Yellow (George Weasley)

By solemn-swear

"I jumped across for you Oh, what a thing to do 'Cause you were all yellow" - Leah Hadleigh is no stranger to... More

1 - Ford Anglia
2 - The Weasleys
3 - Late Night Snack
4 - Wiggenweld
5 - Hallowe'en
6 - Quidditch
7 - Serpents
8 - The Chamber
9 - Sighting
10 - Black Dog
11 - The Map
12 - Snowmen
13 - Peaceful Potions
14 - Fireworks and Filch
15 - Quidditch World Cup
16 - Dark Mark
17 - Tri-Wizard Tournament
18 - The Goblet
19 - Amortentia
20 - Well Done Dragon
21 - Firewhisky
22 - Dates
23 - Escape
24 - Yule Ball
25 - Promises
26 - Black Lake
27 - Treasure
28 - Moody
29 - Three Broomsticks
30 - Inside Out
31 - Maze
32 - The Order
33 - Fishing
34 - Extendable Ears
35 - Umbridge-itis
36 - Decrees
37 - Filch's Secret Admirer
38 - Weasley is Our King
39 - First Christmas
40 - Black Quill
41 - Goodbyes
42 - The Exit
43 - Ministry of Magic
44 - Last Ride
45 - Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
47 - Lily
48 - First Meeting
49 - Visit
50 - Sprouts
51 - Christmas Pudding
52 - Ring of Fire
53 - Zonko's
54 - The Guard
55 - Astronomy Tower
56 - Dumbledore
57 - Snatchers
58 - Seven Potters
59 - Saint Like
60 - Romanian Guest
61 - The Shed
62 - Bill & Fleur
63 - Interrogations
64 - Registry
65 - The Trial
66 - The Lovegood's
67 - Dora
68 - Uno
69 - Aunt Muriel's
70 - April Fools
71 - Galleons
72 - Nightmares
73 - Limbo
74 - Harry's Return
75 - The Last Battle
76 - Calm After the Storm
77 - A Surprising Dinner
78 - Return to Wheezes
79 - Fruit
80 - Summer Nights
81 - Hens and Stags
82 - The Wedding
83 - The Reception
84 - Pygmy Puffs and Explosions
85 - Jealousy
86 - Charing Cross
87 - Lightbulb
88 - Move In
89 - Mistletoe
90 - Peanut Butter Pickles
91 - Welcome
92 - Parenthood
Epilogue
Authors Note

46 - U-No-Poo

15.1K 400 97
By solemn-swear

"Step up, step up!" The twins shouted in unison as people began to file into their store. The three of us had gotten up bright and early this morning, Fred and George wanted to make sure they looked their best every day. Fred claimed that looking good was part of the reason they had been so successful. We hadn't quite got a uniform down for me, but I had decided on a blouse that happened to coordinate with the outfits they had chosen and a skirt.

"We've got Fainting Fancies." George grinned down at the swarm of students.

"Nosebleed nougats." Fred added.

"And just in time for school..." George smiled.

"Puking Pastilles!" Fred finished with a dramatic gesture towards the already crowded section that held their Skiving Snackboxes.

The two of them were having the time of their lives selling to all of these students. It was certainly worth all of the hard work over the last couple months. This has been their dream for years. Someone to carry on the pranking legacy. If everyone's buying their products that legacy will never die. Customers looked around in awe at the thousands of products lining each shelf. Children tugged their parents hands eagerly into the store before dashing through the aisles. There was quite a feeling of bliss to see the look of pure amazement behind their eyes—and I'm sure I had a similar look when I first stepped foot in Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

I stood behind the till as the boys continued to advertise their numerous products. I was actually getting quite busy at the counter. A lot of customers bought the Weasley products as if they were school supplies. No one wanted to risk getting caught in class with no escape. People continued to file in all day. Most of the time they were drawn in by the fireworks or the flying toys whizzing by, but stayed for the ingenious products.

A younger boy was examining one of their products when the two twins approached him. "Into the cauldron, handsome." They spoke simultaneously, holding up one of the little cauldron shopping baskets. They sure do know how to get their products sold. They really make great salesmen. They had decided early on it would be best to advertise in person throughout the store—mainly ensuring they got to roam around and play with everything.

"Leah, dear!" I heard Mrs. Weasley's voice as she and her husband cut across the store. They had mentioned finally coming down the shop today and bringing the whole family, aside from Bill who had already been by. "How are you? Staying safe?" She practically pulled me over the till to give me a tight hug.

"Mum, it's the safest place we can be." George appeared to my left, Fred standing by my other shoulder.

"Not the way you two are provoking him!!" She hissed at the sight of her two sons.

"Ahhh. Are you referring to U-No-Poo?" Fred failed miserably at keeping a solemn expression. I knew exactly what she had seen. There was a large advertisement pasted to the front window that may come across as insulting to a certain no-nosed dark wizard.

'Why are you worrying about You-Know-Who?
You should be worrying about U-No-Poo.
The constipation sensation that's gripping the nation!'

"Yes, yes. One of our more controversial advertisements." George nodded.

"But certainly our funniest." His brother added with a laugh. A laugh that only George reciprocated as Mrs. Weasley was still glaring daggers at them while Mr. Weasley and I were too terrified to join in.

"I'm glad you think it's so funny." She shook her head, her brows furrowed. "I'm at home worried sick about you three and you're out here poking the bear!"

I was very thankful that a few customers approached me to check out so that I could avoid the uncomfortable scolding the two were getting. I had told them when I saw it that their mum would be livid—and I can't wait to say 'I told you so' later.

"Molly, dear. How about we go check out that Muggle Magic Trick section? That looks rather interesting." Mr. Weasley spoke up, steering his still red faced wife away. The twins gave their father a grateful smile and spun around to where Harry was looking at a display for Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder.

"Hey!" Ginny popped up right behind me. "How's business?"

I pulled her into a big hug before answering. "I've missed you already, Gin. And it's going really well. Who knew they'd be such great salesmen?"

"Well, it's not all that surprising. George convinced you to go out with him." She shrugged with a smirk.

"Good point." I giggled, leaning forward onto the counter as I watched him demonstrate how to work the Reusable Hangman. The boy he was showing looked on in awe as the toy walked itself up the stairs when George hit the wrong letter.

A toy balancing on a tightrope shot right over Ginny and I's heads. "I really hate children. I will have order!" It squawked.

"Is that Umbridge?" The Weasley girl gasped, a huge smile stretching across her face.

"Yup." I laughed and watched the woman struggle to keep her balance as she rode a unicycle and carried a yolk across her shoulders. "You'll find she's influenced quite a few of their toys."

"That's wicked." She laughed along with me before scurrying off to join where Hermione was looking at a vibrant pink display filled with various love potions. It was a section we had advertised to witches in particular. I was proud to see that the bundle idea I had introduced through a letter to George was just as popular as I anticipated. Witches were buying blemish cream and love potions like crazy.

The twins noticed Hermione examining a love potion in the palm of her hand and were by their side in an instant. They're moving around the room like they've each had three cups of coffee. "Hello, ladies!"

"Love potions, eh? Yeah, they really do work." George waggled his brows suggestively.

"Then again, the way we hear it, sis, you're doing just fine on your own." Fred taunted. "So we won't be selling any to you with the five boys you've got strung along."

Ginny scoffed and set the product she was looking at back down. "Meaning?" I could tell from the look in her eyes that she had gotten enough of this from Ron.

The boys exchanged a look before leaning forward onto the counter. "Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?" George rose a brow.

"It's none of your business." She rolled her eyes with a huff. "And stop listening to everything Ron tells you!"

"Gin, you can OWL me later and tell me more about this." I grinned. Her cheeks turned red as she quickly walked away, desperate to get away from her brothers.

George turned to face me as Fred helped a young boy figure out how to use their Electric Shock Shake. I shook my head when the boys hair stood out in all directions. "It's going pretty well isn't it?"

"Everyone seems to love it already." I smiled up at him. "I'm so proud of you."

He ducked his head down, pressing his lips against mine in a sweet kiss. "And I love you. Now if you'll excuse me there's some kids upstairs who need to be filling their cauldrons with some more merchandise."

Him and Fred began to walk up the stairs when they were interrupted by their younger brother. "How much for this?" He held up a Screaming Yo-Yo.

"Five galleons." They said in unison.

"How much for me?" Ron cocked his head with a smile. This isn't going to bode well for him.

"Five galleons." They repeated, clearly annunciating the words.

"I'm your brother!" He scoffed.

They exchanged a look and shrugged. "Ten galleons."

I rolled my eyes as the twin brother's laughed. I knew they wouldn't give him any kind of discount. "Bloody hell just take it, Ron!"

"Hey!" Fred protested. "Just cuz you're sleeping with one of the bosses doesn't mean you have the clearance to give things away all willy nilly." George smirked next to his twin as I showed him my favorite finger before turning back to my work. Hopefully none of the customers saw that. Well...I guess we don't have the most professional work environment anyways.

"D'ya think I'll get away with sneaking this little guy into Hogwarts with me?" I turned to see Ginny had appeared again, standing with a purple ball of fluff perched on her shoulder.

"I don't think you have a choice." I laughed as the Pygmy Puff nuzzled into her neck slightly before settling down, partially concealed by the girl's auburn hair. "He's clearly smitten already."

"You're right." She giggled, scratching it on the top of it's head. After some protests from me, she handed me the money to pay for the Puff herself.

"So how is everything back home?" I absentmindedly straightened up the contents of the counter in front of me. I figured now that the boys had all wandered off upstairs we could actually talk without interruption.

"It was fine." She rolled her eyes as she placed her new pet into a carrier. "Tensions are a bit high. Bill brought home his new fiancé. She stayed with us for a whole week."

"Fiancé?" I rose my brows in surprise. "He never was one to keep his family in the loop, was he?" I laughed, shaking my head. Bill would be the Weasley to introduce his lover to his family for the first time as his future bride.

"Well, you'll never guess who it is." Ginny paused for a second but eagerly continued before I could actually guess. "Fleur Delacour, the Triwizard Champion."

"Wow she never mentioned that once. I ran into her a couple times in the coffee shop by Gringott's. She works there now." I mused, thinking back to when she had insisted on buying my drink for me. She told me she had been in town to work on her English.

"Well mum's not too happy as you could guess. Says they're far too young to get married," Ginny leaned forward and looked around before whispering the last part. "But I think she's just worried that Fleur is part Veela. I'm not quite sure I like her myself." She huffed, explaining to me how condescending she had been of their home. I always thought the Burrow was one of the most magical places, but from what I've heard about Beauxbaton's castle I'm not surprised she wasn't as charmed. I thought Fleur was perfectly nice the few times I talked to her but I do understand Mrs. Weasley's concern. She's probably a bit shocked to learn that her son has a fiancé in the first place.

"Have you seen Ron lately? Or Hermione? Or even Harry?" Ginny scowled as she looked around the busy shop. "I better go look for them. I swear if Ron left me I am going to hex him to oblivion."

"That's if your mum and dad don't do it first." I nodded to where the Weasley parents were searching around the busy shop, accompanied by an equally concerned Hagrid. I'm sure Dumbledore sent him along to help keep an eye on them.

As Ginny left to search for her friends, a line began to form at the till once again. Most customers had a cauldron full of different Weasley products. Fred was right. People would be needing laughter right about now. I couldn't help but glance out to the once lively cobblestone street. The entire alleyway was dark. Store fronts were boarded up, whether it be from fleeing or running out of business.

"Leah, darling. Care to demonstrate?" George interrupted my thoughts as he held out a seemingly normal custard cream to me—though I knew better. Behind him was a small crowd of kids I remember seeing around Hogwarts, all of them eagerly watching me.

I sighed and took the treat from him before popping it into my mouth. The effects of the Canary Creams don't last very long, as I saw on Neville Longbottom at a Gryffindor party our sixth year. I know George really just wants to see me test yet another one of his products.

"I love when she does this." Fred peered behind his brother's shoulder as the two watched the feathery effects kick in.

————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 441 43
⚠️ ABANDONED ⚠️ "Somehow, whenever I'm with you, its like I'm closer to the stars." ... WARNING: this story DOES NOT contain actual smut or sexual...
137K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
46.3K 1.4K 104
Hermione x Reader (Female) Slytherin - Y/N Riddle or Y/N Malfoy Hufflepuff - Y/N Diggory Ravenclaw - Y/N Lovegood Gryffindor - Y/N Weasley or Y/N Pot...
22.1K 267 58
"We're meant to be, you and I, even if you don't want to accept it." - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - In which the eldest Weasley twin...