Angel Full of Flowers

By writingjuniper

Not everything is what it seems. ━━━━━━━━ When Camellia De León receives a scholarship for the prestigious Lu... More

angel full of flowers
❁ 1 ❁
❁ 2 ❁
❁ 4 ❁
❁ 5 ❁
❁ 6 ❁
❁ 7 ❁
❁ 8 ❁
❁ 9 ❁
❁ 10 ❁
❁ 11 ❁
❁ 12 ❁
❁ 13 ❁
❁ 14 ❁
❁ 15 ❁
❁ 16 ❁
❁ 17 ❁
❁ 18 ❁
❁ 19 ❁
❁ 20 ❁
❁ 21 ❁
❁ 22 ❁
❁ 23 ❁
❁ 24 ❁
❁ 25 ❁
❁ 26 ❁
❁ 27 ❁
❁ 28 ❁
❁ 29 ❁
❁ 30 ❁
❁ 31 ❁
❁ 32 ❁
❁ 33 ❁
❁ 34 ❁
❁ 35 ❁
❁ 36 ❁
❁ 37 ❁
❁ 38 ❁
❁ 39 ❁
❁ 40 ❁
epilogue ✿
a thank you note
book covers + other graphics
character art [spoilers]
character art: extras [spoilers]
achievements

❁ 3 ❁

258 84 375
By writingjuniper

It was more than difficult for me to stay awake during class. Mrs. Aster was meek and old—I could barely hear a word she said. Luckily, the way the classes at Lunacrest worked was different than that of a normal high school. Instead of having to go from class to class, teachers of different subjects would come in at different times of the day. It was much more efficient that way.

Somehow, I managed to stay awake up until lunchtime. Almost all the girls scurried out of the classroom, leaving me to tidy up my desk. I wouldn't say I was a clean freak per se, but I did like to keep things organized. Without realizing it, a girl with caramel skin and another with pigtails approached me.

"Hey, you're the new girl right?"

I nodded. "My name is Camellia De León," I said, beaming with happiness.

"I'm Iris Khatri, and she's-"

"Tulip Taylors," she smiled, which revealed her dimples, "It's nice to meet you!"

My first friends!

"We were gonna go get lunch, wanna come with us?"

"I'd love to!" I immediately stood up from my desk and walked with them down to the cafeteria. It turned out that Iris and Tulip had a lot in common with me. They both shared a deep love for science, particularly biology.

Within the cafeteria, to no one's surprise, I found Angel surrounded by even more girls. I groaned internally. To my dismay, the two girls I had just met were headed towards Angel's direction.

"W-Where are you guys going?" I asked, afraid that they too had fallen into Angel's web of lies.

"To sit with Angel, you have to meet her!" Tulip chirped.

"Yeah! She's the sweetest." Iris smiled.

I frowned. "Actually, I'm just gonna sit outside. I need to breathe in the fresh air!" I awkwardly motioned over to the patio.

"Oh, alright, we'll go sit with you-"

"No, i-it's alright! I'm sure you want to talk to Angel as much as everyone else does. He- SHE... m-must be a wonderful person but seems to be preoccupied at the moment. I'll meet her another time." I gave a sheepish laugh.

They both looked at each other and shrugged. "Okay, we'll see you later then!" Iris and Tulip waved and I returned the gesture with a fake smile.

I was so irritated. I would've loved to have sat with them, but of course, Angel somehow got in the way of that. There was absolutely, positively, no way I was going to associate myself with him. I stomped all the way to one of the empty tables just outside the dining area. There was a big window between myself and the inside.

The only thing I could do was watch in agony and jealousy. Jealous at the fact that he was the center of their universe. I saw Iris and Tulip happily sit beside him. At that moment, Angel turned around to look at me. My eyes widened in horror as he blew a kiss my way and winked.

I wanted nothing more than to scream. He was getting in the way of everything I had dreamed of! Everything I yearned for! It had been decided. I was going to figure out a way of exposing him without Angel ever knowing it was me who exposed him in the first place. It was brilliant! Although, I needed to come up with an actual plan.

Perhaps I can secretly take a photo of Angel when he least expects it and anonymously send it to the headmistress. Hmm, yes, I think that'll work! Just then, I felt someone's gaze burning in the back of my head. I slowly turned around to find Angel's maid staring right at me. I think her name was Magnolia. She seemed highly unimpressed.

I cracked a smile. "H-Hi, how have you b-been?" I stammered, avoiding her gaze. Angel must've sent her to keep an eye on me. Jerk.

"You look like you just smoked crack."

I froze. Did she say what I think she said? I was sure that I had simply just misheard her. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I don't think I heard you correctly."

With a blank expression, she spoke, "You look like you just smoked crack. *дворняга."

I didn't know what to say. I just smiled like an idiot and turned back around. She was crazy! Why was I surrounded by crazy people?! I quickly took two big bites of my sandwich and stood up.

I wanted to be anywhere but there with that rude maid. I would admit, I didn't look like a ray of sunshine at the moment but to go as far as to say I looked like... actually, I won't even say it!

I wandered aimlessly through the garden of the school. I found some girls gossiping and others studying on the benches and gazebos. Finally, I had been left all alone. Magnolia seemed to have not followed me. I looked up to the sky and realized just how blue it was—as if someone had trapped me inside a painting.

"Camellia! We've been looking for you!"

I blinked back into reality and saw Tulip and Iris walking towards me. My mood suddenly skyrocketed.

"Y-You were looking for me?!"

"Yeah, we wanted to ask if you'd be interested in joining the biology club!" Tulip smiled.

Oh my! My luck was turning around! I couldn't help but cheer, "Yes! I'd love to!"

But suddenly, a thought clouded my mind. What if Angel is in this club as well? I had to swat it away. This was my passion we were talking about. I couldn't turn down this opportunity.

Iris clapped her hands together. "Great! The first club meeting is on Friday. We'd love to be your own little school guides!" She giggled.

This made my heart full. It felt like the only thing that had been preoccupying my head was Angel. I refused to let him continue to sit on his throne of lies. I gave a warm smile and nodded.

"It's almost time to head back to class, we should get going," Tulip said as she glanced at her watch.

The three of us walked merrily towards the school building. I had been so distracted that I didn't realize  when I had been grabbed by someone and pulled into the bushes.

Falling onto my bottom, I slowly gazed up. There before me stood-

"Angel!" His name just fell right out of my mouth. Magnolia was standing right beside him, her face as expressionless as ever.

He smirked. "It looks like you're having fun."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Y-You're the cause of all my suffering! Do you know what I've gone through these past few days?!"

"Tell it to someone who cares." He rolled his eyes as he played with his hair.

My face drooped. I shouldn't have said that. Of course, he wouldn't care. His gaze fell back onto me and said, "I haven't done anything to harm you, that should at least count for something."

Angel was right. He hadn't tried taking advantage of me while I slept, or lack thereof anyway. It still didn't mean I forgave him for anything. I still felt emotionally damaged!

He sighed. "Anyways, I have exciting news to tell you."

My eyes met his. "You have your first task to complete for me," he grinned, "we're going on a little field trip."

No! This was what I had feared all along. What could he possibly want me to do?! I fumbled trying to stand up. "W-What do you mean?!"

"I'll give you the details later today. Now go back to class." He then turned sharply on his heel, making his long golden hair sparkle in the sunlight.

I stood there speechless. Then I looked at Magnolia. Her robotic mannerisms terrified me. She opened her mouth and whispered, "Crackhead." And left alongside Angel.

This was a disaster. My life was falling apart at the seams. When I got back to class, I found Iris and Tulip eagerly waiting for me.

"Camellia, there you are! We were wondering where you went."

"Sorry, I got caught up with... something." I nervously laughed as I sat back down at my desk.

Tulip turned to me and lowered her voice just so the two of us could hear, "Did you guys hear? Angel was elected as president of the student council!"

My vision began to blur. Did she say what I think she said? This couldn't be true! I had planned to join the student council this year, but now that I knew he was president, who knows what kind of awful things he would make me do!

Iris chimed in, "Oh yeah, I heard! It's amazing that a third-year is already president! It's never been done before!"

The two of them continued their discussion while I was left to deal with my intrusive thoughts. The task and now this! I don't know how much more I can take before my brain explodes.

It was as if the universe had placed Angel in my life to test me. He was the ruler of my mind, and I was nothing more than his lowly subject.

━━━━
a/n
*дворняга (dvornyaga) - mutt in Russian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
Missing Aspen By Sar

Teen Fiction

960 186 32
I cross into California, and let out a sigh or relief. I've finally made it, the place I've dreamt of living. To bad I have to go to a very exclusive...
3.5K 488 71
One single meeting on the plane ride home turns out to be the beginning of something new. The short journey brings together two people who aren't eve...
1.3K 119 16
Who knew my life could be this complicated? So many lies, so much hate, and so much drama. It may get out of hand and murders, mysteries and killers...