Peaches

By ComfortablySedated

Peaches holds a secret that binds her to a lifestyle she was forced into at a young age. She is made to perfo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three

Thirty Four

2.4K 70 45
By ComfortablySedated

Gravity felt like heavy weights sinking me through what felt like the hollow layers of the core of the earth. The pull wouldn't slow, growing heavier and stronger. My lungs felt empty, struggling with every shallow reach for a breath. It was hot one second, and deathly cold the next. This dry chill would never die down as my aching body fell into oblivion.

It was a light feeling. Sinking in nothingness, an unstoppable force ripping me through the quiet cold still. Time didn't exist, only the slow rush of falling, powerless, with nothing to crumble into.

Emptiness.

All that I had- my only thought was the ache in my chest as it sucked in every last bit of life it could. I could hear it, the sound of my struggle shaking down in my ribs as each breath grew heavier. I was in a reality of my own, a prisoner of the sleep that trapped my soul. This was dying.

Had I already died?

I wanted to panic, to rage, and fight against whatever kind of gelatin hell this was. I didn't want to die. Not this way. Already gutted open with this rotten sorrow.

I don't want to be alone like this.

Am I?

Is she still with me?

There was no explanation for what I felt, but she was with me. Like a memory that never fades. Something you can see clear as day, with all the details and color. On repeat in my mind, sitting warm in my gut like one of her sweet smiles. It was all her.

For a moment, I felt overwhelmed with comfort. She was with me, what more did I need now? That relief surrounded me, in whatever this gel-like place was, and then it stopped. Everything did.

The pain was back. Deep and unforgiving pain.

Far down in my ribs, I felt my heart jump wildly, jolting with a sudden voltage of power. Like I touched a lightning rod in a crazy storm, I could feel the sting of being electrocuted. I was staring at the grimey brick walls.

I was gasping, choking on the blood that felt like a pool in the back of my throat. My arms flailed around, reaching for anything to grasp onto as life slammed into me like a truck on a highway. "Can't breathe-"

"Oi!" An unfamiliar voice grunted, turning me over onto my side so I could cough the shit out. "Calm down. You have to leave."

"Uh?" I rasped, gripping the wet fabric of my shirt that clung to my cold chest. "The fuck is-"

"Do not die." Fully withdrawn and bored, he squatted beside me and slapped my cheek, bringing me back to attention. "Take her out of here."

"Who are you?" I struggled with my words, looking down at my blood-stained pants. The knife was out.

"I clean the mess, and you leave. No more questions."

"You shot me with adrenaline-" I rolled to my back, grinding my teeth through the agony. My heart was racing out of my chest, aching deep with every loud pump. Like a giant muscle cramp, twisting and tightening until the deep burn touched bone. Over every limb, there was no forgiveness.

My fucking leg-

"The knife."

It was gone, removed from where it was stuck in my thigh. If it wasn't for the full stain of blood spanning the entire leg of my jeans, you wouldn't've known there were any wounds.

But God damn.

"It is not adrenaline, it is ammonia. The knife evidence, it will not be returned. You were lucky enough. I secured a gauze wrap around the deepest of incisions to compress the site. Meaning, I have bought you time."

Where was-

"Where is she?"

He pointed a gloved hand out beside me with a dead look in his eyes. "Behind you."

Groaning aloud, I pushed myself on my side to see her curled on the ground with her knees tucked to her chest. A slow raspy breath shook out of her dry parted lips, holding on for life.

I heaved my body over to her side, brushing her hair back to look at her pale face. Her nose had been bleeding, dried down her cheek in the angle she'd been resting in.

What he did to her, in every detail, I'd never really begin to know. But, if she had seizures, unwatched and untreated, I know the consequences could be serious. There's no doubt she'll have his mark on her for the rest of her life.

"Princess,"

Fuck, I'm gonna puke.

"Can you not get up?" The man tapped his foot against my shoulder.

"Give me a god damn second, alright?" I set my head back, listening to the pattern of her breathing next to my head. It was so quiet, so easy to miss, but I could hear now. I ain't ever gonna forget it either. A fuckin' magical sound, like music in my ears. Better than any song I've ever heard.

She was so strong, holdin' on with all she got through it all.

"Is this your gun?" He asked, holding it by the handle. "If it is, take it. No rounds were fired."

"I know," I grunted, pushing myself to sit upright before taking the gun and pushing it in my waistband. Fuckin' hell, I knew alright. I knew good and well how it felt to kill the bastard with my own hands. No easy way out, that's for sure. He deserved every miserable damned second of that pain. A bullet in the mouth wasn't good enough, and I'd do it all again if I had to.

If I could just hear her breathing for the rest of eternity.

I can do this, even if I think I can't. I'll pull through. For her. Anything for her.

We're almost at the finish line.

I've gotta get Bri out of here, somewhere safe. Someone to help without cops getting involved. This whole mess wouldn't be taken lightly by the pigs, and I'd probably end up behind bars. I can't leave her alone while I rot for the things that I've done.

Briel doesn't deserve that.

My vision felt spotty as I took in the room with new clarity. A kind of victory in knowing I had put an end to his sick habit. The evidence of this brutality was everywhere. In every corner, and on every wall there was at least one well used device that he used to slaughter these girls.

My girl.

After a hard hit to my chest, I cleared my throat and locked stares with the man. Stretching my bloody lips into a smile, knowing good and well he didn't find this as funny as I did. He would never this reward. "You the bitch boy he hired to clean up this mess?"

His eyebrow darted up, challenging my cocky demeanor. As if he could pull anything against me.

Look what I've done.

"If you think that you can offend me. No. I am here to clean and leave. Does not matter what the situation is."

"Funny how it turned out." I scoffed, turning my head to look at Cruz's purple face. Squeezed like an unripened plum, with bloody eye holes and floppy limbs.

Look.

Look at what I did.

"Arrogance will get you nowhere you want to be."

"Yeah, whatever," I grunted, bending my knees carefully to pull myself into a squat. "Looks like it fuckin' worked for somethin' tonight."

"I hope you remind yourself of that as you climb up those stairs. Good luck to you."

Briel's clothes were nowhere to be found. I'm willing to bet that if they were around here, they'd be destroyed.

She had to be covered. Her little frame was shivering, and my blood-soaked shirt would do no good.

"Good luck getting the blood outta the concrete."

Fuck, it hurt to stand. Among the other wounds I had, the leg topped it all. Even my torn-up wrist, swollen out like a busted lip.

The cock sucker just had to use a serrated knife. Fuckin' psychopath.

Through the scalding hot pain of the burning, I pulled through and stood tall with heavy huffs.

The sooner I get her out- us out, the sooner we can get some help. I don't know how, or from who yet, but I guess that'll come to me.

"Alright," hooking my hands under her armpits, I sat her ragdoll body up. "Let's get movin', Princess."

"Today you might be a hero, and tomorrow the villain. Be careful of where you stand." He mumbled, pulling out large bottles of heavy chemicals from a tote beside him.

"Ah," I ground my cracked molars together, pulling her to her feet before swooping her into my arms. Already tasked with the agonizing job of carrying her body, I had no care to feed into any more bullshit talk.

He wouldn't understand the depth.

Briel was quiet in my arms, slumped against my chest as scratchy breaths left her dried lips. I'd like to believe that if her eyes were to open now, she'd find peace and maybe some ease. Happy to leave as much as I was.

We inched to the door, bobbing with the limp in my mangled leg. My girl was in no way heavy, and she never has been, but the strength I usually had was now gone to dust. This was unbearable, and only just a taste of the suffering I'd have to endure climbing those fuckin' stairs.

As I thought, pondering the ways I could push the solid metal door open with her in my arms, it opened quickly.

"Ey!" Diego stepped into the room, oblivious until his eyes met mine. Shock and horror flew over his features, recognizing Marcello's corpse across the room. "Oh, shit! Jesus fuck!"

Oh, he knew him alright.

The wince on my clenched teeth shifted into a smile, watching the realization hit him. "Late to the party, huh?"

"Listen," with a shaky hand, he rubbed at his mouth. Avoiding catching a look at Briel curled against me. "She was money, okay? From so many places. This one body is worth-"

"She's not a body, Diego!" I shouted, hearing the familiar beat of my pulse in my ears. "It's Briel."

No matter how loud I hollered, he wouldn't fully hear me. Too hung up over Cruz's body, like he really didn't think I'd fight for her. Like I trusted him to do. "You actually killed him."

"What did you think was gonna happen?"

"I cannot say-" he shifted from foot to foot as I lowered Briel back to the floor, knowing I was unwilling to take any risks with her in my arms. "You were not meant to- Listen, this is something we can discuss. We can talk. You are reasonable."

These stupid, whiny, kiss-ass words made my blood boil. Another man I called a friend for years turned against me, with nothing to say but the ridiculous spits for mercy.

Mercy I didn't have.

"You've got me all wrong if you think I can manage to be reasonable."

"His time was coming, Blake. You did him a favor." Diego's head twitched to look at the shut door behind him, growing uncomfortable as I closed in. "This work has always been dangerous and he was pulling in the big money. You must understand. He was going to die anyway. Somehow."

Gripping the handle of my pistol.

"I'm gonna kill you," I nodded stiffly, growling through my teeth. "You can take it like a man, Diego, or you can keep pullin' on like this sad bastard."

"You must understand-"

I whipped the head of the pistol up, pushing it against his mouth until the barrel scraped his teeth. "It was wrong. You knew what was happening and you let it."

Faced with panic and regret, he finally looked at her body propped up against the wall I had him pinned to.

"You see what he did to her?" I pushed the barrel farther into his gums. "You think that's right? To do this to them? All the other girls? For money? You're as sick as him."

"I know I've done wrong by you- by her. I wish I- but-" His breathing picked up, the wheels in his shriveled brain turnin' as he thought through his next move. Knowing damn well there was no way out.

There's no money for them.

It's done.

I've already won.

"Look at me, Diego." I cocked the gun, smiling as the sound made him swallow and shiver. "C'mon, don't be a pussy."

Finally facing me with eyes like black holes, I could see a shred of acceptance. There was no coming back from the mistakes he made, and he knew it. There was regret, something he felt deep enough to close his eyes tight for a second. Thinking it all over.

It's what I would do.

But I ain't a piece of shit.

"Look at me."

His eyelids flicked open, and he stared back at me, cold and scared like he could see his fate unravel before him. In his moment of acceptance, I pulled the trigger, unwilling to miss a second of seeing his life float away from him.

Letting him topple down at my feet, I kept still to watch his blood and brain matter slide down the cinder block.

I am not a killer. I don't do this for fun, and I don't take any sick pleasure out of watching men die under my hand. But I felt relief. It was like cleaning up a nasty mess that mucked up my sorry-ass life. I know I shouldn't be smiling, but I had no room for sympathy or remorse.

I'll kill them all if I have to. As I've always promised her. Friend or not, if it's her life at stake, theirs will end.

Moments after splattering Diego's skull out on the wall, I quickly decided that I could make use of this kill, while his clothes were still somewhat fresh. Briel would have something to cover her now, thanks to him.

"Looks like you've got another mess of mine to clean up." I chuckled, pulling Diego's arms from the sleeves of his button-up.

"Leave the gun." The man sighed, stepping over to my side to watch.

"Sure."

"Anything outside of this room is your business, you understand?"

Bri fit nicely in his shirt, big enough to sit down her thighs to cover her nudity. She was finally allowed some dignity after all that she went through. Most importantly, she was going to be treated with this respect for as long as possible. Forever.

I kissed her forehead and hoisted her back into my arms, nodding my head at the door with a grunt. "You open that for me?"

"Hmm," the man grumbled, pushing the door open. "Good luck."

"Yeah," I groaned, holding to her tightly as we crossed the threshold of the door. "You too, man."

God, if Bri could just see this. To know that we were gonna be okay no matter what happens next. Anything could happen next. It's just us.

Aside from the gruesome sight of it all, the battered state of my body and wounds left behind, I'd hope she could find some relief. I'm sure she would smile, all teary and confused before leaping towards me for a hug fit for a monkey. A little snort of a laugh would pop outta her chest and she'd hold me good'n tight.

That feeling alone would give me enough to knock this whole stair bullshit outta the park.

Soon, baby girl.

A drop of blood trickled down the side of my leg as I took my seventh step up the narrow stairs. The pain was one thing, one fucked off thing, but knowing that I still had feeling in it was good enough. Something to work with.

Each step brought us closer to the top, but after treading up these first two stairs doubt raised a heavy flag in my mind. My legs couldn't hold her, my arms had no control and my chest was tight with the ache of pain. Falling back against the harsh railing to balance on the first landing, I huffed through the pain and spoke a weak word of encouragement to myself. "Alright now,"

There were two more sets before the next landing, and I still had the hallway to walk through. Who knows how many levels there were. Did I even count them?

There had to be a plan- fuck me. What's there to plan? I need to move. To function.

I'd have to readjust her. It's that or I end up dropping her and falling on her body. Completely out of the question for me. I have to think fast.

I can't go down yet.

"I'm sorry if this hurts you," I grunted while lifting her to lay over my shoulder, freeing up a hand to be able to stabilize myself on the railing. "I'll go quickly, okay?"

Tingling shockwaves shot up my leg with each unstable step, I could hardly bend my foot to stretch my ankle it was so damn numb. Rooting from the irritated punctures in my muscle tissue, my limb was nothing but fire. Absolutely useless in getting us up this mountain.

Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead, dripping down my spine to be soaked into my shirt that was already stuck to my back.

"I have some water," My voice was nearly gone now, worn down to a low rasp. "A whole case of it in the truck. That'll be nice, won't it?"

Talking was meant to help me stay focused and alert, but it seemed to only be a distraction. My shoulder bounced into Bri's ribcage hard as I tripped over the final step of the second level, and she let out a gurgle.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry."

Each movement became more and more of a challenge, my body seemed to be shutting down on its own, begging for a rest.

I just might need it.

We do.

Letting myself rest on my knees, I saw my vision fill with dark spots, blackening my sights.

Passing out.

Don't fall backward.

Forward.

Fall forward.

In the black void of my sleep, I heard her speak to me. Her scratchy voice was still soft and calm like she knew there was peace.

"Wake up."

I don't know if I can do it.

"Come back to me."

I don't know what I'm gonna do next.

"Wake up."

The shake of her shivers brought me back to reality, restarting my engine for just a sputtering moment. It was difficult to believe that I'd fallen again. I never meant to fall, much less, bring her down with me. Laying beside me on the landing with her head turned to me, her purple eyes watched me, tired and distant.

Before she slipped from consciousness, I sputtered my words out as fast as I could "Are you alright?"

Her mouth opened stiffly as she made a rough attempt to talk again. A chore that was so hard on her that in place of a response, she let out a strained cough before vomiting on the landing between us.

"We're almost there, Ambriella." Sure, it might'a been useless to speak when she's feeling like this, ripped apart with a pain she should never have to feel. Her eyes said it all, telling me the extent of her suffering with that one absent stare. That sparkle of light in her was blown out, showing only the darkness inside.

I hadn't lost her yet, but he had torn her away from me.

"I've gotta carry you over my back again, is that okay?" My throat hurt so bad, it felt like there were razor blades in my damn windpipe. "It'll be the fastest-"

Calmly closing her eyes, she eased into peacefullness and nodded stiffly. A soft acknowledgment. She knew we'd be okay.

She believed in me.

Growling out loud, I hoisted myself from the floor and stumbled on my feet. These sudden power naps weren't helpin' as I thought they should. Everything seemed to hurt worse.

It's my adrenaline. Pumping up and down every time I come to.

My body wants to fucking die.

I won't have it.

I pulled her up with me, placing her more comfortably on my back. Anything to get my shoulder outta her stomach.

Last thing I need is a back soaked in puke.

"Can't be much more, baby."

Each step was a battle. A grueling challenge to the top. This end was up for grabs, I was so close. The pain could wait. I just had to remember that.

It can always wait.

Any wound can heal.

With time comes strength, and with strength, you can be unstoppable. The only challenge is what's ahead. If I can't face that, am I as strong as I need to be? For her?

Right on the edge of defeat and power, I struggled up my last step to see the door, illuminated by a bold red exit sign.

Our finish line.

My lungs were screaming for a breath, but I howled out a laugh. Releasing all of my doubt, we were free.

With just a hallway to walk down, I found some power in my arms to be able to hold her right. Walking out of here with some dignity and pride, carried like the princess she was. I let her slide off my back and down to her feet, tucking her head into my chest.

My lips pressed against her forehead, whispering against her cold skin. "Everything is gonna be just fine."

Saving my sentiments for later, and believe me, there will be a perfect time for that, I locked my emotions in check and focused forward. My arms hooked under her legs, lifting her from the ground to carry her through the door in style.

The fiery sun had no mercy for us as we were met with its harsh rays the moment I pushed the door open. It might've been hard to believe that I'd been down there for so long, but imagine how Bri felt.

It's been days.

The gravel rocks crunched together, digging into the thick soles of my boot as my foot drug across them, creating an uneven path behind me from my limp leg.

The Chevy sat like a good girl, shining under the rays with the waves rolling in the background, lookin' like a damn prize after this battle. It was our getaway. A chance to drive far away from here. To start new.

To start over. For real this time.

Peaches head fell back onto my forearm, dangling freely with her nose pointed high into the sky like she was absorbing the sunlight, restoring a small spot in herself with it's powerful energy. She breathed it in hard, wheezing as her chest dipped up and down.

"You like that, don't you?"

Fresh air, a cool breeze that left the body feeling warm and refreshed. An escape worth a lifetime of rewards. Small or large, Bri and I could have it all together.

I settled her into the passenger seat, working my bruised fingers to secure her in the seatbelt.

"I'm gonna find us some help, alright?"

Climbing into the front seat, I was already working on finding a quick resource. Anyone to help that could be trusted to the fullest. It had to be someone outside of this fucked up circle that I was tied into, and it wasn't gonna be a general hospital. It couldn't.

But as a last resort.

My cell phone was cracked, crunched as a result of the scuffle. But despite its obvious damage, I was lucky enough to be able to turn it on. I really only needed the contacts, so as long as it could function long enough we'd be okay. Bri's phone was still good, tucked away in the glovebox.

Who the fuck do I call?

Who would be willing to handle such a task at-

Fuckin' 8:00 AM?

Do I call Rick? He's probably at the shop by now, elbow deep in workin' under a greasy car. He wouldn't know anyone. God knows Rey wouldn't know either, the sweet little thing.

They have no idea how bad my shit's gotten.

Zach? The fuckin' idiot. I'd be better off without him near this shit at all, he already knows enough. What he knows wouldn't help anyways. Nothing goin' on in that thick skull 'sides what's on his plate.

Wait-

Natalie.

Zach and Nat haven't been together in year's. Shit, I haven't spoken to her since that night I was shamefully sloshed, tryin' to snake my way into her pants. She was too smart for me, goin' places that I'd never in a million years be able to match. A fuckin' nurse. Pretty sure an ER specialist, too. The lady was a smart little worker bee.

Did I even have her number? Was it still working?

I cleared out my throat, hawking a spit rocket out the window as I listened to the call work to connect. Just before the final ring, I heard the line pick up, muffled static until her chirpy voice answered. "Uh, hello?"

"Natalie?"

"Who's this? Chris?"

"Yeah," Fuck, I sounded rough. "It's me. Listen, I need a-"

"Chris? I hope you aren't calling about Zach. I know you aren't calling about him, because it's been too long. You know we aren't together anymore."

"I know, Nat. This isn't about him. Not this time."

"I don't mean to be so bold, but I really don't want anything to do with you either. This is insane, I can't believe I'm even on the phone with you this early."

"It's not like that. I'm calling you with everything I've got now, layin' it all down on the table. I need your help. At least help my girl."

"What? Hold on, let me get off the treadmill. Are you in some sort of trouble right now? You need to call 911."

"Listen, I can't. It's bigger than that, Natalie. I had to pull her out of some deep shit and- We need your help, and it's gotta be quiet."

"Quiet?" She hissed in a hushed tone. "What's that supposed to mean? You can't just call me-"

"Nat, we're gonna die here, I can't argue with you. I'm comin' to you as a man in need. I love this woman, I need her to live."

"I'm sorry, I've had a lot of pre workout. Got a lot of adrenaline here. I- I don't know how I can help. I-"

"Human trafficking bullshit. They were gonna harvest her. Sell her. Rape her. Nat, I had to kill people to get her out. I need you."

"Oh my God. Chris, I-"

"Don't say no," I felt tears roll down my cheeks, heart racing as I felt desperation take over. Feeling like she was my only chance. She was. "Not yet, please. Let me just- I can pay you any number you want. We just- we need you."

"Listen. Calm down, okay? Were either of you shot? Are there bullets?"

"No, just stab wounds and- I don't know, head wounds. Bruises and-"

"You were stabbed?"

"Yeah. Just me."

"Are you able to drive?"

"So you'll help?"

"If you can get to my apartment ASAP, I'll figure it out from there."

"I don't know how to thank you."

"Don't thank me yet. Just don't make a huge fuss getting up there. No unnecessary attention."

"I'll do my best. Bri can't move."

"God damn it, Chris."

"You're tellin' me. You flick me the address?"

"Sure thing. One last question, does anyone know you're coming?"

"Nope, it's just us."

"Good. See you soon then."

"Thanks, Nat."

"Drive safely."

She hung up first, but I had already pulled the phone away. Celebrating a quick moment as I was full of deep happiness. Proving that I could be what I needed to be, I could follow through with my goal and promises. It was my life work.

Briel was my world now. She was the only thing that every mattered and nothing would ever come in between that love again.

I dropped the phone down into the cup holder and reached under the seat for my spare cigarette. My well earned treat. Something to calm my nerves for the drive ahead of us.

I found a lighter and sparked it up, inhaling strong as I set my head back with a sigh. All we had to do now was wait for an address. We'll be on our way with just one text message.

I did good.

I worked hard and did what I had to.

For her.

Taking my next inhale, my phone buzzed against the plastic cup holder and lit up with the message containing directions. Our last sure destination before total freedom. Anything we wanted.

"Alright baby," I grinned a bloody smile as I raised my foot off of the clutch and shifted the gears into reverse.

Bri was smiling, tuckered out against the window frame, hopefully having sweet dreams of the long life ahead of us. Her lashes didn't so much as flutter as the engine turned over, softly playing the radio over the cool rush of the AC. My sweet princess and I, free from the shackles that buried us deep in our personal pits of hell. It was just us now and forever.

"let's get outta here."

-
🍑
*Mwah*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 72 13
"I want to see your pretty body tremble and collapse from orgasms you can't hold back because you love being out on display for everyone. But you're...
263K 9.3K 30
After years of pining for the man she let go, Hailey is reeling as he crashes back into her life. She'd be a fool to let herself get burned again - b...