3. It's her indeed

Author's POV

''Have you been listening to me ?'' Asked Shin ju to lee yeon who was busy eating his lunch.
''Regarding what ?''
''That.... That female director brought over fox fur.'' He said worried.
''Did you get caught ?''
''When im a seasoned veteran ? Im now up to the point where im wondering if i've turned into an actual person.'' Said Shin ju. Lee Yeon's loyal subject and friend, also a gumiho.
''You must be proud.''
''Anyway im getting a bad vibe.''

Lee rang POV

''We've reached.'' I said. For some reason I didn't want the ride to end. Im still not sure about her. But i'm not gonna give up so soon.

''Oh thank you.'' She said while removing her seat belt.

I need to be with her now what do I do ?
''Umm, how are you gonna go back ? You still don't have a ride back, right ?''

''I'll call my friend Do hwa. He'll pick me up.'' She said with her ever bright smile.

What do I do now ?

She got off the car and thanked me once again as she walked towards the house. Before entering the house she waved at me one last time.

Y/n POV

I go and knock at the door. After a few seconds the door opens.

''Kim jisoo-ssi ?'' I ask.
''Yes, it's me. Who are you ?''
''My name is y/n. Im a journalist at TVC station. If you're not busy can you spare me some time ?''
''Yes, please come in.'' The old man said weakly.

I entered inside. There wasn't much in the house. It did have a weird painting. And some incense sticks. Maybe he was a religious person. It looked old and shabby. Maybe because he lived alone. But theres this weird vibe around this which I cant get through. And it isn't because of its appearance. There was something else. He gestured me to sit down on the couch near me.
He handed me a glass of water and I whispered a 'thank you'.

''So what is it that you wanted to talk about ?'' He aksed me in a low tone.

''Im here to talk about the case of your neighbors murder...''
''Ah, yeah. You're not the first one.''
''But you didn't tell much to the others. Did you ?''
''I dont trust them. They are just here for their exclusives.''
''Then do you plan on telling me anything ?''
''I know you. I read and watch your work. I have some faith in you.''

''Some faith is good enough. You may have heard this from the others but I mean it, everything that you tell me will be exactly what will be conveyed to the public. There will be no manipulation to your words.''
''Thank you for saying that.''
''Then shall we start ? Your voice will be recorded in 3,2,1.''
''It was yesterday night. At around half past 2 in the night. I couldn't sleep because of my back pain. I got up to take my pain killers from the drawer near my bed when I saw something weird from my bedroom window. It was---''

I scoffed which made him stop mid sentence. He was lying. I stood up and looked straight in his eye.

''I thought you said you trusted me. What's with the lying ?''
''What ?''
''Im a crime specialist in journalism. I examined your house before coming in. Your bedroom doesn't have a window.''

He looked down and started laughing creepily. I knew something was wrong.

''You're clever y/n. But you can't leave now."

What's happening to me ? Why am I feeling dizzy ? But I didn't eat or drink anything.

''I didn't drink the water.'' I murmured confused.
''It wasn't the water.'' He said smiling smugly.