^Devil May Care^ Scott Summers

By gaylien_girl

{and all the kids cried out, 'please stop, you're scaring me' i can't help this awful energy goddamn right... More

^cast^
^apocalypse^
^w-what have i done?^
^im here, bubs.^
^suck it up, dipshit.^
^*incoherent laughter*^
^yeah yeah, i noticed.^
^don't want them thinking i've gone soft?^
^i can't read minds, i'm just better!^
^he's proud of you, i can feel it.^
^wow, that felt good.^
^it changed my life.^
^oh honey, where do you think i came from?^
^don't be a wuss, scott.^
^dark phoenix^
^i'm...different^
^is-is everyone safe?^
^yeah, someday^
^the white witch? i like it^
^everything will be fine. i promise^
^just come home, jean^
^it should have been me.^
^what's happening to me?^
^always have been, always will be^
^you took...everything from me^
^yes..yes! yes, you idiot!^
^epilogue^
^new books!^
^beastie^

^please, jean..don't^

1.7K 61 17
By gaylien_girl

as the world caves in: matt maltese

and as the earth runs to the ground
oh girl it's you, that i lie with
———

Jeans orange eyes opened as Maxine turned to her side to look at her with a cunning smile. The chains holding her down broke into ash that floated in the air. Her body rose into the air as the Professor called her but it was no use. Their power was connected and nobody could stop them. The walls around them started to break apart like the apartment building had from Jeans power.

Maxine rose into the air of her own accord, her feet swirling with red energy. Charles and Scott rose up into the air as Max flicked her wrist and the roof came off. Red waves of energy travel underneath the train and made it rise from the ground, throwing the white haired 'mutant' off balance and out of the train completely.

Red bubbles that Maxine had made protected every single one of the mutants that had helped them, keeping the flying debris of the train from harming them. Scott lifted his head up to see outside of the train and saw Jean and Maxine floating above the train as the train come off the rails completely and continued to spin and break apart.

Cars that were now unimportant were thrown aside and crash down to the ground in some kind of remote power plant. Max and Jean stood next to each other as they landed back down in the wreckage as flames around them sparked from the debris. Smoke flew into the air from the destruction as everyone landed on the ground safely. They were all looking at them.

Jeans cracked skin with power as her hair rose up behind her slightly and orange eyes. Maxine's large red horns and split tail, her eyes eyes the glowing with a slight orange tinge and her white hair that blew in the wind. Neither of them talked to each other but they knew that the other was more than to see them.

Maxine turned her head slightly to see other figures start to rise of the rubble. Two started to run at them. As one got closer to Jean, she put up both her hands and it's body started to crumble into ash. The other ran at Maxine, who wrapped it in energy and pulled him apart, leaving nothing behind.

Other ran at Jean from the side but when she turned her head from it and put open one of her hands, it crumbled into dust. The power that surged inside the both of them gave them the power to destroy everything in their path. Including their enemies. Two more came for Maxine once again, only to be reduced to atoms by her power.

While neither of them were paying attention, another came up from behind Jean and stabbed her through the chest. The red head gasped as her chest shined brightly from where she had been stabbed and held in the air by a stick. Max gritted her teeth and turned to the 'man' in question who hurt her sister.

The stick that she had been stabbed disintegrated and her wound healed like it was never there. Max stepped forward and placed her hand on its head as Jean floated back to the ground. The horned woman walked forward, making the 'man' walk backwards as his body irrupt with red energy before his body was reduced to nothingness once again. Maxine had a small smirk on her face as her body twitched slightly along with Jean's. Both their bodies not use to having this much energy inside them, specially the redhead.

Both she even knew what she was doing, Jean turned around with Max only to be grabbed by the throat by the nameless white haired woman. Eerie whispers emanated now from both of their bodies, the solar flares power being pulled between the three of them. For some reason, Maxine couldn't move, only be pulled in by the power that the woman was trying to pull out of them.

The white haired woman that had a hold on Jean's neck was starting to have cracks in her own skin and up her arms. Jean started to rise above them as the woman couldn't take it, the evidence on her face as it started to come apart.

The nameless woman pulled her hand away only to be pulled back by Jeans own and holding it to her neck.

"You want this power? You're gonna get it." The red head muttered under her breath to her. The swirling chaos under the three was starting to grow as the X-Men stood under it, almost scared to go inside. Scott walked forward slightly, keeping his eyes on Maxine in case something happened. But he quickly stumbled back as he held his hand out in front of him.

"Aah! Maxine!" He yelled over the noise, making both sisters look over to him. Max's eyes widened. His hand was starting to come apart, just like the woman in front of them. Her red eyes widened in horror as she realized what she had done. She was hurting them, not protecting them from herself.

"You can't control it.." The nameless woman strained to say as Jean held on to her wrist, "If you kill me, you'll kill them all."

Jean knew what she needed to do but she knew that Max wouldn't agree with it. The bubble of swirling power started to decrease and Scott's hand was going back to normal.

"Your emotions make you weak." The white haired 'mutant' said as they were now much closer than before. Jean didn't answer, only looking over to Max with a saddened look before doing what needed to be done. Before Maxine could realize what was happening, Jean pushed her out of the bubble and onto the hard ground.

Maxine looked up from her spot on the ground, almost in shock and confusion, before she quickly stood up as Jean and the woman started to levitate into the air. They flew up way above the planets atmosphere. All they could see down below was the bright light of the solar flares energy.

'I'm sorry, Maxine.' Maxine could hear Jean's voice speaking in her head.

That's when she realized what she was doing. She was going to kill herself to destroy the woman. To get rid of the energy inside her.

'No, no, no, Jean, please. There has to be another way. Please, Jean..don't.' She pushed her own thoughts into Jean's mind as best she could and hoped that they got to her.

The bright light in the sky seemed to be getting brighter by the second. Ororo looked over to Maxine, who stood at a far away enough distance so that she felt she wouldn't hurt anybody. Not wanting them to disintegrate as well. The lighting bearer went to say something to her, to make sure so was alright from what happened in the bubble. But Maxine put her hand up before she could.

Tears filled her eyes as she never took her red eyes off of Jean. Her sister. She was going to lose her best friend, her sister.

'I can't let you do this.' Jean's voice spoke inside her head.

"I have to protect you this time."

There was a loud boom in the distance and the light from her became so bright that everyone had to look away. But not Maxine.

Jean was gone.

The print from her explosion had made a phoenix in space.

The Phoenix.

It felt like a part of her had....

died.

A blood curdling scream came from Maxine as she fell to her knees. Exploding around her, everything came out. Every ounce of solar flare energy, every ounce of her energy, every ounce of...her.

A large wave of red energy intwined with the solar flare came from her body as she screamed.

Everything non-mutant had been wiped out for miles.

With all her energy now gone, she passed out. Falling to the ground as her horns and tail disappeared, the black veins and ink markings up her arms were gone along with everything the solar flare had done to her. She couldn't felt anything but death looming over her.

Scott ran over to her, cradling her head in his lap as he tried to wake her up as he mourned for Jean. Her skin was paler than he had ever seen it. Her hair had gone back to its natural black color but he noticed something. The one strip of hair in her bangs that never changed from its dark color was now..

White.

Vote and comment!❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 9.6K 43
❝i want―❞ he stopped. tore his fingers through his hair. ❝never mind what i want.❞ his voice was quie...
43.2K 1.7K 24
After a certain super villain decides to attack the White House, the world has become dangerous for mutants once again. Some aren't bothered, but for...
35.1K 649 17
Selena meets Tony after a accident the two get into. Tony and Selena spend a night together. After that Tony starts to gain feelings for Selena in ma...
42.4K 1.7K 83
Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usually, you don't meet them when you're dyin...