Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎

23.9K 502 93
By iguessiwritebooksnow

Sophia's POV

I walked into the classroom, hoping not to gain any attention from the students that were already in there. I looked up and was happy to see that I had entered the class unnoticed.

I was assuming that not everyone was in the here yet, since a few chairs were still empty and the bell had not rung. Not even the teacher was in here yet.

Did people have their own seats? Was there a seating chart? Probably not. I mean, it's the first day back. So, I guess I was allowed to sit at a desk my choice, right? I didn't want any drama, but decided to not just stand there in the middle of the doorway but go take a seat.

I hesitantly started taking steps towards one of the desks in the back of the room. A place where I wouldn't get that many stares and where most people weren't sitting. It was also next to a window, so that meant I could drift off into a peaceful daydream, while looking out the window if the lesson ever got too boring.

I placed my bag on the ground and pulled out the chair from under the table, grabbing the attention from some students. A few girls caught me, two of them looked at me, scanning my body up and down, and then narrowing their eyes at me. Again, seriously?

The two girls exchanged looks, like they were speaking to each other without actually saying words, and then finally they looked away, but not before scoffing.

I was about to shift my gaze somewhere else, but the third girl suddenly stood up and walked over to me. At first I wasn't sure if it was me she was aiming for, but when I glanced over my shoulder and saw no one, I visibly gulped. Why is she coming towards me? She's probably going to embarrass me in front of everyone, isn't she? I started freaking out slightly, having no clue what to do.

When she approached me and I saw a warm smile on her face, I visibly relaxed. She didn't seem mean, unlike the other girls. But never judge a book by its cover, right?

"Hey, sorry about them," she spoke softly, her voice sounding very soothing. I was about to reply, when I suddenly caught a glimpse of the view behind her when she made a move to stand closer to me, and I instantly regretted looking that way. The two girls were now glaring at me, hard.

"You don't have to pay any consideration to them, they're just like that with people like you," the girl in front of me said. I think she saw the confusion on my face as she started explaining. What did she mean by with people like me?

"I mean, you can't blame them," she laughed. "You're absolutely gorgeous!" I raised both my eyebrows at her. Well, I definitely wasn't expecting that... Was she even being serious, or was she only pulling a prank on me?

"What?" the girl asked when I didn't respond but simply stared at her like a mad woman. I shook my head; it didn't look like she was joking.

"Th-Thanks," I finally spoke. I blushed and looked down, face-palming myself for stuttering. I raised my head when she started speaking again. 

"So, what's your name? I'm Evie, nice to meet you," she put out her hand. Am I supposed to shake it? Of course you are, Stupid. What else are you going to do? I argued with myself again.

"Hi. I'm Sophia," I shook her hand gently and pulled back my arm. "Nice to meet you, too."
It felt like I've had this exact conversation three times before, and I think I have. Wait, does this mean that I have three friends now? I started getting a little excited.

"So, are you—" Evie was interrupted by the door opening unexpectedly. Not only her, but the entire class quieted down. The whole aura around the room changed, and not in a good way. It suddenly felt cold and... I don't know, just different.

In the opening of the door stood a boy—if you could even call him that. He looked more like a man. A young, extremely handsome man. His dark brown hair, practically black, stood messily on his head, yet it still was perfect. His clouded, green, and almost fully grey eyes examining the room. His plump lips pressed into a thin line as he held a blank expression. I have never seen such a beautiful human being before, I'm not even exaggerating. How cliché this may sound, it wouldn't surprise me if he were the son of a Greek God.

The atmosphere felt chiller and a painful tension was hanging in the air as everyone was waiting for his next move. And I was certain that I wasn't the only one who felt it when I saw everybody turn their focus on him.

The different kinds of people looked at him in different, various ways. Most girls, like the two that were previously scolding me, looked at him with something in their eyes. Something I've seen before, but don't know what it is. They flipped their hair and pushed up their boobs a bit, now showing more cleavage than before. One girl even pulled up her skirt 'til it reached above mid-thigh. It was like he was getting his own free stripping show.

Guys looked at him with, what I assumed to be, jealousy. They envied him like I envied a lot of girls here, but I didn't show it that easily. They watched him with hatred in their eyes, but also something else. Something the room was filled with...

Fear. Everyone here held an expression of fear, even the girls that were trying to seduce him couldn't hide the tinge of distress they felt.

I immediately looked down at my desk, fiddling with my fingers as he made eye contact with me. I was bad at keeping eye contact with strangers, but with him...his piercing stare was too much, even if it only was for a millisecond.   

I could feel his burning glare on me. Why was he looking at me? He began taking long, confident strides in my direction. You could feel and hear the power bursting out from them. I swallowed loudly, hoping no one heard it, and shifted uneasily in my seat.

Evie moved a bit to the right when he was only a few feet away from us. He didn't even take notice of the other students that were watching the scene, it was like they weren't even there.

His back and shoulders were tense, just like his neck. I couldn't look away anymore, so I raised my eye-level a little. I was now staring at his chest. Although I knew he wanted me to look up, I possibly couldn't make eye contact with him, I'd most likely faint right there on the spot.

Even his body was sculpted by a God. You could see the muscles flexing through his black shirt whenever he moved and-

"You're in my seat," he stated lowly. Gosh, is he even human? His voice is so deep, yet it doesn't sound creepy or ancient. You could hear the self-assurance flowing in thick waves from his voice. He wasn't angry, but there was clearly annoyance in his tone, like he was on the edge of exploding.

I didn't need to look to know that he was talking to me, and because I didn't want to anger him, I slowly viewed his face, biting my bottom lip as I saw his perfect facial features again. I honestly don't think I'll ever get used to that.

The intense stare coming from his now grey and darker shade of eyes flickered to my lip between my teeth for a quick second before we met gazes again. He cocked his curved brow, waiting for a response from me. I turned my head to the side and looked at Evie, silently probing her what to do.

Liv always told me to stand up for myself more, but if I did, I'd undoubtedly end up digging my own grave. And I guess I was right when I spotted Evie's wide eyes and open mouth, she quickly motioned for me to stand up. And that is exactly what I did. I stood up instantly, causing my—no, his chair to scrape the floor and almost fall back over.

"S-Sorry," I whispered quietly, barely even audible, but I knew he heard, and I, again, avoided eye contact with him, or anyone for that matter. I felt self-conscious and defenseless.

Just as I was about to grab my bag from the floor, I heard footsteps entering the classroom. I hoped it was the teacher, and I exhaled in relief when I saw a woman in her late forties happily stroll in.

"Hello, everyone—oh, why do I feel like I interrupted something here?" she questioned, laughing warily as she searched the class for an answer. When she found none, she sighed and started talking again, her content façade returned. I actually wondered if she really was satisfied with the new school year, or if she only taught for the money. I mean, a lot of teachers I know do it for the latter.

"Okay, you can all take a seat and leave your workbooks where they are now. We are not going to need them today, as we are just going over the subject and which chapters I was hoping we'd see this year," she announced, dismissing the thick layer of tension in the air.

The whole time the teacher was talking, the man in front of me didn't move an inch and kept is sharp glare on me, daring me to not move. So, I grabbed my work-and handbook in one hand, and was about to go to another chair, but the teacher stopped me, "Evie, Grayson, please take a seat, I want to start the lesson," she said, and I froze.

What do I do now? What do I do now? I saw his jaw ticking and his fists clenching, and after a few moments, he finally moved to the seat left of me—the only seat left empty. Evie has already scurried back to her group of friends and sat down, giving me a sympathetic smile.

Now I know why everyone appeared so scared of him, I think he might have anger issues.  

The teacher overlooked the glares he was sending her and continued talking, but I wasn't listening. How could I? The most handsome man is literally sitting only a few feet away from me and probably wanted to blow my head off!

Nobody was looking at him now, everyone kept their focus up front, but I was certain that they all wanted to look back. I didn't take a genius to figure out that they were too fearful to do so.

I finally mustered up a little courage to give him a side-glance, too much of a coward to completely look at him. He was angry, no doubt about that. His arm muscles repeatedly flexed as he tried to calm himself down. I didn't know if he was madder at me or the teacher, and even though I started to really like her, I kind of hoped he was madder at her. I mean, he wouldn't dare kill a teacher, would he? 

I was now fully ignoring the teacher's—who I now know her name to be Mrs. Hamynton—instructing and was completely sucked into my own little world. 

I wonder what Liv's doing at the moment. Maybe she finally decided to ask Ben out, I hope so. Ben is short for Benjamin, and Liv has had a crush on him since Freshman year, but never had the bravery to ask him out.

Oh, and now I at least know his name—Grayson, I think. Mrs. Hamylton called him that. I like the name already...

I snapped out of my daze by blinking a couple times, and noticed that I had been gaping at Grayson this entire time. And he noticed it too, as he looked at me with one perfectly shaped raised eyebrow. My eyes widened like saucers and I instantly looked away and blushed like crazy. Shoot, shoot, shoot! He totally saw me staring at him like some creep! He's probably thinks of me as some obsessive, attention-seeker! 

There goes my overthinking again, I sighed, hiding my still red face behind my hair. I didn't move from that position until I was definite that he had stopped looking at me and wishing he'd already forgotten about it.

I gave him another, hopefully discreet, side-glance. He was looking out of the window, not facing me, but it gave me a perfect view of his side profile. And wow...was it drool-worthy. His sharp jawline and flawlessly shaped nose...it was all too much. How could one person look so devilishly striking, yet so Godly inhuman? 

His expression was blank again, I was glad to see that he didn't look as furious as before. And I swear I could see the ghost of a smirk on his face, but when he turned his head without warning, I looked at my hands in my lap, as if it were suddenly the most interesting thing in the world.

I refused to meet his eyes and pretended to concentrate on what the teacher was saying, although I had no flying idea what she was talking about. For all I know, she could be explaining why the sky was currently blue, and I'd have no idea.

-

When the bell finally rang after what felt like an eternity, Grayson stood up and walked out of the classroom without sparing me a glance. What am I thinking? Why would he waste his time looking at someone like me? Do I want him to look at me? 

I thought about it for a second.

No, no,no. Of course not. That would be nonsense! Why would I want to have the most beautiful man I have ever seen look at me? Pfff...  

A/N: Sooo, what did you guys think? Please comment and vote if you liked it!

Thank you for reading, CU hopefully in the next one <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 24.6K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
211K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
4.7K 108 36
[COMPLETED] [UNEDITED] Athena Vasilios had just figured out that her parents had been leaders of the Italian Mafia. Unfortunately, they've passed awa...
282K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...