1.4

{1468 Words}

[Recap]
[Gilbert's POV]

I was going to ask y/n if she would like to come with me into town but when I turn around I see her jump with a smile on her face in excitement. Gosh she is cute.

*Saturday*

I put on a Rose Pink colored dress and white ribbon in my hair. Today I'm going with Gilbert to this pond I saw, not sure what I should call it since I never saw a sign near it. I'm very excited to go with Gilbert, we haven't hung out very much since he came back, but I know he probably didn't mean to. He's coming over at 12:30 and it's only 12 so I have a little bit of time to pack some food. This way we could have a picnic by the pond if we get hungry! I did make sure to put on a dress that is okay to get messy with, considering the fact that we are going to a pond I assume my dress will get dirt or mud stains. I'm gonna just pack a lunch for us both and then wait outside.

[Gilbert's POV]

"Are you sure it's okay if I go? I could cancel plans, I'm sure y/n will understand. Are you gonna be okay?" My father is sick and sitting in his bed, he swears it's okay for me to go with y/n but if something happens when I'm gone then what will happen.

"Yes, you worry too much about me, I'll be fine" my father responds with a genuine smile. "Now you best be on your way to your date." He chuckles.

"It is not a date, we are simply hanging out." I told him.

"Is that why you changed your shirt 10 times?"

"Yeah yeah, it's not a date, we're just hanging out like we used to." I answered.

"Okay well you best be on your way if you wanna make it on time" My father smiles at me, I do wish he would get better, although I know he isn't. But can't leave y/n waiting for our "date" as my father calls it.

[Y/n's POV]

I see Gilbert walking towards my house when I look out the window, he looks very nice.

I quickly walk into the Kitchen and grab my basket, inside the basket I packed some lunch for Gilbert & I, some of my mother's bread she made a while ago, milk and 2 mangos.

I step outside and see Gilbert by the steps of my house.

"Hello Gilbert" I cheerily greet him.

He just chuckles at me and says "Hello, ready to go?"

"Yes" I say as I close my door and begin the walk with Gilbert.

"Now where is this pond you speak of?" He questions while looking down at me.

"You'll see when we get there" I say smiling.
"But in the meantime what shall we talk about, it's up to you because my mind has gone blank"

"Well umm, Anne has came back to school so that's new" he says.

"Yeah I suppose, she is rather good with school for an orphan" I say not thinking