Amara

"Thankyou so much Dr

"Thankyou so much Dr. Amara. You save my child. You saved us." Mrs. Shekhawat cried taking both of Amara hands. Her eyes tearful.

Amara could feel her cold hands. The trembling hands of a mother who had seen her child on the ventilators for so long.

" We will always be thankful for you." Her husband Mr. Shekhawat said. The dominant stance was there but his voice soften at the sight of her wife and child.

Yash, a young kid of merely eight years was finally going home after a heart surgery.  Amara fell in love with the kid when he first asked her if she was an angel that will take his pain away. Amara would never forget those fearful eyes of him. She knew that day she had to save him.

"Thankyou angel. You are the best."

No, she wasn't
.
.

Yet she smiled at him. "-And you are my superhero. No extra chocolates and eat a healthy diet bud."

Amara smiled ruffling his hair.

"You could collect his reports from the reception. He is good to go."

The pair smiled. Amara smiled seeing Yash laughing with his parents.

She stood up from her desk and went to the nearest window. Sipping her coffee. She looked at the garden of her hospital.

She was happy. She was happy that she could treat her patients. Make them smile and cure them.

...

Reaching her apartment. She sighed and put the keys on the desk. Amara lived in Delhi. A posh apartment. Her job was well-paid. She could afford her expenses very well.

She sighed as she opened her packed food. She would definitely love to have a home-cooked meal right now but her schedule did not let to go on grocery shopping let alone cooking for her.

She was too tired of taking rounds inwards that she would just love to directly go to bed when she reaches home but her stomach is too noisy for that.

Gobbling up her Chinese takeout. She didn't know where she was going in her life. She had responsibilities. The responsibilities are greater than here. She took the last bite and pour a glass of water for herself.

She was still drinking her water when her phone rang. A small smile was painted on her face.

"Hey Dad."

"Hey, Dad?- When was the last time you called me Miss Amara Abhiraj Singhania?"

"I am sorry Dad. It's just I am getting way busier these days."

"How about a heads up first? Anyways, when are you coming home?"

" Maybe next month if the tides are on my side." Amara smiled thinking about his father. She could imagine him pacing around the office telling his secretary-

"I need her schedule next time."

"No. You need to come right now. Your big brother has finally decided to get married." Abhiraj sighed.

"Oh. Wait- WHAT?"

Amara's jaw dropped. His brother- Yuvraj Yashvardhan Singhania said yes. He was the CEO of many business the Singhania family owned. She could never imagine his brother settling down. At the age of 30, whenever the marriage question popped into their household. He would openly refute them. What happens to her strict brother?

"Bhaisa, getting married!?"

"I have been in the same shock. He told me today at the end of the meeting. He said that he wanted to marry someone."

"Oh.my. god, Dad. He fell in love with someone?"  A ghost of a smile appears on her face. After all his brother finally found someone.

Dad laughed at Amara's shocked voice.

"I don't know but you need to come home asap. They are going to come to our house with the proposal next week."

"Right away Dad. I will come as soon as possible but whose the lucky girl?"

"Angira, she is a Rajwanshi and fashion designer. I met her because of the collaboration of the company. She is such a sweet girl."

Amara could sense that her father loved her. That made her smile. After her mother's death. Her dad had always been hiding in his shell. Maybe someone could help them to bring her father back.

"I am excited to meet her. I hope Bhaisa is serious about all this. Marriage and he still seem far subject to me."

"He is. I could see in his eyes. Well again, when your brother has been the funny one in all of us."

"True Dad. Ok, let me sleep now. I need to complete my work as soon as possible. Love you, Dad." Amara said moving towards her bedroom.

"Love you, Kiddo. Come back soon." Her father answered as he put down the phone.

Amara sighed looking at now the screen of her mobile. The concept of love was far away from her. As much as she loved reading her romance novels but still the love looked so far to her. It was not wrong to say that she don't believe in true love.

She could never believe in something so abstract and fragile because everything fragile is bound to be broken one day.

She bumped the screen on her forehead. She again started overthinking. In a hurry to go to bed. She stubbed her toe on the door itself.

As expected from a clumsy ass like her. Even her parents were surprised at how she managed to get into a profession which is all about precision.

She hissed as she applied a bandage to it. Maybe someday she will get out of her clumsiness and become mature just like her mother.

"That seems so far away. How could someone like me become like mom?"

She mumbled. As she pulled the duvet on and went to sleep.

She had a lot of work tomorrow.

....

Hey, lovelies so dropping out the first chapter.
I hope you are excited to read it.

happy reading.