My heart resides here

Amara was shuffling through the reports

Amara was shuffling through the reports. Today was her last day in Delhi as she had a flight tomorrow morning. She would be staying in Krishnagar-Her home estate for two months. Yes, the leave is very long for a doctor, but she needed to be there. After her mom's death, she was the only direct female descendant of her royal estate. She needed to be there for every ritual that need to be performed. After all, it was her Bhaisa as well as the crown prince's wedding.

Her face contoured in a smile when she thought about all the things she missed. Sitting there with her hand on her chin in a lucid dream. She was a daydreamer for sure. Her concentration broke when she heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in." She said swiftly checking her face in the mirror for any drool and how thankful she was for that because entering inside was her most handsome colleague Dr Lakshya. He was one year senior to her, but he was more of a friend to her.

She would also want to add that every nurse in the cardio department has a crush on him, and who would not? he had this energy that attract everybody. He was a gentleman. A classic. A type of man for which even a person like Amara who had no interest in real romance had to double take.

She sat up straight in an instant.

"Hey, Doc. Lakhya. What brought you here today?" She smiled gracefully.

"Hii Amara. I was passing by, so I thought to drop by some files that you asked for previously." Dr. Lakshya Smiled as he passed down the files to Amara.

"Thank you but you did not have to do it. I would have come by myself." Amara said. 

"Don't worry. I knew you are busy as you are going on a long vacation at home." Dr. Lakshya said. He had seen many girls in his life, but never did he see someone as mesmerizing as Amara. She was beautiful. There was some rumor about her that she was royalty. Lakshya could not help but consider it because the way she smiled, talked, and laughed was so elegant yet professional that it seemed like she had been trained for that, but rumors were only rumors which died down quite early then he had expected it.

"Yes. It's my brother's wedding." Amara smiled. Her eyes shined with excitement.

Her brother- Her over the top strict rigid brother- is getting married.

"Can I ask you a favor, Doc?" Amara said her eyes showed the same happiness, but Lakshya could feel the atmosphere getting serious.

"Yeah, sure."

"Although, there are many doctors in the cardio department, can you come and visit my patients from time to time?  Also, in case of any emergency or if you need any help with patient history. Will you call me?"  Amara asked.

"I can do it for you." Dr. Lakshya smiled politely. A sigh of relief left Amara's lips. She knew her patients are in safe hands now.

"But- We will all miss you. You tend to bring positive energy around you." Lakshya said. His eyes were sincere. Maybe he could muster up the courage and ask for a date after she came back from vacation.