Their Thief

By DRK_Stories

Theirs series book #1 (Unedited) A thief who dresses like a man to be safe. Three brothers, half-werewolf an... More

Copyright + Warning
Their Wife
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Epilogue

Thirty-seven

36K 1.4K 605
By DRK_Stories

Damaris Rana

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered rubbing my hand down my face.

I stayed seated on the couch as I watched the man at the door try to convince Vincent he had to go to the medical bay because his mother was dying and asking for him in her final moments. He was the ninth person to appear in the last week trying to lure him away from me. Max should have given up after the third guy failed.

"My mother died four years ago." Vincent bluntly stated before slamming the door in his face.

Taking a deep breath he turned around to face me with his arms crossed and levelled me with a glare. "How long does Max plan to play this childish game?"

I sunk down and pulled the throw up to my chin. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Shaking his head, he went back to the dining table where he was working on his laptop before being interrupted. I would have volunteered to get the door, but considering how when I tried to last time I was almost tackled to the floor by him, I decided against it.

Though I had a hint of fear lingering in my mind regarding Vincent, most of it was gone by now. With each day that passed where I was stuck with him, I realized he wasn't as scary as I first thought. He was more like a cranky old grandpa who yells at kids to get off his lawn and gets hated for it while everyone is unaware that he's doing it to protect the garden his deceased wife cared for so much. Except, in this case, he's trying to protect his life and it's not because of sediments but because of fear. It's become very clear during the time I've had him practically stuck to me that he's terrified of Alec, Luca, and Jace. I'm starting to think Max is the only one who's not.

I continued to browse through the list of shows trying to find one to start. Just when I settled on one, I tensed as Vincent's phone rang.

"Yes, King Luca," he answered. "She's right here," he replied after a pause before walking over to me with the phone.

Since they left, all three had been calling at least once a day to check on me. Alec and Luca usually called once in the morning and once before I went to bed, and Jace mostly texted me and sent random memes throughout the day. My lack of reply never stopped him. Instead, it seemed to fuel him to send more.

I grabbed the phone from Vincent's outstretched hand. "Hello?"

"Hey, Love, how's your morning going?"

A shiver went down my spine at the sound of his voice. Ever since they left, I'd been feeling tensed and anxious, like I was missing or forgetting something important. The sound of their voices momentarily relaxed me until they ended the call, or well technically when I made up an excuse to hang up most of the time.

"Fine," I answered.

"Hmm," Luca answered, disappointed that I was still replying with as few words as possible. "Have you eaten, yet?"

"No, I'm waiting for Max and Lola." I could hear Vincent stop typing and release a frustrated sign before continuing.

Luca lets out a chuckle. "Don't let Max drag you into trouble, and tell him to leave Vince alone, I think that man is close to blowing a blood vessel because of him at this point."

"Hmm," I agreed, nodding my head. Max really was out to annoy Vincent. He had been since the first moment I saw them together in the same room.

"Is Jace taking care of you properly?"

I froze at Luca's question. Clearing my throat, I answered. "Yeah." Thankfully my voice didn't crack at the lie. Jace had told me not to let them know he wasn't here whenever they called. He didn't threaten me or anything this time, but I still didn't want to risk being punished.

Memories of his whip flashed through my head. It seemed like it had happened years ago when only it had been a few months. Lying to Luca caused my hands to shake and sweat to line my brows, but if I had to choose which of the two's anger to face, I would choose Luca's.

"Good, he better be," Luca answered, not questioning my answer. "So, I have a question for you."

I swallowed. "Yes?"

"What's your favourite flower?"

His question threw me off. Favourite flower? He had been asking me at least one question about myself whenever he called. Mostly they were questions like where did I grew up and who my parents were. I always responded with short vague answers or even lies for those I didn't want to tell the truth about. Asking something as simple as what my favourite flower is, was a surprise. I thought he'd ask something more important or invasive.

"Umm, I like peonies."

"That's a beautiful flower. Just like you." I could hear the smile in his voice.

I flushed at the compliment, even though it was a lie. There was no way I was pretty, not compared to the women I had seen around their home so far. They all had smooth skin, silky hair, and looked like runway models. My skin was marred in scars and stretch marks, my hair was dry and frizzy, and I looked like the furthest thing from a model with my short height and lack of hand to eye coordination.

"Hmm, thanks," I replied, even though I didn't believe him.

"Is there anything you want? We're about to head back soon, I don't mind stopping on the way to grab you anything."

His words caused a weight I didn't know I was carrying to be lifted. He told me that they would be back today when he called yesterday. My heart had been racing in anticipation ever since and his words only served to make it race even faster. I furrowed my brows at my reaction, confused.

"No, I'm good."

"Hmm, if you change your mind don't hesitate to call me," he said, knowing full well that I wouldn't call him even if I did. "Or you can tell Vince or Max," he tacked on.

He continued to ask me more insignificant questions about my likes and dislikes were. He also sounded smugly pleased to learn that I was continuing to choose his room to sleep in at night.

"We'll be back in a few hours before the party. I'll come see you before I'm trapped in a room with those stuffy bastards with sticks up their asses and greed in their eyes." His voice lowered and deepened. "I can't wait to hold you in my arms once again. It's all I've been thinking of for the past week."

I flushed at his words, memories of his electric touches and velvety lips flashed through my mind. My heart rate picked up, but I remained silent.

"Bye, love, I'll be seeing you soon."

After ending the call, I stared at the black screen of the phone while self-loathing replaced the warm feeling he had left me with. Just last week I was afraid they were going to force themselves on me to try to impregnate me, but now my body was growing warm just at the thought of Luca's lips on my skin and I was relieved they were returning? I clenched my fists. Was this Stockholm syndrome? Or was my father right and I was becoming the whore he said I would be?

My thoughts were interrupted when the double doors were slammed open.

"I come bearing food!" Max announced as he strode in. Following behind him, the girl I noticed the last time I was in the slave passage rolled in a cart loaded with various kinds of breakfast food.

Looking at her closely, I noticed that she was in better condition. Her clothes, although thin and stiff, were clean and looked new. Her skin lacked the dirt and grime it was covered in last time, and her hair looked freshly washed and brushed. Her feet that were once bare were clade in white canvas shoes, and her skin had colour it once lacked. Overall, she seemed healthier and more energetic.

Max flopped onto the couch beside me while the girl went to the dining table on the opposite end of where vincent sat and laid out the food.

"The red velvet pancakes are for Damaris, sweety!" he called over his shoulder.

The girl jumped before nodding and placing a plate of pancakes where I've consistently been sitting at every meal. After setting the table, she rolled the cart out quietly to the door, turned and bowed her head at us, then left.

"Let's eat, sweet cheeks," max said, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

He didn't need to tell me twice. My mouth started watering the moment they walked into the room and I was hit with the faint, warm, cinnamon, tart scent that lay under that of eggs, bacon, and maple syrup.

I got up and was a step ahead of him as we head to the table.

"Where's Lola?" I asked. She's been around as much as Max and had been having every meal with us.

Max rolled his eyes. "She has a meeting with her coven bitch."

I scrunched my nose up as I sat in front of my plate that held a stack of pink-tinted pancakes. As I continued to eat blood laced food, the proportions given to me became bigger, and the pure animalistic need to devour everything lessened so I could eat more like a civilized person.

I grabbed my fork and used the side to cut into the stack, ignoring the knife placed neatly by my plate. "She's here?" I asked around a mouthful of heaven.

He shook his head, sitting across from me. "No, that bitch called to get a second opinion about the finale steps for what Alec and Luca need." He took a bite of one of the strips of bacon that was piled on his plate in a mini mountain. "She'd die before admitting it, but I'm pretty sure Lola's a better witch than she'll ever be. She's probably demanding she go back because she can't handle that shit on her own."

I deflated at his words. I liked Lola, I didn't want her to leave. Luca said to ask him if I wanted anything, maybe I could ask him if Lola could stay. Talking to her this past week made it clear that she's dreading the call telling her to return, so I don't think she'd be opposed to it. I'd ask her when I saw her later.

Thinking of later reminded me of the plan that was set to take place tomorrow. I looked up at Max as he continued to devour his food, then glanced towards Vincent who was still sitting at the end of the table with his computer, sipping from a glass filled with a thick, red liquid.

Blood.

I shiver in disgust and slight fear despite knowing that I'm also consuming blood at the moment. Thinking about it, it's more disgusting that I'm consuming it than the vampire. That's what vampires do.

I still don't know as much as I should about the world I had been forced into. Besides seeing wolves roaming the woods while looking out of the windows, and people drinking blood or moving faster than it should be possible, I haven't been exposed to much. I don't even know if there are more kinds of supernatural beings out there than I have been told about.

Max caught my eye when I glanced back at him. We hadn't had a chance to discuss the plan further since we created it. What if my lack of knowledge backfires and ruins our chances? Vincent hasn't let me leave his sights since the moment he found me again and all of Max's attempts to get me alone have failed. I know Max would tell me anything I need to be careful about, but he can't do that without raising suspicion if Vincent is around.

Understanding passed between us. He glanced towards Vincent before winking at me. Engrossed in his work, vincent doesn't notice Max mouthing and signalling me to run out the door when I have the chance and to hide in the passageways. I grimace while taking my final bite. Whatever that is about to happen is going to result in a very pissed of Vincent.

Finishing his food, Max shoved his chair back with force. Vincent looked from his laptop and pointed a scowl at Max who was approaching him. His scowl turned to confusion as Max got closer to him. When max stopped in front of him, vincent pushed his chair back, putting distance between them again. Max lifted a hand towards his face and vincent flinched back from it like it was a poisonous snake.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Vincent questioned in outrage.

Now that I thought about it, I've never seen them so close together. There had always been a few meters of distance between them whenever they were in the same room.

"I've been thinking," Max said, taking another step. "Why are you the only one who has a say in this? You're mine as much as I am yours. So, why can't I decide to further this if you can decide to act like I don't exist?"

After a moment of silence, Vincent released a mocking laugh. "Are you a masochist? Do it, Max. It won't affect me in any way. You're the one that will suffer when I fuck, not me."

Max's face flashed with pain before twisting with anger. "I wouldn't be so sure about that."

Vincent threw his head back, laughing so hard he had to wipe a tear from his eye. "Yes, I am. No one wants you. If you could get someone to fuck you, even if it was a damn pity fuck, you would have done that by now. But you're still a virgin who's never had his dick touched." He smirked with malice when Max flinched at his words. "So touch me, Max, further this damn mistake of a bond so I have another way to make it clear how much I don't want you."

Max's lower lip quivered before he pressed his lips into a tight line and clenched his shaking hands into tight fists. Before I could even process it, Max was straddling Vincent's lap and had his face between both his hands. His lips locked on his.

I sat watching the scene, wide-eyed and frozen, just like Vincent. When Max moved a hand to tightly grip Vincent's hair in his fist, Vincent's eyes shut and he grunted.

That snapped me out of my shock. I shut my gaping mouth and quietly but quickly got up from my seat and headed for the door. No doubt in my mind that this was the chance Max was talking about. As I quietly shut the door behind me, I heard something heavy thump to the ground followed by glass smashing and muffled yelling.

I hesitated a moment with worry for Max. Swallowing I turned and ran in the direction of the closest entrance to the passages. Vincent wouldn't hurt Max. He knows I care for him and that hurting him would upset me and get him in his Kings bad books. Max has my friendship as a shield. If he didn't, I felt like Vincent would have already killed him for how annoying he's been.

I blindly rushed around the corner and was hit with deja vu as I slammed into a hard body. Hands gripped my arms to steady me. I gasped at the feel of sparks through the thin sleeves of Luca's shirt that I borrowed. For some reason I found myself wearing his shirts rather than the ones that someone had filled half his closet for me with.

"If I knew being apart would make you run into my arms, I would have tried it out sooner, princess."

The familiar scent of summer days with apple pies coated with cinnamon sugar overwhelmed my senses. The heady scent overtook my senses, making my mind blank until all I could focus was on that intoxicating scent. Compared to the subtle scent that accompanied my meals, this was like a punch in the gut.

Swaying, my hands reached out and curled into the soft fabric of his shirt as my eyes lifted and collided with the green of his. I pulled him closer with desperation, lifting to my toes in an attempt to bury my nose in the crook of his neck. A whimper escaped my lips when I found that he was too tall. Reaching up, I wrapped my arm around his neck and tugged him closer.

"Woah, princess," he said in surprise while stumbling forward.

My back hit the wall as Jace braced his forearms against the wall on either side of my head. His back was curved over making it possible for me to bury my nose where the scent was the strongest. I inhaled deeply, moaning as the scent filled my nose and warmth surged through my body. Heat flooded between my legs and unable to help myself, I licked a line up his neck needing to taste him. His arm wrapped around my waist as he released a strangled groan.

He pulled away slightly and looked down at me with darkening eyes in confusion. "Princess, not that I mind what's happening, but-"

My lips crashed against his with a bruising force, cutting off his words. Wrapping my arms tightly around his neck, I jumped up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. I bit his bottom lip and pulled on it before swiping my tongue across it. His answering moan vibrated through my body, electricity shooting straight to my clit. My hardened nipples rubbed against his chest as I shoved my tongue into his mouth and ground my core against his hard stomach, desperate for release.

His tongue danced with mine, taking over the control I had at the beginning of the kiss. His moans made my heart light up and satisfaction at pleasing him to flood my mind. Wanting to satisfy him further, I reached one of my hands down between us and cupped his hardened length through his jeans.

He hissed and thrust against my palm. He deepened the kiss and I tried to match his intensity but was left gasping when he gripped my hair in a tight hold near my scalp and pulled away.

He rested his forehead against mine with his eyes closed as I squirmed to get my lips back on his. His grip in my hair tightened. The sharp pain caused by his hold momentarily cleared my lust-filled mind, but it wasn't enough to stop me from rubbing myself against him. His harsh breaths fanned over my face, carrying the fresh scent of mint. He pressed me harder against the wall to hold me up and removed the arm around my waist. He grabbed my hip with his large hand to stop me from rubbing my core against him.

Opening his eyes, he looked at me. His irises swirled with darkness, a hint of red peeking through. He continued to look at me with his lust-filled eyes but didn't make a move to get closer

Slowly the lust bled into concern. "I love this development, princess, but-"

A shocked and strangled gasp cut him off.

"Release her you beast!"

We were suddenly separated with Max standing between us. A whimper escaped my lips at the loss of Jace's touch.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Here I've been being a good wingman and helping you idiots out, just to find you attacking her the first chance you get! Sometimes I wonder why I even try!"

"Wha- but- No! If anyone was attacked here, it was me!" Jace said, flabbergasted.

"Jace, I expected better than this from you," Max said while shaking his head. "Sure I'd expect Alec to take advantage of her confused emotions after being separated from you for so long, but I thought you'd respect her enough to stop."

"I did!" Jace exclaimed. "I got caught up by the suddenness, but I stopped it the moment she tried taking things further than I thought she was ready for!"

"You should have stopped the moment it began!" Max said with a hand on his hip.

Another whimper bubbled to my lips as a look of panic and guilt took over Jace's face. I didn't like that look on his face.

"Princess," he started taking a step forward but was stopped by Max. "I'm so sorry! I should have had better control over myself. I know you're not ready for anything physical between us yet. Please believe me, I would never touch you like that until you're ready." He pleaded to me with his eyes.

I tried taking a step towards him, needing to comfort him, but Max stopped me.

"Enough Jace, let her calm down. You can have this conversation after the party or tomorrow. You both need some time to clear your heads. Come on, Damaris," Max said, dragging me away from a guilt-ridden Jace. I tried to pull away and go back, but Max was stronger than me.

The further we got from Jace, the more my mind cleared as the scent that hypnotized me faded. With clearer senses, I was suddenly and unexpectedly hit with guilt.

"Max," I started, hesitantly, "that wasn't his fault, I was the one who-"

"I know, I know," he said cutting me off. "I just needed to say whatever I could that would let me drag you away before you jumped on his dick."

My mouth opened and closed. I was about to deny his claim and go at him for even suggesting I would want Jace like that and ask him what the fuck had just happened for me to react like that, but stop when I noticed his tense jaw and red-rimmed eyes. He had been crying.

"Max?" I hesitantly asked.

"What, sweet cheeks?" he asked as he opened the entrance to the passages I was headed towards before I encountered Jace.

"Are you okay?"

He turned to me after we both entered and the entrance shut behind us, cutting off the light in the hallway. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He tried to smile at me reassuringly, but I could see it was strained and forced.

"Vincent-"

He scoffed, turning away from me. "Vincent thinks too highly of himself. Don't worry about it. Do I look like someone who would let stupid words get to him?"

I didn't answer. His words said one thing, but his clenched fists told the truth. I followed behind him in silence, neither one of us attempting to make conversation as we each process what had happened. Him, thinking about what had happened with Vincent, and me about what had happened with Jace.

* * *

Luca king

I hung up with a sigh. This wasn't the way I wanted to be learning everything about my love. I wanted to be able to see her face, see what questions excited her and what questions she answered purely because she felt obligated to. I wanted to listen to her go on and on as she told me about herself.

The distance between us was growing harder to handle with each passing day. In the beginning, tracking, hunting, and fighting demons was able to keep my mind occupied. But these past few days that we had been stuck at Rosalia's coven while she enchanted the blade, I only grew restless without Damaris. Each passing second, my desire to hold her in my arms grew stronger. I clenched my fists. Soon.

A knock at the bedroom door drew my attention.

"Alpha King," Charles said, bowing his head.

"Charles, start the car while we deal with Rosalia. We'll be taking the back roads home. It's a longer drive but we should get back faster due to the lack of traffic."

"Yes, Alpha King."

Right after he bowed and left, Alec entered the room adjusting his cuff links. He was dressed to impress in his tailored navy suit.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my hair back to put it up in a small bun. While he dressed for business, I choose casual, wearing a white t-shirt with grey joggers. I adjust my glasses that I've worn ever since we escaped so long ago. They reduced the intensity of my eyesight so I didn't have to suffer through the constant overstimulation after years of being locked in the darkness. I wasn't able to readjust as easily as my brothers after being free, instead, I clutched the glasses like a safety net.

I turned to face him with crossed arms, the material of my shirt stretched tautly. "So, how do you plan to deal with Rosalia? I didn't stop you and Jace last time because I thought it wouldn't affect Damaris as much. After all, she is human, but I sure as fuck am not going to let you touch her this time. I'm not letting you follow through with what you promised. I'm not letting you do that to our mate."

Alec scoffed. "I didn't promise Rosalia anything. I said we could talk about it after she's created the blade for us. Not my fault she didn't listen carefully while blinded by lust and power." He straightened his suit jacket before heading back out the door. "Come on," he said over his shoulder. "Let's get this over with so we can return to Damaris."

Shaking my head I followed after him.

We entered Rosalia's office without knocking. Alec strode over to the armchair across from her as she looked up at us with a sweat-drenched face. I remained by the door, leaning against the frame.

On the desk in front of her lay a dagger with a faint black glow laced with violet wisps. Dark essence. The corner of my lips curled up. She did it.

"Excellent," Alec said, clapping his hands once. "I see you have successfully finished."

He reached for the dagger, grabbed it, then leaned back in his seat while inspecting it. "Good work," he said twirling the blade between his fingers before sliding it into the inner pocket of his suit. "I will have a gift hand-delivered to you to express my appreciation for this. I'll also send a few of my men to ensure that your mother cannot cause you any harm." He rose to his feet. "This has been fun, but we must get going now."

The exhaustion fled Rosalia's eyes and was replaced with confusion, "But- what about our deal?"

A smile spread across my lips when Alec answered. "What deal?"

"You said- you said I would get you three if I did this!" she said, rising to her feet.

Alec threw his head back with a laugh. "I said no such thing."

"Yes, you did-"

"No, I said that it was a possibility and that we could discuss it afterwards. Now that we're discussing it, the answer is no."

Rosalia's mouth opened and closed. Anger contorted her features. "You tricked me!"

A cold smile graced Alec's face. "It's not my fault you don't pay closer attention to the terms of an agreement. You are solely to blame for this. Now," he took a threatening step towards her. "My brothers and I thank you for your work. Me and Luca are going to leave, and we will send you some men for protection. Hell, I'll even through in a shipment of those illegal herbs you've been trying to find on the dark market." Her face paled at the mention of the herbs. "Considering that I'm waving the death penalty that goes hand in hand with trying to gain those herbs and giving them to you, I feel that I've more than paid for my end of the deal. Don't you agree?"

Rosalia sat back down and placed her trembling hands in her lap. "Yes, Alpha King." Her voice was a whisper and her head was bowed in submission.

"Great, we're done here."

I chuckled as I turned to head to the front door, Alec following behind.

"See, you were needlessly worrying yourself, brother," he said clapping his hand on my shoulder, a faint smile on his lips.

* * *

The silence that had enveloped us as Charles drove down the empty back roads was interrupted by the sound of metal meeting metal. My phone was launched from my hand, much like I was launched from my seat. Weightlessness. It's all I felt as the car flipped through the air before it landed in the grassy fields on side of the road. The impact jarred my teeth as I landed on the roof of the upturned car.

Growling, I crawled out the broken window and found Alec holding Charles up against a nearby tree by the neck with one hand while the other gripped his hair. Without hesitation he curled his claws into his throat before ripping them out, leaving his head attached to his body by only a few ligaments that snapped, unable to hold the weight of his body. His decapitated body twitched on the ground before stilling, dead. Dropping his head beside it, Alec turned in the direction of the road.

Following his gaze, my eyes locked onto the last people I expected. Now I understood the suspicious glances Charles kept throwing into the car mirrors and why Alec killed him. If he didn't I would have. But I would have waited until after I could question him.

I clenched my jaw, shaking my head. We found our mole.

"Magnus. Jane," Alec spit out through his clenched teeth. His lips turned up into a sinister grin. "Ah, it's so nice of you to visit us." He spread his arms out. "You saved us the trouble of having to come find you."

"You abominations! You should have been killed in your mother's womb! We are here to correct the goddess's mistake!" Magnus shouted with a red face that his pale skin and blond hair only accentuated.

I chuckled. Him and his preacher rants. He must know on some level how insane he sounds to others.

Jane turned her disgust filled eyes towards me. Before I could say something to rile her up further, her lips started moving rapidly and her dark hair lifted as the air around us became charged with electricity. A large force slammed against my chest and I was sent flying back, crashing into the flipped car behind me.

Groaning, I got to my feet as Magnus pulled a dagger out of his pocket that had the same dark glow like the one Alec now held in his hands. Cracking my neck, side to side, I stalked towards Jane as Alec approached Magnus.

"That wasn't very nice, now was it?" I asked while nearing her.

"I'm not here to play nice," she sneered, reaching a hand to the back pocket of her jeans and drawing a smaller dagger with the same dark glow.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

A crazed smile overtook Jane's face before she lunged at me. Her lips continued to move rapidly and I found myself suddenly weighed down by an invisible force. I dropped to my knees just as Magnus cried out in pain. Jane stopped casting her spell to look towards her partner. It was all I needed.

I lunged at Jane as her head was turned. I knocked the blade from her hand, breaking her wrist in the process, and reached my hand out to grab her by the throat. Just as I saw victory approach, it was snatched when I was launched backwards when my hand grazed her skin. A protection spell.

She was on me before my vision could regain focus. The spells caused disorientation and I knew as the blade cut through the air towards my heart that this was the end. I couldn't get my limbs to follow my orders. They twitched at my sides attempting to follow my will, but not being able to as electric currents sent conflicting messages to my nerves.

I closed my eyes and prayed to the goddess that having three mates would lessen the loss my love would feel. My heart clenched. I wouldn't get to experience or share the moments that I've dreamed of with Damaris. My only hope was that Alec would manage to kill these two deranged lunatics and eliminate the threat to our mate. That he and Jace grow the fuck up and treat her right, make her happy.

A choked cough interrupted my final thoughts and a warm liquid splashed across my face.

"Huh, that was easier than I thought it would be," Alec said as the weight on me lifted and the electric currents fizzled out.

I opened my eyes to find him pulling the dagger out of Jane's back on the side her heart was located. Once removed, he tossed her body to the side. Sitting up, I continued to trail him with my wide eyes as he approached Magnus's dead body that lay near Charles, face down. He knelt down and started searching his pockets. Finding what he was looking for, he got up with keys in his hand.

He looked over his shoulder at me. "Are you just going to sit there, or are you going to drive? He got my arm pretty bad, it's going to take a while to heal."

He tossed the keys towards me and walked to the blue Honda civic with the busted front bumper that sat on the road. The keys hit my chest and fell into my lap. I just stared at them while the shock of how close I truly was to death worked its way through me.

"Come on, brother!" Alec shouted as he leaned back against the passenger side door. "We can't stay here all day while you process. Even though we've eliminated the direct threat to our mate, I would still like to shower then see her before the party."

I lifted the bottom of my shirt and wiped the blood off my face. Grabbing the keys in my lap, I got up to my feet and strode towards the car. Unlocking it I got in the driver's side while Alec groaned as he got in the passenger seat. We sat there in silence.

"I thought our encounter with them would have been more climactic, I'm actually a bit disappointed," Alec said breaking it.

I smacked him on his bleeding arm, causing him to hiss in pain. "Shut up."

He chuckled. "Don't worry, brother. I won't tell Damaris how I had to come to your rescue if you don't want me to," he said with a shrug.

I grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him in for a tight hug. He groaned in pain before hugging me back just as tight. He and I both know how close of a call that was.

"We can relax now, Luca. They're gone. You're alive. And she's safe for now."

Their Thief: Book 1 is complete and available on Patreon.

Their Thief: Redemption is currently being updated on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/xoDirtyLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 22.3K 49
Book 1 He was cast to the edges of his clan. His father could not stand to even look at him. His baby sister probably didn't even know he was her b...
49.1K 850 38
**If you see or read this book on any other platform, it's been stolen and plagiarized. This is the ONLY forum that has my permission to publish my...
192K 6.7K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
204K 8.2K 34
THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK IN A DARK PARANORMAL REVERSE HAREM SERIES. DARK= TRIGGER WARNINGS (LIST AT BOTTOM). REVERSE HAREM= ONE FEMALE AND MULTIPLE MAL...