𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬...

Autorstwa bouncygnocchi

SEQUEL TO OF SERPENTS AND ANGELS: Two years after the Second Wizarding War, Angel Dawson has started to heal... Więcej

Author's Note/Disclaimer
| 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 | 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲
| 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 | 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴
| 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒 | 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳
| 𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐘𝐒𝐔𝐒 | 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴
| 𝐏𝐇𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐒 | 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘳
| 𝐂𝐎𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐒 | 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳
| 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐑 | 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘢𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴
| 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯
| 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦
| 𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄 | 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵
| 𝐏𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎 | 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯
| 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐔𝐁𝐔𝐒 | 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯
| 𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐒 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴
| 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 | 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
| 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍 | 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 (*TW)
| 𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀 | 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘱𝘶𝘧𝘧
| 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐀 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦
| 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴
| 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐋𝐄 | 𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯
| 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭'𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
| 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 (*TW)
| 𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 | 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘴
| 𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦
| 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐔𝐑 | 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵
| 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄 | 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵-𝘮𝘦-𝘯𝘰𝘵
| 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
| 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐒 | 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 (*TW)
| 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐇 | 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘬𝘦
| 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 | 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴
| 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗 | 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦
| 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐄 | 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯
| 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴...
| 𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐏𝐇 | 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴?
| 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐘𝐎𝐍 | 𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘢 (*TW)
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
| 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐀𝐍 | 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘪𝘭

| 𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐌𝐏 | 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

127 13 12
Autorstwa bouncygnocchi

Psychopomps are creatures, spirits, or angels who are responsible for escorting deceased souls into the Afterlife. Prominent psychopomps are the Greek ferryman Charon, the Valkyrie from Norse mythology, and the Roman god, Mercury.

»»————««

🖤

d r a c o

My knees sank into the banks of the pond. The forest ground was soft, damp from the March morning showers, and petrichor filled the air. I stared at my wobbling reflection in the mercury-silver water.

After decades, Dobby's voice still rang clearly in my head. If Master Draco really wants something, all he needs to do is look into the water and wish for it, and it will come true.

I touched the water. It was cold, slippery between my fingers like oil. I wish for Angel to be happy. I wish I could be the man that makes her smile. I wish I was good enough.

But even as I thought these words, my willpower faltered. All this while, I thought Angel and I were destined to be together, but perhaps I was wrong after all. I had no right to keep her, I had done nothing to earn her love.

I stood back up. Wishing was for fools, I decided. The clearing was silent, and the late afternoon filtered through the leaves, casting the place in a warm glow. It was still too early for the Thestrals, they only came in the night.

I found the giant tree root that curved up from the ground like a bench. It had been years since I had last come here with Angel, but the symbol was still there, carved by her into the bark many moons ago - a cross, intersected by a small 'x'. Our symbol. I touched it, the droplets of metallic liquid from my fingers seeping into the indentation. It all seemed so far away now, a reality I would never get back.

I decided to wait for the Thestrals. Sinking onto the tree root, I buried my face in my hands. And like that, I sat for hours. The sun eventually dipped and disappeared. The moon took over, looming over the clearing, bright and larger than life.

Across the pond, the trees rustled and they came into view, majestic as ever. Their boney black figures moved with agile grace as they lowered their necks to the water.

A particular one noticed me, staring curiously. It began to tread through the water towards me, and as it drew closer, I realised it was the same one that had let Angel and I touch it. It seemed to recognise me too. I remained very still as it approached, letting its huge nose snuffle me up and down. Carefully, I lifted a shaking hand.

It bellowed happily, a hollow, light noise that sounded like blowing through a cardboard tube. It touched its nose to my hand. As I ran my hand over its slick pelt, I remembered that night with Angel - how it felt when she had looked at me, over the creature that stood between us.

Our arguments had been replaying over and over in my head the entire evening, a broken record that strove to drive me insane. I pushed it all away now. Those were nothing, just fodder made of smoke and dust that clouded our light.

I decided that I no longer wanted to feel this way, always falling over my shadows. It hurts to live so wide awake, but my life was a gift from Angel, and I will no longer run. Let the Death Eaters come. Let my father come. If they wanted to take her away, or me, they were welcome to try.

As if in agreement, the Thestral lifted its mighty wings and blew urgently, its winter breath seeping into my body through my clothes. Go home now, it seemed to say.

"Thank you," I whispered to it.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

There was once I had sat with Angel in the Astronomy Tower, years ago. I said she shone brighter than a thousand flames; that she was a prism, and if one day darkness were to shroud this world forever, I would still see her colours.

Over the years, my soul had learned to breathe with hers. I knew her face without seeing, her hands without touching, her voice without hearing.

It was through this very innate connection that I knew Angel was gone.

I did not know when, why, or how, but I sensed it the moment I crossed the threshold of our gate. Usually, Rutherford would be around somewhere, but tonight, he was nowhere to be seen. The driveway seemed never-ending as my feet pounded the road. Our house was in darkness. I flung open the door.

Our furniture stared back at me. The air was cold and still, devoid of the warmth Angel carried with her wherever she went.

I tried to ignore the blood beating in my ears as I rushed through the house, calling her name and looking into each room. Empty, empty, empty.

I closed my eyes, telling myself this was a dream. When I opened them, she would be there in the kitchen, making tea. She was not.

She was in the bathroom; I just haven't checked properly. She was not there either.

I willed myself to be calm. She had just gone out for food, or a drink. Perhaps she had gone to meet Hannah or Susan or Lorcan to tell them all about our terrible fight. She would be home in a bit.

I waited on the couch, flicked on the telly. Beauty and the Beast came on - her favourite. I watched it for a while, trying to distract my mind from the wild, pervading thoughts. Outside, the garden was drowned in inky blue, and the crickets had started to sing.

It was now close to midnight. Any moment now, she would burst in, hang her coat, and throw herself onto me laughing, as she always did. I waited some more.

I must have drifted off to sleep at some point, because when I next opened my eyes, the sunlight was already burning my cheeks through the glass doors that led to the garden. I glanced at the clock. Nine-thirty in the morning.

I walked into the kitchen, but Angel wasn't in there making breakfast like she always does. It was only then I remembered she had not been home.

Again, I raced through our house, calling her name. She was not here. My heart was leaping and  galloping, like a frantic bird trapped in a cage.

Where was she? She couldn't have been taken by force. The house was immaculate, just as she always left it. She would not have gone without a fight. My mind conjured horrifying images - Angel dead in an alley. Angel running away, suitcase in hand.

At that, I checked our closet. Indeed, some of her clothes were missing. A few T-shirts, jeans, and her favourite white jumper was gone, and so were her trainers. She had run away.

No, I told myself. I was not thinking straight; I was falling back into that same paranoia I vowed to never indulge. She might have just simply gone over at Hannah's or Susan's for the night. She would be back by dinner.

I made breakfast - eggs and sausages - as calmly as I could manage. Then I enchanted the mop to clean the floor, and the dusters to dust the shelves, even though they didn't really need dusting.

When the housekeeping was done, I chose a book on Black Holes and nebulas from the library and curled up on the futon, where I remained for the rest of the day.

The hours flew by. Seven, eight, nine, ten. It was now eleven in the night and still no sign of Angel. It was odd. Angel would never leave on her own accord for so long. Would she?

Desperation had me banging on Codrus' door. He opened, blinking at me in surprise. "Draco! What brings you around this time of-"

"Have you seen Angel?"

"No, mate. Not since day before yesterday," he mumbled.

"What?"

"Yeah. Had an argument, didn't you both? I checked in on her when you left. Haven't seen her since."

"She hasn't been home," I said, almost frantic now. "Do you know where she could be?"

Codrus thought for a moment. "Forgive me for suggesting this," he said slowly. "But could she... could she have up and left, perhaps?"

I recoiled, frowning. "Why would you say that?"

Codrus shook his head. "Nothing. Sorry, it was rude of me to say that."

"No, tell me," I insisted. His eyes darted around, as if unsure of whether to carry on. "It's just- the two of you have been unhappy for a while, yeah?"

"Did she tell you that?"

To my surprise, he nodded. "Sometimes. But only because I'd ask. She's always crying when she does the gardening."

"And what would she say?" I pressed.

"Just that it's been difficult after the war. But she mentioned she hasn't gotten a night's worth of proper sleep since then, what with the nightmares and baby and all that."

My heart felt like it stopped. "What baby?"

"The- the baby she's carrying? You mean she still hasn't..."

It was like the entire sky had fallen onto me. I backed away from Codrus, dizzy with shock. "Sorry mate," he scratched his head in embarrassment. "I thought she would've told you by now. Perhaps she's with a friend. I'm sure she'll be home in a few days and you can-."

I did not get to hear the rest of what he said. I stumbled away from him. I could not breathe. Angel was not dead or in trouble. She had run.

I always told her I never asked for any of the things she had done for me, and now she had left. She did not want to raise a child with me.

Rutherford was rounding the corner from the far end of the street just as I was slipping out Codrus' gate, carrying a tray of fish and chips. I ran up to him.

"Draco! Sorry, I have just popped around the corner for a midnight snack," he began. "There's this chip shop that opens till late and-"

I could not care less about bloody fish and chips. "Where has Angel gone?" I demanded loudly.

"Angel? She left just the day before," he munched. "Packed a suitcase and said she was going on holiday. She told me you knew."

"Holiday!" I sputtered, in complete shock. "Where in Godric's name to?"

He shrugged. "Didn't say. You both had gotten into a major row, no? Heard you shouting from way out here, mind! Maybe she just needs space, take it from an old married man like me. And anyway," - he popped another chip into his mouth - "the further she is from here, the safer. Let's give it a few days. If she doesn't come back then, I'll alert the ministry."

I could barely comprehend what he was saying. Why had Angel gone on holiday all of a sudden? Perhaps she really had gone to stay with Hannah at the Leaky Cauldron, or Susan and her two giant wolves.

I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breaths. Space. She just needed space. And I will give it to her.

No more paranoia, no more hurt. She will come back. I had wished into the Thestral pond, had I not? And Dobby said whatever I wished would come true.

So I believed it would.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

100K 1.8K 54
☆ first story in the sequel ☆ ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...
19.9K 534 34
Fanfic combining Vampire Diaries and Harry Potter... - In a world where vampires and death eaters are completely against each other, Katherine Moon a...
681K 15K 36
The Wizarding War is over. Voldemort is dead. The Wizarding World is now peaceful. Wizards and Witches are still reminiscing about the past. Hermion...
3.7K 241 42
You were leaning on the railing and you were admiring the sunset together. - 'Alli...', Draco said. -' Yeah Dray?' - 'I'm glad to have you.', he...