Just a Dream || Gilbert Blyth...

By iluvbeyonce

This story is about Y/n Davis. She's been best friends with Gilbert Blythe since they were babies. They've b... More

1.1
1.2
1.3
1.5
1.6
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8 (1/2)
3.8 (2/2)
3.9
3.10
3.11 (1/2)
3.11 (2/2)
3.12 (Finale)
A/N

1.4

11.8K 263 516
By iluvbeyonce

{1468 Words}

[Recap]
[Gilbert's POV]

I was going to ask y/n if she would like to come with me into town but when I turn around I see her jump with a smile on her face in excitement. Gosh she is cute.

*Saturday*

I put on a Rose Pink colored dress and white ribbon in my hair. Today I'm going with Gilbert to this pond I saw, not sure what I should call it since I never saw a sign near it. I'm very excited to go with Gilbert, we haven't hung out very much since he came back, but I know he probably didn't mean to. He's coming over at 12:30 and it's only 12 so I have a little bit of time to pack some food. This way we could have a picnic by the pond if we get hungry! I did make sure to put on a dress that is okay to get messy with, considering the fact that we are going to a pond I assume my dress will get dirt or mud stains. I'm gonna just pack a lunch for us both and then wait outside.

[Gilbert's POV]

"Are you sure it's okay if I go? I could cancel plans, I'm sure y/n will understand. Are you gonna be okay?" My father is sick and sitting in his bed, he swears it's okay for me to go with y/n but if something happens when I'm gone then what will happen.

"Yes, you worry too much about me, I'll be fine" my father responds with a genuine smile. "Now you best be on your way to your date." He chuckles.

"It is not a date, we are simply hanging out." I told him.

"Is that why you changed your shirt 10 times?"

"Yeah yeah, it's not a date, we're just hanging out like we used to." I answered.

"Okay well you best be on your way if you wanna make it on time" My father smiles at me, I do wish he would get better, although I know he isn't. But can't leave y/n waiting for our "date" as my father calls it.

[Y/n's POV]

I see Gilbert walking towards my house when I look out the window, he looks very nice.

I quickly walk into the Kitchen and grab my basket, inside the basket I packed some lunch for Gilbert & I, some of my mother's bread she made a while ago, milk and 2 mangos.

I step outside and see Gilbert by the steps of my house.

"Hello Gilbert" I cheerily greet him.

He just chuckles at me and says "Hello, ready to go?"

"Yes" I say as I close my door and begin the walk with Gilbert.

"Now where is this pond you speak of?" He questions while looking down at me.

"You'll see when we get there" I say smiling.
"But in the meantime what shall we talk about, it's up to you because my mind has gone blank"

"Well umm, Anne has came back to school so that's new" he says.

"Yeah I suppose, she is rather good with school for an orphan" I say not thinking

"What?" He questions with an angry face as he looks at me.

"I didn't mean it like that Gilbert" I tell him.

"What's being an orphan supposed to do with her school? No please do tell." Yup he's angry now.

"I wasn't thinking of my choice of words, sorry" I say before looking down as we both continue walking.
We stay like this for a while.

"I understand if you wanna turn around and go back home, but I really didn't mean for it to come out like that." I tell Gilbert.

"I'm not turning around to walk back home after walking all this way" he looks at me and smiles. "Plus I know you brought food so how could I resist" he jokes.

We both laugh and continue our walk, we are almost to our destination. We walk a while longer until we finally reach the beautiful pond.
We both just look at the beautiful sight of the pond and the way the trees sway back and forth along with the wind. The way the leaves around are flowing with the wind. I turn to Gilbert and smile at him.

We both look at each other for a second,

Gilbert is the one who breaks the eye contact.

"This sure is beautiful, definitely worth the long walk" He smiles at me.

"Yes it was worth the walk" I agree. I set down our picnic by the water. It's calm out here and quiet. Only the sounds of the wind and birds nearby can be heard.

"We haven't really hung out in a while just us like we used to" I say not looking at him but looking at the glistening water.

"Yeah, we should start hanging out again" I catch a glimpse of his smile from the corner of my eye.

I lay down and close my eyes just listening to the birds chirping and the wind flowing. I have feeling there's a smiling Gilbert looking at me. I peak my eyes open slightly, not enough for him to notice and I was right.

"You know that I know your staring at me right" I say with a neutral face until I start smiling.

"I've been caught, oh nooo!" He jokes in a dramatic voice.

"Off with your head!" I say back.

He falls to the ground and plays along and he sticks out his tongue and makes a bleh noise.

"He's dead, got to go now" I say.

"Wow just gonna leave me here" He sits up again smiling.

"Oh yeah for sure, I'll run far away" I say smiling.

"This is nice, it's peaceful here." He says looking around.

"Yeah it is."

"How did you come across this anyways? This is quit far and no where near school or town." He questions looking at me sideways.

"Well when you were gone I used to leave daily and just walk around hoping to see something entertaining to occupy myself while I was bored. Until one day I was walking around and I saw a bird flying from tree to tree so I followed where it was going and it led me to this pond." I say looking up at the trees.

"Some bird huh, sounds adventurous." I know he's smiling as he says adventurous.

('̀-'́)

We stay there until we see the sun starting to slightly go down.

"Oh now we really must be going, the sun is going down." I stand up looking at Gilbert who I didn't notice fell asleep when we were laying down. He looks quit dreamy sleeping.

"Gilbert.. Gilbert!!" I shake his shoulder trying to wake him, eventually I see his eyes flutter open and watch as his pupils dilate as he looks at me.

"Come on we must get going! Before it gets too late" I grab his hand pulling him up and pack the stuff back in it's basket.

We walk home rather quickly so we make it before dark.

"I had a  fun time, Thanks for agreeing to come with me." I say turning to Gilbert as we stand outside my house.

He smiles "Thanks for inviting me, it was fun, I do enjoy your little pond area, it's nice. But anyways I should go home and see how my father is doing"

"Yeah of course, hope he's okay." I give Gilbert a hug. He hugs me back and we stand there for a while just holding each other.

He pulls away and says "I'll meet you in the morning on Monday for school, Bye Y/n."

"Bye Gilbert" I say smiling as I turn the door knob and walk in to set my stuff down. I look at the time and realize it's 6:00. We were out for about 5 hours? I guess it's not that late, my mother is making dinner so I go up to my room and get changed out of my muddy clothes.

[Skip to night time]

As I lay in bed about to go to sleep, I think of Gilbert. I could never ask for someone better than him,  Today was a great day, I'm glad I invited him. But I must go to sleep or mother will get upset about me staying up too late again.

[Gilberts POV]

As I get ready for bed I smile at the flower sitting on my desk that y/n gave me. It's a small white flower but it still looks elegant. The way y/n looked happy the whole time, does she truly have feelings for me? I should get some sleep now though, at least I'll see her on Monday.

('̀-'́)

Sorry for not updating in almost a week, I will try to update more. Thank you to the few people who have read my little book so far! And hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 1.4K 28
𝙔/𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧. 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚�...
860K 52.8K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

159K 3.7K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
664K 16.4K 27
Y/N L/N and her mom are moving to Avonlea after her father had passed away. When she arrives her whole life will change, starting with the boy she fe...