Black Lightning: Overload

By kamjaxson

In this story Jeff, Jenn, & Anissa race against the clock to track down their team and bring them back safe... More

Chapter 1: Holey Moley
Chapter 2: The New Discovery
Chapter 3: The Last Favor
Chapter 4: Night of the Living Controllers
Chapter 5: Survival of the Powerless
Chapter 6: The Interrogation
Chapter 7: The Book Of Elements ~ Fire & Ice
Chapter 8: The Book Of Elements ~ Earth As A Person
Chapter 9: The Book Of Elements ~ Recharged
Chapter 10: The Book of Second Epiphanies
Chapter 11: The Book of War ~ Part 1
Chapter 13: Back To Life
Chapter 14: The Hostages ~ Part 1
Chapter 15: The Hostages ~ Part 2
Chapter 16: Jenn Overloaded
Chapter 17: Guess Who's Back?
Chapter 18: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 19: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 20: Finale ~ Part 3
New Book Alert!!!!!!

Chapter 12: The Book of War ~ Part 2

98 5 0
By kamjaxson

"Ok so is everyone changed out of their suits?", Jeff asks.

"Yeah, everyone's all good", Anissa says.

"Ok so here's the plan, TC's lab is very big so we have to split up, we probably took out most of the guards he has, so we will drop down in front of the building, girls are with Anissa, you all will search for Lynn, guys are with me, and we will find Uncle Gambi, take out anything in your way", Jeff says.

The team nods in  agreement, then makes their way back to the helicopter. After a fifteen minute silent ride, they arrive at TC's Lab. Jeff signals for the pilot to stop and let them off, the Team jumps off the helicopter, directly in front of the facility. The doors to the Lab open and TC walks out clapping.

"Bravo, I just can't seem to stop Team Black Lightning can I?", TC asks.

"It's over TC, give us back our Mom and Uncle and stop with all this madness", Jenn says.

"And why would I do that?", TC asks.

"Because you have nothing, we took out your guards and best believe we can take out you", Anissa says.

"You think those are my only guards", TC says laughing.

Just then about 50 guards emerge from behind them, The team turns around nervously.

"How about a quick game, your top 3 Teammates step up and battle my top 3 metas, and leave the rest of your pathetic team to battle it out with my guards", TC says as three men walk out from behind him, hands glowing, two of which were held captive in the Safehouse.

Jeff and the Team eyes widen.

"So who's it gonna be?", TC asks.

Jeff, Anissa, and Jenn step forward.

"The Pierce Family, oh this is gonna be fun" TC says.

"Here's the plan", Jeff says to the team, "Me, Anissa and Jennifer, will fight these three metas, The Boys will fight off these guards, and the girls will find a way into the building to free Gambi and Lynn".

"That's pretty risky for us don't you think", Khalil says.

"We don't have a choice", Jeff says.

"Enough plotting, This is WAR!", TC yells.

The three men hands start glowing again as they begin walking towards them. Jeff and Jenn hands light up, and Anissa takes a deep breath. The boys turn around face the guards, Brandon's eyes turn white, Dionte's hands starts glowing, and Khalil squares. 

"Grace you ready", Erica asks.

"Yeah", Grace responds.

"Amanzi you ready", Erica asks turning Amanzi's way, "Where did she go?".

"I don't know but we have no time to ask questions, let's go", Grace says running toward the building.

Jeff runs up first, the man in the middle holds out his hands and throws Jeff back to where Jenn and Anissa are.

"Some help might really be effective right about now", Jeff says.

Jenn and Anissa run up towards the men, they get ready to use their powers, but Jenn send off an immense amount of light blinding them, Anissa thunder stomps sending them flying back. After the men stand up they throw Jenn and Anissa back towards Jeff.

"This is going to go on forever", Jeff says.

"Maybe not", Anissa says getting an idea, "Dad you remember the fight with Tobias older metas, when you shorted out their powers long enough for me to Thunder Clap and knock them out".

"Yeah, what about it?", Jeff asks.

"If you and Jenn do that, we can disable their powers too", Anissa says.

"Good Idea sis", Jenn says. 

Jenn and Jeff begin shocking the men, they then pick them up with the electricity and slam them into the ground. Once the men stand back up, they hold out their hands, ready to attack again but Jeff and Jenn shock them one last time and Anissa thunder claps sending them flying back towards TC, knocking them unconscious. Jeff, Jenn, and Anissa run over and surround TC.

"Stand Down, Pierce family this ain't a game you wanna play", TC says.

"Your out numbered", Anissa says.

"You can't beat all of us", Jenn says.

"Nah, but I can trap you", TC says flying up in the air and trapping Jeff, Anissa, and Jenn in a bubble.

They try to break out as the air inside the bubble starts to go out. TC lands back on the ground. Jeff looks at the boys for help, but they're getting their tails handed to them by all the guards. One of the guards puts his hand around Khalil's neck choking him, Khalil struggles to breathe, as he starts falling to the ground he throws a knife across the field at the bubble, splitting it down the middle.

Jeff, Anissa, and Jenn fall out gasping for air. Jeff sends a lighting bolt at the guard whose choking Khalil, Khalil stands up gasping for air. Just then a bright light emerges from the forest.

"What's that?", Jenn asks.

Just then Amanzi appears floating in the air.

"I think Amazi got her powers back", Jeff says.

"If you're on the ground you're not safe", Amanzi says.

Dionte grabs, Brandon and Khalil and flies up. Jenn and Jeff grab Anissa and fly up. Just then a huge tsunami wave comes from the forest, the guards try to run away but it too late. When the wave gets near the building, Amanzi disperses it before it can hurt anyone inside. Everyone flies down. 

"Wow Amanzi that was amazing", Anissa says.

"Wait where's TC", Jeff says looking around. The team does the same.

"I thought you'd be more worried about where I was", a woman's voice says.

The team turns around to see Erica, Grace, Lynn and Gambi walking out of the facility.

They all run up to them exchanging hugs and kisses. 

"Took y'all long enough", Gambi says.

"We've been a little busy", Jeff says.

"Recruiting new members I see", Gambi says.

"Oh right, meet Amanzi", Anissa says.

"Hey", Amanzi says.

"Quite the powers you have there", Gambi says, "Where did y'alll find her?".

"I would love to know all that has happened but I really need a shower, so can we discuss this back at the sanctum", Lynn says.

Jeff smiles and flags the helicopter down.

Back at the sanctum, Everyone is talking, laughing, and catching up. Gambi pulls Jeff to the side to talk to him.

"What's up", Jeff asks.

"So while me and Lynn were locked up, I discovered some really crazy thing", Gambi says.

"Like?', Jeff asks.

"That isn't TC that were up against", Gambi says.

"Yeah, no doubt", Jeff says sarcastically.

"Were up against Painkiller", Gambi says.

"But Khalil is Painkiller", Jeff says.

"No Khalil is Khalil, Painkiller isn't a person is like a disease, when TC so called trapped, Painkiller behind a fire wall, it didn't work instead Painkiller was transmitted into TC, and he's taking over TC's brain", Gambi says.

"So when you killed TC it wasn't because of Gravedigger......", Jeff starts.

"It was because of Painkiller", Gambi finishes.

"So Khalil doesn't have any bad blood inside of him anymore", Jeff says.

"Not that I know of", Gambi says.

"So how was Khalil able to switch back and forth from Painkiller but not TC?", Jeff asks.

"When Painkiller entered a metas body, he developed new powers, ones that TC can't beat", Gambi says, "So if this disease gets out, the higher it goes up the meta food chain, the more dangerous it will become".

Jeff stares at Gambi for a moment before looking at the Team.

"Let's hope it doesn't get that bad", Jeff says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 100 9
Natalie and her mom have just moved into the big city to start a new life after her father passed. The two move in with Natalie's uncle and older cou...
6.6K 275 26
This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (Thunder) and Jennifer (Lightning) protec...
2.7K 146 25
This story will follow Jennifer Pierce (Lightning) and Anissa Pierce (Thunder) as they protect the city of Freeland from new threats. With the help o...
177K 4.3K 79
Jackie and Brian just can't seem to stay away from the things that bring trouble and drama to their lives, but when they finally do, fate decides has...