He Lives In You (COMP.)

By JadiMarrry

❗YiZhan FF❗ "..I'm not him, Yibo and never will be..I've taken what's not mine and I will forever blame mysel... More

💕INTRODUCTION💕
1st Chapter: DREAM
2nd Chapter: IT'S YOU
3rd Chapter: UNCERTAINTY
4th Chapter: WE MEET AGAIN
5th Chapter: THE TALK
6th Chapter: GUILTY
8th Chapter: TRYING
9th Chapter: CAREFUL
10th Chapter: ADMITTING
11th Chapter: ENTHRALL
12th Chapter: SURPRISED
13th Chapter: DINNER
14th Chapter: THE MISTAKE
Author's Message
15th Chapter: LOVE OR YEARNING?
16th Chapter: VISITOR
OTHER CHARACTERS
17th Chapter: GLEAM
18th Chapter: HANKERING
19th Chapter: QUESTIONS
20th Chapter: PLEADING
21st Chapter: THE STORY OF US
22nd Chapter: ME AND HIM
23rd Chapter: HAPPY DAY
24th Chapter: CONFESSION
25th Chapter: LOVE NEVER DIES
26th Chapter: INTENTIONS
27th CHAPTER: CAVE IN
28th Chapter: TABLES TURNING
29th Chapter: HIS DREAM
30th Chapter: HEARTBREAK (Pt.1 of 2)
30th Chapter: THE RIFT (Pt. 2 of 2)
I'M SORRY (Auth. Message)
31st Chapter: NIGHTMARES
32nd Chapter: IT'S YOU, AGAIN
33rd Chapter: HIS LOSS
34th Chapter: INVITATION
35th Chapter: WEARINESS
36th Chapter: TRAPPED
37th Chapter: WHITE FLAG
38th Chapter: LETTING GO
Extra Chapter: UNTAMED
39th Chapter: TO MY DEAREST
40th Chapter: FAREWELL
SPECIAL CHAPTER: FOREVER
💚THANK YOU❤

7th Chapter: CONVICTION

2.1K 195 52
By JadiMarrry

Enjoy reading loves!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope we can be friends in the future. I'm sure Yuta will be glad. Goodnight."

Yibo instantly hung up the phone, taking a profound and fulfilling breath. It was business after all. Xiao Zhan shouldn't think of it as anything else, he thought. The evening was chilly and his face began to feel frigid. The cold air started to clamber through his neck, and to his shoulders, down to his arms. He slightly leaned forward, rested his elbows on his lap, and opened a can of beer. Something that he would do when his mind is troubling him.

Little by little, people were beginning to abandon the park. Yibo sat on the bench gulping the only companion he has as he watches the people disappear before his eyes. The warmth traveling through his belly made him burp a bitter taste.

The stillness of the surroundings was relaxing for Yibo. After a day of work, he deserves time only to himself. He comes to the park after work before going home to unwind. His apartment was nearby so he doesn't mind having a drink or two. No one is waiting for him anyway.

The moon was bright and the stars surrounding it were lovely to look at. He finished his first can and opened another. He looked at his watch and sighed. It was already 10 pm but he was feeling inert. Coming home to nothing is not a nice feeling for him. He suddenly thought back to when Yuta was waiting for him to come home, running to him like a kid and giving him a tight hug. He would cook his favorite food because he didn't like takeaways. Even though he was not the best one, the effort was there which Yibo admired.

Yuta's wide smile when he would come back from work and the home which once a joyous place only exists now in Yibo's memory. Things he would remember from time to time, especially when he's alone.

Another thirty minutes went by of him still lost in the past. He snapped back from it when his phone suddenly rang. It was his brother, Haikuan. Yibo frowned, thinking why his brother would call this late at night. Usually, he would call in the morning or mid-afternoon.

"Hello.Kuan." He said in an unconcerned voice.

"Yibo, are you home? Did I wake you?"

"Hmm. No. Why did you call?" He deliberately lied.

"Just want to ask you. Why did you give my number to Cheng?"

"Oh. About that."

"Yes. He texted me earlier."

"He said he wanted to ask you something." 

"I see."

"Sorry. I should've asked you first."

"No, it's okay. Anyway, how was your day? Dinner? Did you go to work?"

"Hmm. Just the usual. I'm going to bed now. I'm really tired. I'll come and visit you and Uncle the day after tomorrow. Goodnight."

Haikuan heaved a slight sigh and didn't ask any more questions. Typical of his little brother who doesn't want to entertain phone calls even if it's him calling. It's kind of obvious. He just smiled and continued.

"Okay good. He was asking for you anyway. Well, goodnight Yibo."

'Hmm."

Yibo finished the call and stood up. He threw the beer cans and decided to leave. He grabbed his skateboard and gym bag and slowly made his way back home. The flickering glimmer coming from the lamppost was his only source of light and his shadow was the only thing accompanying him, but he didn't care.

After a minute or so, he finally made it home. He typed the password on the number pad and slowly unlocked the door. Good thing he has one, more convenient than bringing a key all the time. The emptiness hits him once again when he switched on the light. He puts down his skateboard beside the shoe rack and took off his shoes.

He went straight to the fridge and pulled out cold water to take away some of the taste of the beer stuck in his mouth. The dreary ambiance of his homemade Yibo lose his appetite, so he didn't bother to prepare food. He switched off the light and walked lazily upstairs. The pale light coming from the moon illuminating from his window was enough for him to walk inside his bedroom. He tossed his gym bag on the floor and flung his exhausted body onto his bed, resting a bit before going to the bathroom to freshen up.

After minutes of drying his hair and putting on his pajamas, he removed his dirty clothes from his gym bag. He switched on the lamp and climbed up to his bed, not eager for the next day. He moved his head towards the photo on his nightstand and whispered in a sleepy voice;

"Good night, baby."

As he was closing his eyes, he suddenly recalled what Xiao Zhan said to him at the meeting. He shifted to his other side and tried closing his eyes again, but the smokey voice of the mysterious man was the only thing he can hear.

"Damn it.." He muttered.

He then realized that he forgot to check his schedule for the next morning which irritated him more. He grabbed his laptop and scanned through his activities for tomorrow. Good thing he only has a few things to take care of in the morning and the afternoon. Relieved, he turned off his laptop and scrolled his phone next. He squinted as the strong light coming from his screen started to affect his eyes. yibo gently rubbed his tired eyes and looked at his call history. Nothing much to see except his brother's number or his manager's calling him. He realized that he didn't save Xiao Zhan's number yet. It's rare for him to call anybody he doesn't know, but it was business-related. He was hesitant at first because he already has his calling card so why save it on his phone. But eventually, he did.

MR. XIAO ZHAN. He pressed his lips together and shrugged.

After saving it on his phone book, he puts his phone beside his pillow and laid back down. The beer was beginning to take effect, as Yibo slowly shut his eyes and sailed away to his dreams.

                                    • • • •

Morning came and the City which was calm the night before started to get active again. Birds warble and car buzzers play together in tune, signaling the beginning of a new day.

Bright light invaded Yibo's room, shortly waking him up before his alarm could do so. He rubbed his eyes and unhurriedly sat up. He switched off his night lamp and got out of bed. The usual morning routine begins.

His head feels a little weird probably because of the beer last night. He went downstairs and made some coffee to get off the uncomfortable feeling. Yibo opened the fridge to make breakfast but rolled his eyes instead when he realized that he still didn't buy eggs. Cereal with some milk was the easiest to do so he grabbed some and chewed on it in peace.  It was still early so he had time to do house chores for no one will do it for him. He was washing dishes when his phone rang. Thinking that it was his manager or brother again, he just ignored it and continued to do whatever he was doing. It stopped but rings again shortly after.

Yibo let out an annoyed sigh and grabbed his phone to look at whoever was calling. He was a bit surprised to see who it was.

MR. XIAO ZHAN.

He picked up after a few rings with his gruff tone.

"Mr. Xiao."

"Good morning Mr. Wang. I called regarding the designs you want. I would like for you to see it before I talk to my team."

"Hmm. You want to meet?"

"Yes. We can meet at.."

"You can come here to my place, then. I will not be going out till 10:30. It's still early."

"But Mr. Wang isn't that a little inappropriate for me to come to you.."

"I will text you the address, Mr. Xiao. See you."

He finished the call without letting Xiao Zhan say anything. He returned to his dishes and tidied up his place. Yibo might be a serious guy but he is a neat one. Cleaning up when he has time and not wasting money on cleaning services. After finishing everything, he went to the living room and opened the TV to watch some news. He would rather play with his phone but, he wanted to give an impression to Mr. Xiao Zhan when he gets to his apartment. He sat on the couch but couldn't stop changing positions. A tingling feeling inside his stomach made him anxious.

"Why the hell am I like this? Is he that important? It's just working." He muttered.

Why? Because he never lets anyone else come to his house if it's not his brother or his uncle or Mrs. Yu. He doesn't like visitors but for some reason, he invited Xiao Zhan to come. He doesn't understand why he did except for the meeting but he did. Period.

An hour came by and his doorbell rings. Yibo jumped from his seat, a bit startled. He instantly put on his straight face and walked towards the door. He let out a slight sigh before slowly opening it.

His lips opened slightly when he saw the man, looking at him with his gorgeous almond eyes standing outside. He was wearing white long sleeves and a tie, looking like a real adept person. As for him, he was just wearing regular clothes but thought that his handsome, impassive expression would do just fine.

"Good morning, Mr. Wang. I apologize for the delay. Took me some time to get here, I am not familiar yet with the City." Smiling at Yibo but an uncomfortable one.

"Please come in, Mr. Xiao."

"Uhh..yes. Thank you."

He walked inside and removed his shoes. He followed the tall and brawny man in front of him without a word. Xiao Zhan was no surprise to see a simple and tidy place. Yibo's personality reflects his home, he assumes. Organized and clean, yet grim at the same time. He wandered his eyes around when a cold voice interrupted him.

"The living room is over there, Mr.Xiao. Make yourself at home." He looked at Xiao Zhan and smirked. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. He thought. "Coffee or tea?" He asked.

"Warm water with lemon if possible, Mr.Wang." Xiao Zhan said with a polite but bossy tone.

He sat on the couch and his eyes wandered again. He stared at the photos on Yibo's console table and his expression altered to a more serious one when he sees the photo of someone so familiar.

He gulped, bit his lower lip, and looked down. Yibo saw Xiao Zhan's expression change and walked towards Xiao Zhan.

"Here you go, Mr. Xiao."

Xiao Zhan looked at him and smiled gently. He reached for the glass and looked down again.

Yibo sensed Xiao Zhan's uneasy feeling so he forthwith proceeded.

"Mr. Xiao, Please relax. I am not going to eat you."

"Huh? Uuhh..yes." He giggles out of embarrassment. "I'm sorry Mr. Wang. It's just that, I've never been to the home of someone for a work meeting. It's always been outside. A restaurant or a coffee shop."

"It's fine. So, let's proceed?"

"Yes, of course."

He took out his laptop and showed his designs to Yibo. Yibo to his surprise was very much pleased with his work. They talked about it for another hour not realizing that they were beginning to be comfortable around each other.

"Well Mr. Wang, I think that's about it. Thank you very much."

Xiao Zhan grabbed his things and put them in his backpack. Yibo just looked at his face in amazement.

"You know Mr. Xiao, you kinda look like him. I never thought."

Xiao Zhan was surprised and smiled.

"Ohh. Do you think so too Mr. Wang? People used to say so too. They thought we were brothers. Funny, I know."

"But, you were close just like one."

Xiao Zhan's smile vanished.

"Yes. To tell you the truth, I don't think we look alike but we sure were tight. He was my best friend."

"Hmmm." Yibo nodded and looked down.

"Mr. Wang, I appreciate you calling last night to apologize. I too should do so for walking out like that. I never should have said that. Sorry."

"I understand Mr. Xiao. Say, would you like to roam around Beijing? You said you're unfamiliar with the City. Let me show you. Just a peace offering. "

The sudden invitation shocked Xiao Zhan. He never thought Yibo was this thoughtful. Especially to a stranger like him. Well, not totally but he is, to Yibo at least.

"Thank you for the invitation, Mr. Wang. I would like that. If I have time I will text you. I have to go now. I still have to go to the office."

Yibo smiled and nodded.

"Hmm. See you when I see you.."

Xiao Zhan looked at him and smirked.

TO BE CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Credit to Jaehyun of NCT 127 for taking that picture of Yuta (and that is his hand) 🥰 So cute!!🥰

From now on I will include photos If I can. Thank you!😙😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 1.4K 19
⚠️AN IMAGINATION BY ME WITH NO CONNECTION TO THE REALITY OR INTENTION TO HARM THE IDOLS⚠️ PLAGIARISM IS CRIME❗
771K 27.4K 25
Noelle Hadley is a simple waitress at a high-end club, one that just so happens to be primarily haunted by the living dead. One night, when a group o...
136K 3.9K 25
Regulus Black goes off to Hogwarts for his fifth year. His Parents still trying to pick up the pieces of his brother Sirius running away. Little doe...
4.2K 344 25
💗Xiao zhan and Wang YIBO never sit on same boat ⛵ whenever they meet they........ always like to argue on small things.......in easy words they can'...