5. Moonlit Revenge (Part 3)

WARNING: This part contains strong language. Reader discretion is advised.

~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------

Pages (according to Google Docs): 12

Words: 4276

Characters: 23340

Characters (excluding spaces): 19179

Published On: August 7th, 2020

~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------

5:34 PM.

Me and Natalie were out in town, standing in line at the food and drink parlor waiting so we could order our drinks. The food and drink parlor was a walk-up kind of parlor, and the parlor is a popular attraction for kids and teenagers that live in or nearby the town I live right next to.

"Damn, what a depressing dream you had," Natalie said, feeling pretty bad for me after I told her about the dream I had.

"I know. I woke up feeling awkward because of it, and I didn't feel at all comfortable telling my mom about it." I replied.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm glad you told me instead of holding it in." Natalie smiled.

As we continued our conversation, I began thinking to myself, should I really tell Natalie that I was the person who unintentionally killed Johnson? I figured that if I told her, it would probably clear up a lot of confusion regarding the awful dream I had last night. The problem with telling her what happened on that dreadful night is that I don't know how she'll react. If I tell her she obviously won't see me the same again, just like my mom. I didn't know what to do.

Before I knew it, we were next in line.

"Hello. What can I get ya two?" The parlor asked us.

"An orange juice, please," Natalie replied.

"An iced tea," I replied.

"Coming right up!" The parlor said.

As we were waiting for our drinks, Natalie noticed something off about me, which concerned her a little.

"You ok? You seem rather... off." Natalie asked me.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I nervously replied as I was fighting my thoughts on what to do.

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything else that's bothering you, you know that right?" Natalie said, unsure if I actually was ok.

"I am, thanks for asking. And yes I do know that I can tell you anything that's currently bothering me if I had the opportunity to." I again replied.

The parlor got us our drinks right as I replied to Natalie.

"That'll be $4.99." The parlor said.

Natalie paid for our drinks, and we headed off to Glensville so Natalie can give me a little tour of the town where her older brother got blowdarted. I hesitantly drank on my iced tea as we walked, unsure if I should tell her or not. Natalie noticed me having a nervous look and a nervous atmosphere around me. Natalie suddenly got ahead of me and stopped me from walking any further.

"Jimmy, you're scaring me. Please tell me what's going on." Natalie told me in a concerned tone.

"F-fine. Can I tell y-you something in that alleyway d-down there?" I shakily responded, pointing at an alleyway that was nearby.

"Sure," Natalie said as we slowly approached the alleyway.

We both made sure that nobody was in the alleyway or was watching us. We then went to the very end of the dark and shadowy alleyway to discuss things.

Natalie > "Please tell me what you need to say. I'm very worried about you. Is someone bothering you? Did someone else find out that you are a werewolf and is threatening to spread that information to other people? What's going on? I need answers."

Me > "No, it's nothing like that."

Natalie > "Then what's bothering you so god damn much?"

Me > "*Sigh* You're going to hate me for this."

Natalie > "What do you mean I'm going to hate you for something?"

I went up close to her ear, and told her the truth. My chest began to ache because of how hard and furiously my heart was pounding.

Me > "I encountered Johnson and unintentionally killed him."

The moment Natalie heard those words, I could tell her heart stopped as her eyes widened in shock and she slowly covered her mouth with one of her hands.

Natalie > "Wha- Why didn't you tell me this before when we went out on that spring night?!"

Me > "I know. It's fucked up. Go right on ahead and call the police on me. I don't care anymore."

Natalie > "No. I'm not calling the police on you."

Me > "Why? What I did was wrong don't you realize that?!"

Natalie > "Don't you realize that what you did was an act of revenge against him for what he did to you?"

Me > "I have never thought of it like that. Besides, I could've just called the police on him and had him arrested. That would've been a much better act of revenge."

Natalie > "What you did was the best form of revenge possible. Wanna know why? Because if Johnson instead went to prison for god knows how long, when he gets released he'll start blowdarting more people and turning them into werewolves again. You did everybody a favor. You basically helped take down a serial blowdarter."

Me > "Can I tell you what happened?"

Natalie > "Sure. I'd rather have more knowledge about it so I have a clearer knowledge of what happened."

I then started to tell her everything that had happened on that fateful spring night; me peacefully walking back home from a friend's house and then Johnson assaulting me, me defending myself and then confronting him, him telling me that he was the person who blowdarted me, me then becoming a werewolf and him laughing at me while transforming, my vision slowly becoming red, and then me being thrown into a blinded rage. I even told her that I had no intent on killing him and only had the intent of making him remember my face.

Me > "I didn't know what I was thinking. I'm so damn sorry."

Natalie > "Look, I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed that you didn't tell me sooner."

Natalie then gave me a nice and tight hug and patted my back to comfort me. I hugged her back, relieved that I finally let it out and that she understood me. Natalie then remembered about us going to Glensville for that anticipated tour.

Natalie > "We're supposed to be having a great day. Let's go and explore Glensville."

Me > "Alrighty. Let's get going."

We then walked out of the alleyway and began heading towards Glensville via the new path at my town's local park while talking about what we have been doing in our lives since we went out on that spring evening. This day was supposed to be about hanging out and having fun on the first day of summer, not dwelling on our past. What am I, a time dweller?

~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~~~~---------

5:47 PM.

Me and Natalie are now at Glensville, and Natalie is giving me the tour of the town that I was so excited for, and all is going excellently. She gave me a tour of the little shops and their unique little qualities, the streets, the small nearby park, and a bunch of other locations in Glensville while spewing out lots of other information about Glensville that I found to be very interesting.

We then approached the location where Natalie's older brother was blowdarted. Natalie was telling me everything that her older brother told her about the incident. Apparently, Natalie's older brother was taking a walk around town on a nice day in April when he was then suddenly blowdarted. He then felt his back and found out that it was a blowdart. He quickly looked behind him and saw the blowdarter, holding that instrument used to propel blowdarts, and Natalie's older brother then started chasing him, most likely to either teach him a hard lesson or to hold him and call the police on Johnson, shouting "Hey! Get back here, you smug criminal!" Unfortunately, a few minutes later, he lost Johnson; Johnson somehow managed to outrun him. Luckily, there were a bunch of eyewitnesses, and one of them even called the police and told them everything right when it happened. He was then rushed to the hospital, and he was then released from the hospital a few hours later due to the hospital workers not detecting anything life-threatening.

"Damn, that hits home harshly," I said as the memory of me being blowdarted came to mind.

"Yeah, pretty much. My brother does get nightmares about it every once in a while." Natalie replied with an uncomfortable-looking face.

"Jesus Christ I feel so bad for your brother." I quickly spoke in shock.

As we were talking, I saw another teenage-looking boy with short red hair, dark grey Salomon sneakers, denim shorts, and a gray short-sleeved shirt slowly walk towards us while giving us a friendly wave. He looked as if he was one to two years younger than me at maximum.

"Hello, Natalie! How are you?" The boy in question greeted Natalie.

"I'm doing good. I'm hanging out with my boyfriend on the first day of summer. His name's Jimmy." Natalie replied.

"Hi, Jimmy, nice to meet you. I'm Jason. I'm a friend of Natalie. Sorry that I interrupted your hangout with Natalie." Jason greeted me.

"It's alright, no worries," I responded with a smile.

"Anyways, what's been happening recently in your life? Got anything exciting and new to tell me?" I continued.

Suddenly, Jason's face went from happy and cheerful, to embarrassed and nonplussed within a matter of seconds. The moment I saw this happen, I was confused beyond hell as to why his face quickly changed expressions just by a handful of words. Did I say something wrong? Did my words not come out right? No, it can't be. My words came out right, and I know that for a fact. Maybe a recent event bothered him?

"You ok? Did something bad happen to you recently?" I questioned him with my head tilted slightly in confusion.

Jason then slowly yet hesitantly turned his head and looked at Natalie for a few moments. I stood there in absolute perplexity, not knowing how to react in this awkward situation.

"Should I tell him?" Jason quietly yet nervously asked Natalie.

"I don't think you should," Natalie answered.

"Tell me what? Look, it's ok to tell me, it's not like I'm forcing you, I'm only wondering. I'm not going to tell anyone else." I calmly spoke.

"I... I have... a confession to make..." Jason hesitantly said to me.

I could tell that Jason was trying his damn hardest if he should tell me what was bothering him or not. He looked as if he was using a lot of brainpower for a single (and not so simple?) decision. Maybe I shouldn't have asked him what was happening recently.

"One of my family members was a serial blowdarter." Jason nervously spoke with an extremely humiliated-looking face.

My eyes widened. I knew exactly what he was talking about.

Me > "Was Johnson one of your family members' names?"

Jason > "Yeah. H-how did you know?"

Me > "I read a news article about a month and a half ago that there was a serial blowdarter named Johnson that was killed by an animal; not to mention I was blowdarted on the second day of spring."

Jason > "Oh god did you become a werewolf?!"

Me > "Yeah... Pretty much... Besides, I'm not hostile at all in my werewolf form. Plus, how did you know that Johnson was turning people into werewolves?"

Jason > "About half a month after the first day of spring, I went to the basement to get my mom something, and I saw Johnson doing something rather odd. I asked him what he was doing, and he smugly replied saying that he was making blowdarts that turn people into werewolves. I was completely stunned by what he said. He even said that he blowdarted unsuspecting people with the blowdarts he created and that he started doing that at the beginning of this year."

Me > "W-why didn't you tell anyone about this?! Only god knows how many people he blowdarted let alone how many of them turned into werewolves!"

Jason > "He threatened that if I ever dared to tell anyone about this, he would blowdart me and turn me into a werewolf. Besides, if I told anyone that one of my family members was a serial blowdarter going around turning people into werewolves, no-one would believe me."

Natalie > "Holy shit you didn't tell me about him threatening to turn you into a werewolf!"

Jason > "Cus I was scared to tell anyone and I was afraid you wouldn't believe me."

Me > "Well at least you can tell your parents more about the despicable actions of Johnson now that he can't blowdart anyone anymore."

Suddenly, Jason put both of his hands on my shoulders and looked at me dead in the eyes.

Jason > "Look, whatever you do, PLEASE don't be transforming yourself into your werewolf form in public. I don't want you raising suspicions and your door then being knocked down by the FBI and they arrest and throw your family members in jail and they then take you away to some sort of testing lab far away to conduct horrible experiments on you and then cutting you open just to see what your organs and internals look like."

Me > "I know. I have the common sense not to go out when there's a full moon."

Jason > "Ok. I can't stress telling you enough. I already regret not telling anyone about this the moment I found out what Johnson was doing."

Natalie > "That reminds me, Jimmy, I haven't seen you in your werewolf form yet. I promise not to tell anyone that you're a werewolf."

Jason > "Well, you can be your werewolf self, just not when there are other people around."

Me > "Anything else?"

Jason > "Nothing else. I only wanted to just stop by and say hi to Natalie, but I was then sucked into a conversation."

Me > "It's ok. At least I got to know a little bit more about Johnson."

Jason > "I'm extremely sorry about what happened to you and this whole situation."

Me > "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at Johnson who made me become a moonlit monster. Besides, I've adapted to my new self."

Jason > "Besides that, I hope you two have a wonderful day despite what is currently happening with you Jimmy."

Me > "Thank you, you too."

That was unexpected.

Well, at least I got to know a little bit more about Johnson. We then went our separate ways and continued our day like nothing ever happened. While me and Natalie were finishing up what's left of the tour of Glensville, we then thought of a perfect time to show Natalie my werewolf form. I looked at the weather app and checked the moon phases, and turns out that in less than a month there will be a full moon; sometime in the middle of next month to be exact. Until then, there's no other proof I can show her that I'm a werewolf.

Little does she know that I'm no average werewolf.