THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...

8K 159 147
By Alhexandria22

Karmale's POV.

An annoying siren noise blares from a Humpty Dumpty shaped alarm clock, just an arm's length away from my cosy divan on my nightstand.

On the small magnificent table is my phone, a jug of water, night lamp, a few romance novels and of course, the irritating alarm clock.

"What the- is this an asylum or-?" I let out an irritated groan.

Stretching my braceleted arm to get the alarm clock, I throw it hard against the handsomely painted wall of my spick and span bedroom. It breaks into pieces as it falls down to the ground.

My domicile is always as silent as a graveyard and  I love it that way. The noise is turning me bazaar.

I reluctantly raise from my slumber position, only to feel my wits nag at my head. My head aches so bad as if a builder is hitting nails into it.  I lazily open my eyes for fear that my action may make the headache worse.

My snow sheeted bed covered with a vermillion red blanket and floral cased pillows is where my numb and frazzled body is situated. My dressing mirror a little on the right though North East with a vanilla perfume collection and vanilla scented lotions. The thought of the scent they produce makes me want to throw up.
It is usually a friendly one but just not right now. It is making my stomach churn in detest.

With foreign and unexpected energy, I jump out of bed, ignoring my teddy bear sleeping sandals on my woolen bed mat just below my well- manicured feet and sprint to the frog's Kingdom. I quickly lower my neck into the sink bowl and let out the unwanted fluids through my mouth.

The smell is unpleasant and my head throbs even harder than before.

I feel a deep burn in my lower abdomen. I hastily take off my bear printed pyjama pants and sit on the toilet. I urinate for what seems like forever. It feels as if I spent the whole night on some tasty drink that I could barely stop drinking. I get up and stand in front of the mirror, wash my face, brush my teeth and say to myself.

"Karmale Hale Kane is up."

I then stroll to the kitchen. The island fairly cluttered with crockery and cutlery. Comfortingly cute, small and well equipped with kitchen tools and groceries. On top of one of it's wooden cupboard is a small first aid kit. I stretch my arm and grab it from up. I take out some pain killers to help do away with the splitting headache. Unfortunately, I have never been a tablet lover so I dispose them off in the trash can. I instead empty a bottle of lime water down my dry itchy throat.

I wobble to the sitting room. It is of African setting. It's a dull theme.

Coffee brown sofas, pale brown cushions, a transparent vase half of it with marbles and the other half, cowrie shells.
An enormous sticker with African women carrying pots on their heads is spread against the wall in the background.

I move to the Italian sized windows and draw the curtains. Morning beauty welcomes me. The twittering of the birds, the fallen brown autumn leaves. The luminous sunrise hits my apple face but it doesn't go well with the headache.

"Today just won't be the best of days." I close the curtains with a tired sigh.

"What's with the headache? "

Oh God!

I massage my temples trying to recollect a few of my past events as I move back to my bedroom.

"Today morning."

"No success there. Only some troubling headache. Wow! Lucky me." I sacarstically talk to myself.

"What about...."

"Yesterday!" I unknowingly shout and fall flat on my unmade bed.

Last night's events replay in my brain like a video tape.

FLASHBACK

My phone buzzes

MESSAGE FROM RIELLA,

Riella;
Karma let's go clubbing tonight.

Me;
Am in no mood.

(Phone rings )

Caller ID; Riella

I pick up and before I even say hello she is already screaming through my phone.

"Please please please please please please please please please." She beckons.

Woah! Those are many pleases.

"No Ella. You know I have to prepare. I have work tomorrow. " I state in a very serious and professional tone.

"Well, you are not the only one that works." She  responds.

"So?" I retort.

"Come on! Isn't it obvious. Let's go have some fun like seriously it's a weekend."

"Are we dying tomorrow or something?" I ask.

"What? No! Who knows? Who cares anyway?"

"Well, I do care. I very much care."

I tell Ella all about my meeting that I have to prepare for. It is really a big deal.

"Okay.... Thank you for accepting my invitation. I'm humbled. Pick you up in a few. Love you. "

"Ella that was about my meeting not your club-"

Did she just hang up on me?

7:00pm

DARLINGTON CLUB.

Yeah, I came. Ella left me no choice anyway. Besides, the chocolate skinned Jamaican lass is and has always been my best friend. My boon companion since elementary school. I love her too much to say no to her.

She actually offered to drive and even bought me the latest model handbag. Versace. She also got me an outfit for the club. Sounds like a bribe but it was an apology for hanging up on me.

Ella is a demoiselle with a great fashion sense so any outfit of her choice is always spectacular.

The speakers are all over the place. The venue is decorated with appealing colours. Very bright ones to be precise.

Neon signs everywhere flashing in tomato red.
The music is really really really loud.

"Woah! " I exhale.

"Wooooohooooo!" Ella shouts in excitement.

Is she high already?
No she isn't. She is just being the party animal and fun base she is.

"Let's take a selfie." She shouts in my face as if not sure that she is shouting.

Music effect I guess. Too loud.

She throws her slender hand over my shoulders and the other holds her Infinix in the other. She smiles brightly as I pout. She snaps the moment.

"Shall we?" She asks and I nod in approval. She takes the lead.

"Wait!" Ella says as her movement comes to a halt.

"What?" I ask rather frustrated already.

"How do I look?" Ella asks me for like the hundredth time tonight.

"Is this a date set up?"

"Just answer the question."

"Great! So... Shall we?" I quickly say shrugging it off.

"Moody much." She pouts feigning hurt feelings.

"But I still love my best friend." She adds enveloping me in a tight hug.

She then drags me into the crowd with her.

11: 45pm

The music is now wild. The night wilder and unforgiving. Every man to a girl. Only couples.

I already lost sight of Ella like two hours ago. I amble to the bar counter.

"The night's usual." I smile at the cute bar tender standing behind the counter dressed in a coal suit shirt and a red bow tie. He smiles back and hands me a glass of apple juice.

I don't take drinks in public areas because I have trust issues and I let them be effective on Ella. Am not selfish it is for her own good. In one gulp, I finish my drink.

Taking a few steps away from the counter, i start to feel rather strange. At first I ignore it but the inching in my throat just cannot be neglected. My hand travels to my neck. I desperately swallow saliva and feel my throat ease out a bit.

"That almost gave me a heart attack. I'm okay, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. I am." I lightly hit on my head.

Heading to the glass dance floor, I feel my knees give way. A wave of nausea washes over me as a new scent fills my atmosphere. It surrounds me as a muscular hand grabs my  wrist. The touch a harsh one and full of authority. I don't like authoritative people but I find myself giving in. Maybe because I'm in a compromising state. I could fall any minute.

The male hand drops my wrist and my hands start to get heavy. I lazily place them around his neck.

For the eye contact, my partly clouded eyes try hard to maintain his as he tightly encircles his heavy weight arms around my waist. The hold is a firm one that compel me to look harder as his own eyes grow dark and then bright at once.

God! His eyes! One minute blue and another green! Oh, that's the effect from the multiple lights darting into his dreamy eyes.

"Wow ! This is as handsome as paint." I faintly mumble now feeling heavily tipsy.

His pellucid blue eyes glitter from the flickering lights. A sudden urge to poke his iris out creeps up on me and I uncling off him. I move my forefinger to his eye but he stays rigid. No flinch. No emotion. Just a stone hard gaze.

"What?" I ask and direct my finger to his sharply cut jaw line.

"Glorious." I bend over to his ear and whisper.

"And handsome." I add with a cheesy giggle.

He still doesn't move.

My hands move to his chest now. Hard as rock.

"Well built too." I chuckle.

His good looks were a temptation.

"Don't touch me!" I pushed him but my attempt was weak and unsuccessful. I only felt my upper body swing a little and my heavy head land on his shoulder with a slight bang. I then curled in his chest.

"Eww! Bad perfume." I drew myself off his body. That's when he let go of me.

"Finally." I started to stagger away.

"Don't leave, gorgeous. Let's dance." The same hand held my elbow. It was gentle though.

"Wow! You do talk. Okay." I accepted the dance.

At first the dancing was slow but the next minute, I was twerking real hard on this guy. I was grinding on him. He also received my action with open arms and even made it better. He made it comfortable by holding my waist and making my movements on his man swift.

It was sensational. It was thrilling how my body was reacting to his. I won't lie. I enjoyed it.

After a while, I seemed to loose balance and he seemed to feel it as well.
His grip around my waist tightened and he turned me around in order to face him. I felt my head spin and my surroundings blurry and the bright light unbearable.
I felt the desperate need to cover my eyes from the sharp light. I lowered my head to his chest and I was covered his warmth and intoxicating cologne.

"Let's take you to bed, baby girl." His words were slurry against my earlobe.

"Bed-" I whispered.

END OF FLASHBACK 》

What I did yesterday was the most embarrassing thing I ever did in my entire life.

Oh heavens! What was I thinking?

How did I even get home?

With Ella or- ?

The only way to find out is by calling Ella.

I pick up my phone from my table to call Ella only to find over 34 missed calls from the office.

Shit! It slipped my mind that it is a Monday and I have meeting at 9: 30am.
It is 9:25 already am so damn late.

As I jump up, my phone starts ringing.

Caller ID; Claire Office.

I am neither ready to listen to her irritating squirrel voice or interested in knowing what to she has to say. It is obvious they want me at work and I'm not ready to listen to an irritating and talkative Claire. So am not picking her call.

I toss the phone onto my unlaid bed and dash to the bathroom.

"Karmale Hale Kane you are so late and dead meat today." I tell myself as I turn the bathroom door knob.

15 minutes later...

I am dressed in a pair of royal blue feminine suit trousers, a black bra-like but crop input, a royal blue overcoat and toned black -blue stilettos.

A single layer of foundation and one of lip gloss.

Sassy right?

I briskly wobble out of my apartment to my baby, my blackberry Lamborghini.

I reverse and leave the driveway. Straight to the law firm.

Savage by Megan Thee Stallion...

Hey that was my first chapter for THE MAFIA'S LAWYER.
#MADAMLAWYER

So.... how did you love it?

Please leave your thoughts behind...

Vote if at all you liked it.

Happy festive season BTW.

Let me hit the kitchen...

Peace out...

Andria💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 89.6K 60
When running away from her past, twenty two year old Alina runs straight into the arms of Romeo De Luca, twenty six and an Italian Mafia Don, not jus...
151K 2.9K 40
[COMPLETED, June 10, 2022] [NOT EDITED YET] He wants to kill me because he lost his mother and his girlfriend, which isn't even my fault. I wasn't ev...
KASHI By stuckinatale

General Fiction

401K 20K 42
"So, Mrs. Kashi Abhay Pratap Singh..chalte hai. Goodbye..". Saying this, he left her broken in this world of betrayal. ~~~~~~~~~~ Kashi, a simple gir...
413K 8.2K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...