Violet Witch

By NVMelissa13

"Let's go for a party." They said. "It'll be fun." They said. Well my best friends were so wrong. So very v... More

Cast and Book Covers
Prologue
1| My First Party
2| Just Like Cinderella
3| Jumping Around The Earth
4| Explanations And Heartbeats
5| Starting Our Journey
6| My First Magic Trick
7| I Hate Waitresses
8| Endless Diamond Sky
9| Training
10| Sleuthing Around
12| Falling To My Death
13| Secrets, Heartbreak and Kisses
14| Mood Swings And Magic
15| Nightmares Can Come To Life
16| I Have A Familiar!
17| He's My Great Great Grandpa, I Think
18| Angels And Allies
19| Ellie, Quinn And Battle Strategies
20| Keep It Safe
21| To The Castle
22| The End...
23| ...Is Just The Beginning
24 I Resurrected. Yay?
25| Graduation Presents
Epilogue
Author's Note

11| Damn Jungles And Stupid Feelings

718 60 6
By NVMelissa13

We landed in the middle of a God forsaken jungle. I could already feel the humidity making my hair poofy.

I was still holding Lucas' hand and I didn't want to let go anytime soon. Alas it would be weird if I held his hand for long.

"Wait. Where's Sydney?" I asked looking around widely. "Oh my God. I forgot her. I forgot your familiar. I-" Lucas cut me off.

"She'll be here anytime soon. She can teleport to me wherever I am." He said laughing lightly at me.

"This is not funny. I felt like I lost my child or something." I said punching his arm a little..He chuckled but there was something about my statement that bothered him. I could tell.

"Where to now? It's not like she gave us a direction." He said.

The sun was at its highest peak, it's hot rays shining their stupid asses on the earth. Luckily, the trees in the jungle have us some shed so...

"We go east." I said looking in its direction.

"Why?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know I just have this thing pulling me towards that direction." I said.

It felt like half my heart was in that direction and someone was sewing it together, pulling the thread to finally connect the two broken pieces.

"Lead the way then." Lucas said.

"I will. When Sydney comes." I stated firmly. " No man is to be left behind. "

"Sure." Lucas relented leaning against a tree looking all shmexy.

•••

"Melody we need to stop." Lucas said.

Sydney had arrived not long after my brave declaration and we started our journey East. We've been walking for almost the whole day. The sun was going down and I could already see the moon and the stars.

"No. We have to keep going." I said.

"Melody you need sleep." Lucas insisted. I thought of my dreams. 

"No. Let's keep going. We have only four days left. And we're not sure how long our journey is." I answered.

Lucas grabbed my arm pulling me to a stop.

"Melody you need sleep and rest." He said his eyes begging for me not to argue.

I pulled my hand out of his. "I don't want to fucking sleep ok! I just want to get this war, or whatever it is, over with! I have so many things that are not making sense and my gut is telling me answers are in that fucking direction!" I pointed East. "Now, if you want to you can rest but I'm continuing this God damn journey even if it fucking kills me!" I snapped. My breathing was heavy when I was done. I really needed that.

"Ok." Lucas said.

"Ok?"

He nodded. "We'll go." He said.

"Thank you!" I gasped. I moved forward and wrapped my arms around him and he did the same.

Why was I the one to stop this war? All I wanted to do was stay in Lucas' arms forever because he makes me feel safe and wanted, and mostly loved.

Wait wait wait wait. Back it up a bit. Let's rewind that thought.

All I wanted to do was stay in Lucas' arms forever because he makes me feel safe and wanted, and loved.

OH MY GOD! OH MY FUCKING GOD! I JUST REALISED SOMETHING!

I LOVE HIM!

I love him. I... love him. Love! The forbidden word.

I pulled back from Lucas' arms felling weird about what I was thinking. Damn feelings.

"We should go." I said.

"Lead the way. This is all you Melody. " he said smiling and moving back.  And so I turned my back to him and walked.

I can't believe it. I love him. I love his smile, his caring nature, his bravery and dominance, his love for Sydney, his steel grey eyes that were beyond beautiful, his passion for flying, his gorgeous black wings, his selflessness at times, I loved it all. Seriously what was there not to love about him? I feel stupid because I've known him for like three days but there's just... something.

I've read books where people fall in love in a day so anyone who objects to my love can go lick mouldy cheese.

"You know, when I was younger, my uncle used to tell me I give in too easy." He said.

I giggled. "Maybe because he knew one day you'd meet a strong black woman, such as myself, who doesn't take anyone's shit." I said turning behind to see him and walking backwards.

"I would have totally made you stay if I wanted to." He said.

"Mmmhhhmmm." I mumbled turning back and walking away.

"I would have!" He shouted in an accusing tone spreading his arms wide.

I laughed. He would have tried.

•••

"The sun is coming up in about two hours." Lucas commented looking up at the sky.

I had managed not to collapse the whole night journey but wasn't lasting long.

"Three more days." I said looking up at the sky too.

Three more days till Lilith made her first move. Three more days till I could either die or live. It was nerve wracking just thinking about it.

"You'll do it. I known you can." Lucas said holding my shoulders.

"I'm not sure." I said feeling a bit off.

Lucas rubbed his arms up and down on my own making butterflies fill my belly and my thoughts wonder to very unholy ground.

"Let's not think about that right now we....." Lucas words faded in the background when I felt like my body was being possessed.

It was like something was forcing its way into my subconscious, waiting for me to find them. Calling...

Come here...

I'm here...

Find me...

Please come find me...

All these words were being whispered in my ear. My legs started moving without me exactly moving them. One foot in front of the other to what's calling me. I need to find them.

"Need to find them." I said aloud.

The next thing I knew, arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. The arms were warm and cosy. I wanted to stay here forever.

"Melody! Melody!" Someone was shouting.

I blinked a few times. "What?" I said.

"Melody?" Lucas called.

"That is my name." I said.

Lucas sighed and let me go. He turned me to face him. His brows were creased in concern and he looked like he just saw his death.

"We were talking and then you just walked away saying something about 'needing to find them' and then you almost walked into a pit." He said. His gaze run over my body and I shivered.

"I understood only half of what you said. What pit?" I asked.

He turned me around and there in front of me was a huge hole, about an acre wide. It went down for what seemed like ages and was dark as fuck. I moved back a bit.

"Ok. Big scary pit." I said standing in my tip toes to try to see the end of it.

"Yeah." Lucas said running a hand through his hair.

"Let's go." I said walking to the pit. Lucas yanked me back.

"There will be no going in that. Let's first rest and see what to do next later." Lucas said.

"Good idea." I said.

Except for the fact I had a better one. You see, Lucas would never, ever let me go down that pit. He knew it, I knew it, hell even the universe knows it. So I'm going to do what I do best. Quickly do something that will get us both down that pit.

Lucas and Sydney turned and both headed towards a nice area for us to camp at. I trailed behind them. Once I was sure that they were sure that I was following them, I spun on my heel and run towards the pit.

"Melody!" Lucas shouted after me but it was too late.

I reached the edge and I jumped.

******

Another update. Kinda late I know but got some things to do.

Anyway what do you think of the story so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ascendant By Gem

Fanfiction

697 39 29
Keep up with me and my current projects by diving into this unedited story written by myself (acting as the "Dungeon Master" role, writing for most c...
4.1K 411 40
••• Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention, some of us humans are "gifted" as we like to say, in short, we have powers, well most of us do, anyway, pow...
1.1K 193 55
"...and a little bird told me our king has been spending too much time in Purgatory, meeting with certain archangels." I was sure I didn't hear him c...
43K 1.4K 25
Satan has been mistreated since day one. Ever since her parents found out they were having boy and girl twins, they have been disgusted but the fact...