Supermarket is a Cupid [On Hi...

Oleh piana_staric

"Don't you talk to me like that. Do you have any idea who I am?" "Oh yeah, you must be the prince of jerks be... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
IMPORTANT

Chapter 24

58 15 14
Oleh piana_staric

A/N -: I am really sorry I know how annoying it is when I don't update. I literally have exams every single month because it is my senior year. I promise now that I am done with December exams I will be constantly updating.
××××××××

As soon as I reached home I unlocked my door and pushed Jeremy inside.

"Sit and explain. Now." I commanded pointing to the couch while closing the door behind me.

"Rude but I will ignore that if you give me juice and tour of your humble abode." He grins at me.

"Stop being cheeky. I know this is serious." I said trying to hide my smile.

"I know Ny, but you need to calm down first. I will quickly go to the washroom you just try and not freak out, okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Upstairs second door on the right." I directed him and as soon as he leaves I am consumed by my thoughts.

It all started centuries ago when there were no strict laws and government. Every city, every place was unsafe. But as years passed such activities started becoming less, people became more civil. That does not mean that the terror seized, many powerful people still used bullets to get what they want.

Today the thought of people roaming around with guns and knives in their pocket seems irrational. We got police and administration to protect us. That is what most people think is true or rather what higher authorities what them to think is true. Still to this dates those powerful people do things which are not civil.

Jeremy's grandfather was one of those powerful people. I still remember how I found out about all this.

I was 15 and as usual skipped down the street to Jeremy's big house. Mrs Jones his housekeeper let me in and I continued like any normal day. So, as I heard voices of Jer, his mom and dad coming from the living room I walked in without second thought. But as I walked further the voices became clear.

"I still don't believe this. This sounds like a storyline of one of those flop action movie." I can easily make out that it was Jeremy's voice.

"Son it is what it is. Accept it." Mr Adam's said tenderly as always.

"Dad look at you. You are an angel, you can't even hurt a fly. Hell you rarely even shout or get angry!!!!" I nodded to myself because I know how true that is Mr. Adam is the sweetest man I have ever known. Jeremy continued, " And you want me to believe that you kill people. You shoot them and don't even look back. And you want me to do the same." That made me halt and I stay frozen just seconds away from walking in.

"Not willingly Jeremy but I have to. And for you I will make sure you will never have to hurt someone by yourself." Although the things he was saying were not sweet but his voice still was.

"Honey you need to understand it was not your father's choice to do what he has been doing. His father was a cruel man and he dumped this on him with no choice. Your father did try to escape from this all but there is only one way out of these that is when it all ends. He has been trying to do that from years." For the first time since I arrived Mrs Adams spoke something.

I was bought out of the trance by my name being called, "Nyla honey would you like to let us know about your presence now?" Mr Adams called out. I could hear a smile in his voice.

"I-I am so so sorry. I didn't mean to overhea-" I started explaining, feeling guilty because I was eavesdropping.

"We know you didn't. And why are you explaining you know you are a part of this family." He said and motioned for me to come in. "When did you know I was here?" I asked timidly. "I knew the second you came. What I don't understand is why you stopped at the door." He replied.

"I heard some of the things." I said looking at my hands as I sit on the sofa. Then they explained to me the whole story. How bad of a person Jeremy's grandfather was and how he was involved in what people term as 'Mafia'.

I was shocked to hear that underground Mafia world isn't some fiction that happens in movies. It do exist in real life and is more dangerous than anyone could imagine. So that is why 20 years ago Mr Adams came up with a strategy to escape.

"The only way to end it all is to rule it all" He said.

There are many such groups or what people like to term as gangs. What Mr Adams had in mind isn't easy at all. He wants to take over all of 'Mafia' world and then as a leader end it all. So far he has done an incredible job at it, he is currently the head of the third biggest group. As exciting as it sounds it is twice as dangerous, there is no guarantee you will be alive the next second. But he couldn't do it all by himself because being the leader the spotlight was on him all the time.

And as expected Jeremy is supposed to inherit his father's position. So, Mr. Adams decided he should do it now, although being a protective and loving father he never forced him to do something bad. Nobody other than Jeremy's mom, dad, me my mom, dad and Mr Adam's only two trusted people know about all this. As for those hideous things these 'Mafia' people are expected to do like killing people, attacks, smuggling of various things Greg (Mr Adams) has a solution for that too.

He do plan attacks and kill people but only the bad ones like members of other gangs. It helps him in two ways, one that he is reducing his enemies and helping everyone cause those are some horrendous people and second none of his man question him and people fear him more cause he keep on planning such attacks very often. It also keep the attention off other things which as a stereotype of a gang he is suppose to do like involve in human trafficking and drug smuggle, weapon import and what not. But he only do the weapons export thing. And here is the catch people think it is for bad cause that he smuggles them to terrorists but instead for years he had been making those fake deals. He exports them to himself only and later blow them up. It is not easy but somehow with the help of his trusted people he had been pulling it of. As for the money part which gangs earn from the smuggles and which is required to keep the group working, Jeremy's grandad left a lot of fortune and Greg also incorporates the money which they loot from other gangs when he successfully brings them down. As for money needed for himself and give a good life to his family, he owns a small company which also serve as a good cover to hide his real business.

"Omg, your room is amazing." Jeremy exclaimed as he took a seat beside me and I beamed at him but soon return to my initial mood.

"So.." I urged him.

"Okay here you go." He took a deep breath and turned so he was directly facing me.

"You know that there is this one main and the biggest group The eagle." He said rolling his eyes probably at the name because we both think how ridiculous and clichè that name is.

"Anyways, one of his man has some crucial information that can even help in bringing down the whole gang. Every single mafia man is behind him." He said and my eyes widen.

"Wow, but are you sure he has such info? Also is he crazy he must know that this will definitely lead to his death." I questioned because that is something rare. No gang would ever take that risk of leaked information, he must probably be dead by now.

"I don't know how deep this goes but dad is very sure about this. And that man is probably doing this for money, he can easily make millions of dollars. But that is not my concern, the thing is he ran off to here, Hanford." And that last sentence knocked the breath out of me.

"That is why I am here. But that is not the worst. This city is going to get converted into a hub of Mafia people soon." He told me.

"This is bad this is really really really really bad. What are we gonna do?" I asked looking at him wide eyed.

"We are not going to do anything, especially you, Nyla Luciana Henderson." He gave me a pointed look.

"WAIT A MINUTE, YOU ARE TALKING TO ME" I screamed.

"Jesus Christ woman why do you want me deaf so bad." He groaned.

"Oh shut up you ass, you have been ignoring me and not picking up my calls from two freaking months." I hit him on his arm and push him down the couch. He glared at me.

"What else you expect, when you so recklessly go out and do the only thing I asked you not to." He said with a hurt look on his face and that upset me.

"I am sorry Jer. But-"

"No buts. We never talk of that again and you promise you never do anything like that again." He said pulling me down on the floor and hugging me.

I buried my face in his chest as I recalled the events of that awful night.

Some days before I moved here, Jeremy and I were talking on the call casually when I heard the hustle on the other side of the phone. I kept on calling Jeremy's name but no one replied, instead I heard a gunshot go off. I was panicking when I heard the meek voice of Nick, one of Mr Adam's trusted man, saying that he had been shot.

Fear took over me that Jeremy must also have gotten hurt. So, without using my small little brain I opened the app which Jeremy installed on mine and Cassidie's phone so we all know where the other one is all the time and I sprinted to help him. I could have gotten killed that day, if Mrs. Adams hadn't seen me rushing to my car and stopped me from going. But I did get grounded for the two weeks that I was in Hanford and received a good lecture from my mom, dad and Mr and Mrs Adams.

"So which one of the shitface is named Matt I think I will have to rearrange his face for one daring to ask out my girl and two for having the audacity to leave her there in bad dangerous condition." Jeremy asked and I chuckled.

××××××××

Soo..... was this expected or not?

I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.2K 6 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
24.3M 1.1M 70
"I didn't ask to be in the middle of your ego-battle," I grumble. Blake pins me to my locker, hands resting on either side of my head. "Well, you got...
324K 11.6K 51
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
2.7K 227 56
(So there are some cringe moments in this book when I look back at it so if you go ahead and read this please ignore them😃) "So, what are the other...