked her hopeless bestfriend who was sitting there for past two hours trying every dish and talking to the owner animatly.

Amara was first amazed by his passion but soon it turned to annoyance as he was not showing any signs of getting up.

"But I want to learn new dishes, Bee! You can dictate me like that."

Aarav said. His voice was childish but his words were true. Amara mood dampened when she realised it was true. She couldn't just dictate what he wanted to do. Of course they had grown up. They now enjoy different things too. The lesat she could do to respect for it.

"I am sorry, Aaru. You are right."

Amara sighed as she shook her head. Aarav eyes widen as he looked at her suddenly realising what he had said.

"You know I didn't meant it like that."

Amara gave a dazzling smile to him as she pinched his cheeks. Although all she wanted was to enjoy rides with him- like they always did- but she understood that's not the case anymore.

"I know. So just eat your heart out and made me some good food after that. Take care of bhaisa too. Its like they are enjoying themselves."

Amara said as she looked at them sitting ever so close and chatting about something. Her eyes leaned towards the other person who had come on their trip. He was just sitting in the corner sipping his coffee. Her eyes scanned him for a second.

From when the whole family arrived in the carnival this was the first time he left her alone which she didn't know- if she was thankful.

Eventually she left everyone on their own and decided to explore by own her own. The sun was still up but a little orange hues had started to come up- meant the rides would be now more fun.

Amara moved outside and rode every ride she wanted. It was so much fun. Her throat hurted after screaming so much.

After the last ride when she decided to go back to the family. She found herself lost in the crowd. Her steps became hurried when she noticed two creepy man following down her and before she could run past through them.

One of them grabbed her waist. Amara eyes went out of sockets as she realized someone had just grabbed her with waist and was dragging her to a place.

She screamed and buckled back but other person put his hand on her. Her eyes watered as she realised she was in big trouble.

She tried to punch he man but with no use. Amara's strength could not be matched with the other two. They managed to get her own other side of carnival.

Her eyes widen in horror as the guy tried to open her kurti.

She would die before she could be touched by them. Her scream echoed but it was numbed down by the music. Her eyes were hollow as she tried to get out of their reach.

The guy managed to tear apart one of her sleeves. Amara tried to scratch him. Her tears were falling nonstop.

She couldn't imagine just five minutes back she was enjoying her life but now  this-

At the moment she was thrashing in their arms and at the next moment the two men were ripped off her by other two men.

Amara eyes opened when he saw Athrava beating the shit out of one of them who was literally all over her.