Destiny 2 Lightfall: Fallen D...

By OreZhc3

After The Witness and its Pyramid Ships enter a Portal inside of The Traveler, A Guardian and his fireteam fo... More

Chapter One: From Rise to Lightfall
Noble 6 / Fireteam Jester's Bio
Chapter Two: We're Not in Kansas Anymore
Chapter Three: A Hunter's Draw
Chapter Four: A Warlock's Journey
Chapter Five: A Titan's Resistance
Chapter Six: Speak of The Devil
Chapter Seven: Threat Level
Chapter Eight: Almost At Reach
Chapter Nine: The Truth
Chapter Ten: The Unexpected Visitors
Chapter Eleven: Battle of Red Cliffs
Chapter Twelve: A New Frontier
Chapter Thirteen: Made it This Far
Chapter Fourteen: Baptism By Fire [PT.1]
Chapter Fifteen: Insurrection In Jingzhuo
Chapter Sixteen: Calm Through The Night
Chapter Seventeen: The Han Experience [PT.1]
Chapter Seventeen: The Han Experience [PT.2]
Chapter Eighteen: Casual Check Up
Chapter Nineteen: Little Hawk Down
Chapter Twenty: Said Too Soon...
Chapter Twenty One: To The Capital
Chapter Twenty Two: Old Monarchy
Chapter Twenty Three: Who Are You
Chapter Twenty Four: Behind The Curtains
Chapter Twenty Five: Fortunate Son
Chapter Twenty Six: Same Problem Different Day
Chapter Twenty Seven: Honesty Can Kill
Chapter Twenty Eight: With Haste
Chapter Twenty Nine: Home Perspective
Chapter Thirty: Fallen Innocence
Chapter Thirty Two: Behind The Trail

Chapter Fourteen: Baptism By Fire [PT.2]

376 4 1
By OreZhc3

On the ground Cotae is leading a small Tank Force to an Objective
Cotae: "Zavala, evacuation successful expect wounded on board, they'll need medical attention."

Zavala: [good your mission had been updated, a report from an unknown Guardian saying she spotted a Cabal landing force with mchanized tanks and other vehicles in the dozens, destroy them and find the unknown guardian for evec.]

Cotae: "understood Commander, Raiden can i get air support?"

Raiden: [no but i can have Caiatl send an orbital strike.]
Cotae: "that works too."

He lead 5 tanks to the location where he spots the Shadow outpost and fired the first shot.
Cotae: "liquified."
Thatcher: "oi are you sure we're doing this?"
Cotae: "if you didn't find me in that rust bucket i wouldn't."
Thatcher: "noted." he kept going while firing his turret and release a salvo of rockets at pikes and saw the entrance of the camp set up anti tank weapons and Goliaths.
Cotae: "fire a salvo and charge in." they line up side by side and fire a salvo of rockets and cannons before charging at them.
Cotae: "fire for effect, don't let them breath!"

(Raiden's POV)

After reaching the planet's atmosphere and shooting down his 5th target he saw the ammo gauge have 150 rounds left while searching through the clouds for his 6th last target.
Raiden: "I'll have grey hair when i find this guy." he check his fuel gauge seeing it's reach the halfway point then calls for Emperor Caiatl.
Raiden: "Empress The Olympus Mons has completed it's attack and wiping out enemy Transports."
Caiatl: [great report Guardian.]
Raiden: "ma'am, Cotae is leading a Tank force and needs an orbital Strike on Enemy positions sending you coordinates."
Caiatl: [received and granted.]

(??? POV)

After sabotaging all the Interceptors the Guardian took the last one and rode out before being followed by the Psion Pilots.
Ghost???: "Guardian do you know what your doing, we could've wait for the Tanks to arrive?"
???: "and let them get all the credit, i want some of that too."
Ghost: "wow... i choose you right." they spotted the Tank Colum rushing into the camp destroying Tanks and Vehicles before one of the tanks noticed her coming by. a head pop out to see a fellow Guardian's helmet.

Warlock???: "are you the one who sent us here?"
???: "you can say that."

Warlock???: "follow us out we got an Orbital strike about to blow this area to kingdom come." hearing that she rode out and make a speedy retreat and once they exit, a lone allied Cabal ship release it's payload making a wall of fire.

???: "thank goodness, thank you for helping me out."
Warlock???: "follow me to Jingzhuo, we're setting up a Communication Hub and Fengcheng as our base of operations."
???: "lead the way Guardian..."

(Raiden's POV)

After Watching targets destroyed heads back to Fan Castle giving his report to Caiatl first then Zavala.
Raiden: "Empress Caiatl, Targets destroyed, i can see them burning like hell."
Caiatl: [Those Calus Clones will learn from their mistakes, i will meet you at the city.]
Raiden: "yes your majesty... mission complete Commander, returning to Jingzhuo."
Zavala: [good, Cotae and the Guardian are safe including the Tank Squad, all thanks to you.]
Raiden: "give Caiatl the credit, have you seen her wonder weapon, it shreds like a hot knife through butter."
Zavala: [you should have seen these people's faces, i think it may have-]

All the sudden his radar spotted a few hostiles behind and was taking hits as he make a combat maneuver.

Raiden: "damn it!"
Dubs: "Zavala we been ambushed on route!"
Zavala: [can you fight back?] they check the weapons gauge to find it non operational.
Dubs: "gun's offline I'll fix it!"
Raiden: "then i gotta use the Seismic Charge."
Dubs: "if you gonna use it do not go near the city!"

Meanwhile on ground Liu Bei and later Sun Quan and Zhou Yu with some of they're generals made it by VTOL near the gates of Jingzhuo but heard the sounds up in the sky seeing arial combat as five chase the one ship.
Sun Quan: "that bird again."
Niko: "that's Raiden."
Sun Quan: "your team leader?" he pulled up leading the chase into the atmosphere but notice his ship dropped something and once that item is close to the enemy it sudden implodes and created a large ring that destroyed all of the enemy ships within proximity.

(Cai Wenji's POV)

Meanwhile on top of the wall Cao Pi and the Ladies heard and saw what happen and watch the dogfight unfold as the Jumpship flys above the city and activated its flares that look like an Hawk's wings expanding. the enemy missiles track the heat signatures from those flares and expode on impact which missed its real target.
Cao Pi: "so this is what Technology is... so deadly."
Zhenji: "my love we should head back it is dangerous to be out here."
Cai Wenji: "why is it ugly and beautiful at the same time?" she watch the Jumpship gains speed its body was covered by a cone of wind that was silent for a moment before a sonic boom followed by a Dragon's Roar of his jet engine. it ascends into cloud and hearing the loud explosions in the sky before a Thresher turned into a ball of fire crash into the plain area outside the city.
Cai Wenji: "by the heavens."
Cao Pi: "Madam Yan the carriage is waiting, please."
Cai Wenji: "yes..."

After witnessing the amazing aerial acrobatics the Hans were astonished how these Guardians fight in advanced warfare from Tanks to Capital ship. soon they thought if they can gain their support. They saw that ship again this time hovering over them. they cover their faces as the wind picked up blowing dust and within seconds a Armored Guardian teleports on the ground and the ship flying away.
G???: "that was too close for comfort Guardian."
Titan???: "all clear for now." Zhuge Liang saw that tall Titan and quickly recognized it was the Slayer Of Oryx.
Zhuge Liang: "you must be Raiden who The Young Wolf mentioned."
Raiden: 'huh?"

All the sudden the sky flashes as the Olympus Mons finished its attack and drops into the atmosphere with the H.E.L.M Ship hovering above the city that caught the attention of the civilians.
Suddenly a Cabal Pod crash landed near them and cause the group to back away from the site.
Raiden: "stragglers..." they watch Raiden pulled out his weapon and aim at the Pod. With caution he approach the crashed site and when the dust settles he climb on top of the pod and see through a hole and saw the Tormentor trapped within trying to break out.

He then pull out a grenade and pull something out of it before dropping it through the hole and a few seconds explode within and cause roots to spring out of the cracks of the pod like a flower.
Liu Bei: "what is in that boulder?
???: "the enemy..." They turn to face Cao Cao who casually approach them.

Liu Bei: "why did you invite your adversaries here?"
Cao Cao: "i didn't, This Commander did."

They saw Zavala and Mara Sov approach and join them and seeing an Awoken had them off guard.
Zavala: "i am Commander Zavala of the Vanguard and Titan order, and this is Mara Sov, Queen of The Awoken."
Liu Bei: "is she your..."
Mara Sov: "no... what makes you think of that?" The Guardian came back with a Souvenir and gave it to Mara.
Mara Sov: "thank you Guardian, now we'll know what the Shadow Legion's objective here is."
Zavala: "i know you have many questions in your minds and i am willing to explain everything about this situation."
Zhou Yu: "how do we know you are not Cao Cao's vessel?"
Mara Sov: "vessel? we just arrived and you expect us to take sides in your so called civil war?"
Zhou Yu: "what does that mean?"
Raiden: "we're not going to join you acolytes for some cause."

He saw Raiden for the first time seeing his armor has some dents meaning he has been fighting for a while.
Zhou Yu: "so you are the Kingslayer the Young Wolf mentioned."
Raiden: "and why you care to know me, you want an autograph?"
Mara Sov: "Guardian... can you please be nice for once."
Raiden: "we're just having a "conversation", these people are just talk and regret."
Zavala: "Raiden..."
Niko: "you really hate these people that much, huh?"
Raiden: "stranger danger had the best of me."

The Drake Tank arrives to gate followed by a Interceptor driven by a Guardian then stop in front of them. Cotae dismounts from the vehicle and approach Zavala with the Guardian in tow and join besides Raiden.
Zavala: "good work out there, we've stop the Shadow Legion in their tracks, meanwhile the Scorn use the opportunity to attack but are countered immediately, this place is safe for now."

He inspects the unknown Guardian wearing her basic Hunter armor with an Red cloak that has some Tiger pelts part of the cloak attached to her hoodie. Sun Quan notice the cloak that the Guardian had on and looked familiar to him but kept it to himself.

Zavala: "thank you for informing us about the imminent threat Hunter."
???: "thank you sir, being revived is very weird but I know now why though."
Niko: "fresh from the grave, Cosmodrome perhaps?"
???: "here."
Niko: "what?"

They look at the Hunter with the same questions as she stood there a bit confused herself.

???: "i was found Southeast from here last night, i came here when my Ghost detected, Cabal..." she stopped mid chat seeing Empress Caiatl arrive.
Raiden: "we'll explain later Blueberry."
Liu Bei: "you must be..."
Caiatl: "i am Caiatl, Empress of The Cabal Empire."

When Zhang Fei saw her he pointed his spear at the Empress and yelled in anger.
Zhang Fei: "how can we tell you are not the enemy!" this cause a confrontation between the two groups.
Raiden: "hey there's no need for that kind of crap, as he said he'll explain everything on what is going on."
He turn his attention to the Guardian and then pointed at him.
Zhang Fei: "silence you are just Cao Cao's stray dog."
Raiden: "the fuck you said boo?"
Liu Bei: "Yida stop-"
Zhang Fei: "your a Cao Dog."

Raiden: "have you look at yourself with a mirror lately, you look like a bum with family issues."

Zhang Fei: "damn you Cao Dog, take this!"
Liu Bei: "no!!!"

Zhang Fei charge at Raiden and swing his spear at him which he dodges. the next attack Zhang Fei thrust his spear and this time Raiden grab and use the end of the spear to hit Fei's chest which stagger him away from The Guardian.
Raiden: "finally something interesting."
Zavala: "stop Raiden, that is an order!"
Raiden: "like i said Zavala "all talk and regret"." he summon The Enigma and attack Zhang Fei beginning the duel.
At first Zhang Fei had the upper hand but The Guardian's skill of 10 years have the better of him.
Zhang Fei: "for a Cao dog you have skills."
Raiden: "stop calling me that fat ass."
Zhang Fei: "how dare you call me that!"
Raiden: "look a honey bun."

With that response Zhang Fei continue his attack, Raiden took care with ez and still not struggling kick Zhang Fei's spear away that impaled on the ground. Guan Yu with Crescent Dragon in hand join in to defend his bond brother from The Guardian.

Guan Yu: "I've heard about your Valor from your fellow Guardians, i willing to see if they are true."
Zhang Fei: "hey i was doing fine!"
Raiden: "aw he needs big brother's help before i beat his fat ass."
Zhang Fei: "take that back!"
Raiden: "your mom." The duel was getting interesting for those who are watching but Zavala attempts to intervene then Caiatl stops him.

Caiatl: "Don't interfere Commander."
Zavala: "what if he kills one of them, he tends to finish the job."
Caiatl: "this is the Guardian's fight, that fool poked the bull and will get his horns."
Mara Sov: "she is right, besides if he wants to kill he'll do it with his bare hands... i maybe wrong."

Raiden starts the second round by charging at Guan Yu who charge in return grinding his blade on the dirt then swing which the Guardian blocks and create sparks with each blow made. Zhang Fei joins in and attempt to attack but struggled as the Guardian block both attacks and held them back again without breaking a sweat.

Guan Yu: "you are the warrior i imagine, just like Lu Bu but more calculated."

Zhang Fei: "and I'll make sure he dies like him!"
Raiden: "can't kill a man who is already dead." he push them both back and when he finds an opportunity to strike a crippling blow Liu Bei push Raiden and held him while Guan Yu and Zhang Fei stop their attacks.

Liu Bei: "enough..." he shed his swords before bow to the Guardian.
Liu Bei: "please forgive my third brother's behavior."

Unknown to them someone is aiming their weapon at Liu Bei and speaks to himself before releasing an Arrow...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 584 44
☆~°Queen of Hearts°~☆ ☆~°Cayde-6 X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N), a hunter. In fact one of the best hunters! Shes fierce and bold and not afraid to stand up...
3.4K 42 6
Blue was a simple Warlock who did simple Guardian things. He did patrols, he studied the Light, he listened closely to The Speaker, he had conversati...
7.9K 54 11
What happens when a Titan is teleported to Kouh instead of the Tower? Find out in A Titan Among Dragons and Devils
21K 1.1K 14
[Arknights x Male Reader story] "There is always light, even in the darkest of places. Extend your hand and march forward, for you see over the horiz...