The Fear of the Past //Saioum...

By WoahLuci

There was a new motive. One person would be chosen to get their memories before the killing game. Depending o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter. 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Not a update, but a note. (Ignore if wanted)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Special Chapter 1
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Notice
Chapter 19
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 prt.1
Chapter 23 prt.2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Special Chapter 3
The mastermind
Chapter 30(fake)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 20

2.8K 105 120
By WoahLuci

Kokichi figured he should start with the body. After all, he still needed to comfirm some suspicion he had. Luckily, only Shuichi was in the dining hall, so he didn't have to worry about getting weird looks.

He walked up to where the body was and looked at it's position for a little. It was layed down ontop of the table, one leg dangling off the edge. He wasn't sure if it meant anything, all he knew was that it'd be some time before they'd eat in that table.

Angie's body, did in fact have burned skin. It looked like the wrinkled skin of an elder, although much worse. Her lips however, were in worst condition.

The way they looked made him believe that the lips took most of the liquid. That would explain the injuries in the throat. Being forced to drink the chemicals was sure to cause some skin damage. Maybe it was intended.

The thing he didn't like was that it reminded him too much of Rantaro's case. It made him believe that perhaps it was just a copycat. That would certainly be trouble.

He figured that he was done with the body. Next, he should investigate the dining hall itself as well as the kitchen.

Kokichi did a quick search of the dining hall, finding nothing in particular. When he was about to enter the kitchen, a reflection caught his attention.

He carefully inched closer to it, and upon further inspection, he concluded that it was broken glass from some kind of container. It probably was used to house the chemical. The culprit must've been too careless and imagined that nobody would find these glass shards. Mistake on their part.

The shards were too scattered and small for Kokichi to make out. He wasn't able to see what the container looked before it had been shattered. Even after arranging them in different order, he wasn't able to do anything.

With a disappointed sigh, Kokichi walked away from the glass shards. He fugured that the kitchen would be the next possible hiding spot. After all, it was close to the dining hall.

He walked in quickly, closing the door behind him. He didn't want someone to walk in on him investigating. It made him feel as if he were being studied. It made investigating a murder case extremely uncomfortable.

He walked over to the trashcans, shaking them ever so softly. He didn't want to stick his hand in there, but he needed to check if some kind of evidence was in there. However, he didn't find anything that was out of place in them.

The sink was the next place he decided to search. It was nothing more than a gut feeling. He felt as if he would be missing something if he skipped the sink.

Kokichi walked over to where the sink was. He stared at it for a while. It was empty. Well partially empty.

A singular dirty dish sat there. It seemed as if whoever had used it had rushed cleaned it, not having time to clean it truly. It was quite obvious that the dish was not cleaned by Kirumi. There was a difference in the shininess of the plates, the ones Kirumi did seeming way more cleaner.

With one last glance, he exited the kitchen and entered the dining hall.

The next thing on his agenda was questioning the others. It was important that he collected alibis, although he doubted that they'd do much good in this situation. He had been wanting to question Shuichi first, since he was the closest to him, but he could no longer do that since the detective was gone.

While he was looking for the other students, he might as well investigate the other rooms. Who knows what he may find. Plus, he should try to get the most information as possible. Every piece of information would be useful in a class trial.

With a goal in mind, he exited the dining hall.

He decided to go to Kirumi's lab first. He needed to clear some things up with her and he figured that she'd be in there. Or maybe not. Either way, he should start there.

Since he hadn't visited Kirumi's lab before, he had no idea of where it was. So, he took out his Monopad to try to find it. He did find it on the school map, so he no longer had any problem finding it.

After a while of walking, he arrived infront of the door. With a quiet sigh, he opened it and stepped in.

It was a pretty lab with the Victorian era style and everything, but he had no time to admire it.

Kirumi, or anyone for that matter, were not in the lab. That meant that if he had wanted to question anyone in the lab, that he wouldn't be able to do so.

Kokichi figured he shouldn't dwell on what he wanted to do and on what he couldn't do. He had to at least do a quick scan of the area.

He checked under the tables, around the fine china, he even moved the little doll like things that were sitting on the chairs. The only placed he had yet to check was the laundry room.

He opened the curtain like thing surrounding it and stepped in. It appeared as any other laundry room, except it had alot of washing machines. He figured he should go take a look.

He opened the machines, checking if anything was in them. He found nothing, which caused him to become upset. Just as he was about to leave, a thought struck him.

'What about the cleaning chemicals?'

He walked over to where the chemicals were and did a quick count. He smiled, even if what he had found was not good. "It was just as I expected."

A highly strong chemical was missing.

-----------------------

Kokichi closed the lab door behind him. The investigation was quite successful, after all, he had found such an important clue. He was sure to play that card at the right time.

However, he was suprised to be met by Shuichi and Kaede when he turned around.

"Kokichi, what are you doing here?" Shuichi asked looking at Kaede nervously.

"What a silly question! I'm getting rid of the evidence of course!" Kokichi smiled playfully.

"Kokichi, stop lying." Kaede said. He had almost forgotten that she was there.

"O-k-a-y!" Kokichi looked sad for a second before smiling again. "Say, could I ask you two some questions?"

Shuichi looked nervous for a second before responding. "If it's for the investigation... I d-don't mind."

Kaede looked at Shuichi for a second before smiling. "It's okay with me too. Well, if you let us ask you questions as well."

Kokichi thought about it for a while before responding. "Of course! First question. Where were you at the time of the crime?"

Shuichi looked startled by the fact that Kokichi went straight to the point. "I was still sleeping. I know that isn't a solid alibi, but it's the truth."

"I actually woke up an hour earlier from when the morning announcement rang. I woke up to play piano." Kaede replied after Shuichi finished talking.

"Ah, but Kaede. Didn't, Monokuma say that everything was closed during nighttime?" Kokichi said smiling. Before Kaede could call him out on his lie, he started talking again. "Okay, next question! What were you doing at nighttime yesterday?"

Shuichi looked down at his feet before responding. "I was training with Kaito and Maki out in the courtyard. That's also the reason as to why I slept past the announcement. My body was too sore since we did extra excercises last night. You can ask them to comfirm it." He added after a while.

"I went to sleep earlier than the nighttime announcement. Since I was planning to wake up early to play piano, I figured I should sleep earlier than usual. That way, I wouldn't  be sleepy the next morning." Kaede said. If she was telling the truth, her statements backed up each other. It seemed perfect. Too perfect even.

"Okay, thanks for your time!" He ran off, breaking the arrangement that they had made. Shuichi called out to him, telling him to stop.

"Shuichi, it's okay!" Kaede said positively as she grabbed his hand to keep him from following Kokichi.

Shuichi looked at her confused for a second before nodding.

Kokichi looked back to make sure that they won't following him and was suprised to see that they weren't. Oh well, better for him.

Kokichi figured he should go the gym next. After all, that was where the motive was at. Plus, he may find more people to question on the way.

As he was making his way to the gym, he was met with Miu and Korekiyo. They seemed to be heading to the same direction. As people say, if he were to question them, it'd be like killing two Monokumas with one stone.

Kokichi walked up to them and stopped them in their path. They looked at him confused before figuring out that he wanted to question them.

"Stop staring at me. I know that I'm beautiful already." Miu said, annoying Kokichi.

"Shut it, you rip-off Teruteru." He turned to look at Kiyo, ignoring Miu all together. "Hey Kiyo, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?"

"Not at all." Kiyo responded. "The beauty I'll see in the trial... how exciting." He seemed to have gotten off topic for a little bit, so Kokichi had to hurry up and ask him the questions.

"Okay Kiyo. Where were you at the time of the murder, as well as during nighttime yesterday?" Kokichi looked at Miu who just squeaked. "I'll ask you the same question, so start thinking of an answer you horny rabbit."

"Yesterday and this morning, hmm?" Kiyo thought about it for a while before responding. "Yesterday, or last night as some people say, I was sleeping. I went to bed the moment the nighttime announcement rang. As for this morning, I stayed in my room even after the announcement rang. I was memorizing some ancient seances for future reference. Does this answer your questions?"

"Yea, it does." Kokichi replied as Kiyo nodded and left. Kokichi turned to looks at Miu. "It's your turn now. Answer the same questions I asked Kiyo.

"What I was doing last night, huh? I bet you probably just want to think of me doing stuff last night on your next "me time", huh?" Kokichi glared at her angrily making Miu squeak. "S-stop g-glaring at me! Fine, okay! I was with Kiibo since 7:20am! He went to my lab to uh... work on repairs, if you know what I mean. As for what I was doing last night, I was inventing possible repairs for Kiibo. I barely got two hours of sleep! Are you happy now?!"

Kokichi looked at her with a small smile. "Yes, I am satisfied. Happy investigating!"

Kokichi left Miu and quickly walked on over to the gym. He figured the gym must be the best place to find clues, since that was where the motive was at anyway. Maybe the perpetrator had left something that would lead the crime to them.

When Kokichi entered the room, he was met with 3 different people. Well, not really, since there was a robot in there. He didn't count as "people", but oh well.

He decided he would go talk to Himiko and Tenko first. He couldn't talk to Himiko on his own, and if he were to try to talk to Tenko on his own, he probably wouldn't get an answer. So, he figured that the best way was to talk to them both at once.

"Tenko, Himiko, mind if I ask you both a couple questions?" Kokichi walked up to them, hands behind his back.

Tenko was in the middle of saying of course not! but was interrupted by Himiko. "Nyeh, sure. If we investigate properly... maybe we'll be able to bring Angie's killer to light. I would use my magic, but I'm low on mana, nyeh."

Tenko looked at her horrified before turning back to Kokichi. "If Himiko agrees then... you can ask us questions. But don't get too cocky, you male!"

Kokichi ignored that last comment and smiled. "Great! Now, what were you two doing at the time of death and during nighttime yesterday?"

Himiko thought about it before responding. "Last night... I didn't really sleep much. Nyeh, since the phone was used, I was scared that someone would try to kill me. Because of this, I slept past the morning announcement."

"Himiko! If you couldn't sleep, you should've told me so! I could've went into you-" Tenko stopped talking when she realized that Kokichi was still there. He shot her a unimpressed expression. "If you must know, I went to sleep as soon as the nighttime announcement rang. I woke up at 6am to workout. My master used to say that waking up early is best for your spirits!"

Kokichi thanked them for their time and walked on over to Kiibo. He could already tell that this was going to be difficult.

"Helloo. I'm going to ask you a couple of questions, okay? Okay! Lets start." He gave Kiibo no time to prepare himself. "Okay, first question! What were you doing last night?"

Kiibo appeared startled for a moment before responding. "I was charging. I was running low on battery, so I needed to charge myself."

Kokichi looked at him slightly before nodding. "Next question! What were you doing at the time of the murder?"

Kiibo didn't hesitate while responding. "I was with Miu. She was working on some repairs for me. You could ask her for confirmation."

"Ask her what? Do I ask her if you have a dick?" Kokichi ran off laughing before Kiibo could start saying that he was robophobic, and that he'll see him in court.

He exited the gym and looked around the little area. He had been thinking about the glass he had seen, and had been wondering where it was tooken from. The only place he could think of was the warehouse. And maybe, just maybe, he could find a missing glass bottle in there. That could help out in the class trial.

With a goal in mind, Kokichi entered the warehouse. He scanned the shelfs, looking for any glass bottle. He was immensely disappointed to find none.

But this did rise a question. Where did the glass shards come from?

The answer could very well change the outcome of the trial.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.7K 24
°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· . ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°° Kokichi Oma already knew he wasn't someone special. He didn't like himself, others didn't like him. He was an...
6K 157 18
please DONT read if you sensitive to these topics: Self harm, death, spoilers, slow burns, Saiouma, and mental hospitals!! Some notes: This story con...
22.6K 738 39
" "Fine. If you don't want me to care, I won't fucking care. No one ever will! Enjoy being alone and hated forever!" That's one less who will miss m...
4.7K 147 32
Danganronpa V3 x Ghost!Jester!Reader somewhat Fanganronpa? You got that right. You are the ultimate Jester. You may be wondering, why does it say 'gh...