Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜

25.5K 491 115
By iguessiwritebooksnow

(This is Sophia's outfit of the day!! ^)

Sophia's POV

When I arrived at my house, I was a bit out of breath. My mother couldn't bring me back home because of some emergency at work, so I had to walk the whole way. I hope it's nothing serious though, I worried. It was her first day of work here and there was already an emergency? That mustn't be good, right?

I took the house key from my bag—I always have a spare key with me—and unlocked the door. I threw my bag in the living room and jumped on the couch. We didn't get any homework, because it was the first day, so I was free to do anything I'd like.

At school, I didn't have any further classes with either Evie or Natalie, but I sat with Natalie and some of her friends at lunch.

I usually kept quiet, only answered a few question her friends asked me, but nothing big. They were surprisingly really nice to me, they all seemed pretty laid-back and chill, so they didn't mind me not talking much, which I appreciated. 

Also, I figured that Natalie was gay, as she and the same girl she winked at in the hallways kissed in the cafeteria.

The rest of the day, nothing interesting happened. I didn't see Logan a second time, sadly. I quite enjoyed his company, it made me feel less lonely.

As much as I hated to admit it, I felt kind of disappointed when Grayson was nowhere to be seen after History class. He wasn't there for lunch—yes, my eyes may have been unconsciously searching the cafeteria for him—and neither was he in all the other classes he was supposed to be in. We are in the same Math's class, I noted. The teacher called everyone's name to see who was present, but when he came to Grayson, it was silent.

I don't know why I felt that way, I didn't even know the guy! Yet something about him was so fascinating. His cold eyes, how a few strands of his messy, dark hair fell in front of his eyes, the way his muscles flexed with every move he made. He wasn't overly ripped, like to the point where it was a little too much for a high school kid, but simply perfect. My, everything about him was perfect.      

But I guess that's why all the girls acted the way they did, I couldn't blame them. I shook my head, needing to stop thinking about him and focus on something else.

I gripped my phone from my bag and put on some music. I always listened to music in my spare time. I made a bowl of pasta, that's about the only thing I can cook, and that's why we usually have deep-freeze pizza somewhere. It's not as good as freshly delivered pizza, but I was way too shy to deliver on my own.

When I finished eating, I put the leftovers in the fridge and put my plate in the dishwasher. I started cleaning the kitchen counter, while dancing and humming to the words of the songs. No one was home, so why care?

Just as I finished, my mom came in through the front door. I hadn't even heard her walk in, as I was too busy swaying my hips to the music.

"Hey, Sophia, I'm home!" she shouted over the music. I turned around quickly, then sighed in relief as I looked into my mother's eyes. I turned off the volume and greeted her. She apologised for not being able to pick me up after school, but I just shrugged it off, saying it was fine.

"Hmm, why does it smell so good in here?" she asked.

I smiled, "There's some leftover pasta in the fridge for you and Dad." She grinned, happy she didn't have to make dinner now, and went over to the fridge.

"It looks delicious," she commented, making me puff out my chest and lift my nose up in the air, feeling proud of myself. 

"It is delicious," I said to her. She chuckled.

I went upstairs to my room, plopping myself down on the bed, but not before grabbing my computer from my bureau and opening Netflix. I continued watching the series Gossip Girl—Liv proposed it to me, and I instantaneously fell in love with it. Though, whenever a 'naughty' scene came up, i had to look away.

I know, I know, it sounds childish and stupid, but I always felt uncomfortable watching people kiss in public. I guess it had to do with my parents never allowing me to watch things that are 16+
Even though I am sixteen. 

My parents didn't want me to lose my 'innocence' too early, their words, not mine. My parents could be pretty overprotective at times, they were like my own personal bodyguards. I swear, I heard my dad talking about home-schooling me once, but my mother still wanted me to have a normal teenage life. She didn't want me missing out on things, and I was happy that she felt that way.

After a few hours of watching Netflix and eating from the secret stash of candy I had hidden in my room, I started yawning and getting tired, so I closed the computer and put on my pajamas, which consisted of a simple oversized shirt and some shorts.

I had already brushed my teeth, so when my head hit the pillow, I drifted off into a deep slumber. It really wasn't that late, not even my dad was home yet, but with the nerves of my first school day and everything, I was exhausted. 

~

The next morning, I woke up groaning as the loud sound of my blaring alarm clock met my ears. With my face still pressed into my pillow, I blind searched for the stop button. 

For a moment, I lay unmoving in my bed, deciding if I should get ready for school or just wait until my mom or dad comes in and has to pull me out of bed.

After arguing with myself, I reluctantly put my left leg out of bed, then my right one, and so I kind of fell onto the floor. Luckily, I have a carpet floor, so it didn't really hurt.

I dragged myself to the bathroom, after stumbling over my own feet a couple times, and closed the door behind me lazily. I stripped from my clothes and stepped into the shower. I promptly relaxed under the warm water streaming down my back and sighed dreamily.

I draped my towel around my body tightly when I finished, walking over to my closet. I stood in front of it, looking through all my neatly folded clothes, and finally found something. 

I decided to go with a light grey jogging and a blue halter crop top. I added a white cardigan around my shoulders and put on a bronze-colored necklace. 

I sprayed myself in my body perfume and looked at myself in the mirror. I never thought of myself as ugly, but neither did I think I was pretty. I had my moments when I felt better than other times and vice versa.

My brown hair was properly brushed through, so it fell in smooth waves down my back. I put on some light makeup—the usual, light mascara, eyeliner and gloss—and went downstairs.

When I was done eating, my mom took me to school after I said good bye to Dad.
"Okay, Honey, enjoy school," Mom said as she kissed my cheek. I smiled at her and took a deep breath. At least the first day was over, right? 

I had way less stress than yesterday, because I now already had three friends and didn't need to worry about where to sit at lunch. Natalie told me I was always welcome there.

I climbed out the car, saying, "Thanks, Mom. You too at work!" and closed the door, waving one last time.

As I crossed the parking lot and proceeded into the school, a few people acknowledged me, but then turned away again, as they recognized me from yesterday. I hoped I was old news, I didn't like the attention I got yesterday.

This morning I checked which classes I had and memorized them, so that I didn't have to bring my timetable around anymore. First, I had Biology, and I internally sighed. My grades were decent, but I never loved the subject. It was so boring. The last time I had to study for a test, I literally fell asleep on my desk.

I didn't know for sure, but I think I knew my way to the classroom. I may or may not have been memorizing the map of the school as well. I just didn't want to get lost and be late, okay?

I was casually walking through the corridors with my head down, not wanting to attract too much awareness to myself, but jumped when I suddenly felt a presence besides me, too close for my liking, to be honest.

I looked up and found myself staring at a boy, about my age. He was taller than me, but not by a lot. He had red hair and green eyes. They reminded me of someone, and I didn't need to think twice before I knew who. Grayson, of course. But Grayson's were a lot more intense and colder. This boy also had a more boyish charm to him, he was grinning widely.

 "Hey, Pinkie," he said, flashing me his white teeth. Some of his teeth were a bit crooked, but it only matched his boyish appearance even more. Wait, did he just call me...Pinkie? Who in the fudge is Pinkie?

"Uh, m-my name's not Pinkie," I corrected, a confused look crossing my face. He snorted, as if it were the funniest thing anyone has ever said, and shook his head lightly.

"You're funny, Pinkie," he once again said. I was about to correct him, but someone cut me off.

"Get lost, Weasley!" a familiar voice sounded from behind me. I turned around and felt relief wash over me as I saw Logan catching up with us, a grin on his face. He put an arm around my shoulder and ruffled the boy's red hair.

"Come one, Dude! You know I hate it when you do that!" the boy wined, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"That's why I do it," Logan jokingly pushed the red-headed boy against the lockers, smirking. The boy, I assume to be his friend, rubbed his arm and glared at Logan. "I'm gonna get you back. Just you wait."

Logan laughed and raised his eyebrows. "I'd like to see you try," he said, now looking down at me, smiling and then winked. He looks so gorgeous when he does that... Gosh, why does every boy here have to be so incredibly handsome?

I blushed a bright red and lowered my gaze, and I heard a chuckle coming from him. 

"So, what do you have now?" Logan asked me, but before I could open my mouth, the red-headed boy cut me off by saying, "I think PE."

Logan snorted and shook his head. "Hey, Stupid, I'm not talking to you. I'm asking Sophia," he said as if it were the most obvious thing. The red-headed boy scoffed, pretending to be offended, he placed his hand over his heart, "That hurts, Bro. Not gonna lie." Logan chuckled and looked down at me, probably waiting for my answer. 

"Oh, um, Biology, I think," I spoke softly, feeling small as the attention of the two boys were now on me. Logan nodded, saying, "I'll take you there if you want?" He'd want to do that again? 

I looked up, to see that he was already looking down at me. Why did he want to take me? As you can probably see, I was confused. I wondered why somebody like him, would want to be seen in public with someone like me.

"Yes, please," I accepted his offer nonetheless, feeling happy that he wanted to accompany me. He smiled and nodded his head again. His arm around me made me feel safe and warm, it almost made me oversee some of the stares we were getting. Almost.

Girls were looking at me with jealousy clear on their faces, either glaring at me or rolling their eyes. But why? Nothing is going on here. We're just two friends walking to class. I looked away from the group of girls that were staring at us and fixed my gaze in front of me instead.

"Aight, I'll leave you two lovebirds here and catch you later. Don't forget the practice after school!" the red-head said to Logan as he walked away, giving me one last glance and turning around. I felt Logan's gaze on me, so I met his eyes and asked, "What?"

He raised his brows and asked, "What what?" I couldn't identify if he were playing with me or not.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, genuinely confused. He gave me a toothy smile. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Sophia."

Yup, he's messing around with me. I stared at him for a couple of seconds, scanning his face to classify the emotions that played on it. The amusement was clear on his face, and after two more seconds, I let out a breathy giggle that I was holding in, not being able to hold the eye contact any longer. I now looked at my shoes.

After a moment, I asked a question that I pondered over since his friend came along. "Who's Pinkie?" 

Logan looked down at me, his arm still draped around my shoulder. I felt my body shake a little as a laugh erupted from his chest. He saw my wide, curious eyes and answered, "He called you that because you're tiny," he said. 

I didn't know how I should feel about that. I mean, I wasn't that short, right? And even if I was, the boy himself wasn't much taller than me, only a few inches. I scoffed internally.

"You are adorable, has anyone ever told you that?" he suddenly said. Come to think of it, Natalie told me that yesterday, and she wasn't the only one to ever say that. Loads of people have told me before. 

"You have no idea," I muttered under my breath, thinking about it, but he heard me.

"I wonder why," he said ironically.

"You and me both. I don't understand it, I don't even do anything when people tell me that," I complained, throwing my hands up in the air, without noticing that he was being sarcastic.

I looked up when I heard another chuckle escape his lips. "That's exactly why, Princess," he smirked, raising his eyebrows. I couldn't stop the blush that coated my cheeks when he called me by that nickname. But, again, I don't understand why I was being so-called 'cute'.

When we arrived at my classroom, he turned me around by the shoulders. "Meet you here after class, okay?"

"Why?" I asked him. Did he still actually want to talk to me? He raised his brows in amusement, wondering if I was being serious by questioning him that.

"So that we can skip school and go eat ice cream," he said, making my eyes widen. I've never skipped school before. Surely my parents would kill me if they found out I did. But I do love ice cream though...

I snapped out of my trance, blinking a few times. I opened my mouth to politely decline, but when I looked around, he was nowhere in sight. Did he leave me? I looked to my right one more time. Yup, he did.

I entered the classroom, too deep in thought to take notice of the boys that looked at my every move. I sat down in an unoccupied seat, somewhere in the back of the room, and took out my workbook, placing my bag on the ground. I started making random doodles on the front of the book, just to keep me busy while the teacher wasn't here yet...

A/N: Hey guys!! Did you enjoy this chapter? 

What do you think about Sophia, Grayson or Natalie and Evie. Maybe even the Weasley boy?

Please VOTE and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45.2K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
318K 9.2K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
285K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
3.4K 146 33
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...