the engagement

Sree

These were the most tumultuous days of my life.. I got into a deep headache like never before.
My mother's sister and my younger cousin brother arrived at my home soon.
They were surprised to hear what had happened..

Soon all I could hear was plans of my wedding.. They were all so happy.. All of them except me..

Raya and Akshara tried comforting me, but I couldn't.. I felt like I lost control of life.. Blank..

My mother was showing the ring we got for Vikram. . Even I hadn't seen it properly

"Sree.. You are still awake.. Go to sleep.. Have to wake up early for the engagement", shouted my mom from the kitchen.

I sighed. I hadn't been able to sleep.. For long.. At this rate.. I have to visit a doctor for my sudden insomnia.

Next day:

The engagement was to happen in a small Hall..

I was in a room getting ready, looking at myself in the mirror.
I was wearing my blue anarkali, which was embroidered with gold..

I had light jewelry on.. We didn't hire any makeup professionals.. And the elders weren't that good at applying makeup.. So I had to apply most on my own..

Raya and Akshara were there , but explaining to them which one was the concealer and which one the highlighter took all time..

Akshara helped me with my hair..

"Ohh you look so pretty Sree.  Jiju will not be able to take his eyes off you", Raya shrieked.

I didn't reply..

My mom came inside.. " Time for the pooja, come out", she said..

I went out, Vikram hadn't arrived yet.. Then they started the pooja.. I was looking into thin air, .. Then I spotted him, he was wearing a pale blue kurta,..

His hair neat, .. His beard was trimmed cleanly... His eyes looked at me and for a second I couldn't look away.. Then I turned away from him..

I didn't care how he looked, I just wanted to smack his perfect face.. And see the look in his eyes then..

After the pooja we were told to sit together.. I looked everywhere but at him.. I felt his kurta graze against my dress and I moved away from him..

His cologne.. The smell which reminded me of our encounters.. It infuriated me..

Vikram

She was like an angel... I couldn't take my eyes of her.. But she refused to see me..

I moved closer to her slowly.. I was still tensed from what danger lurked beneath us but on seeing her I knew it, I would do anything for her.. She was the first woman who made me feel this way when I though love was impossible..